It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many sources predict 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I always thought the Bible Code prophecy of a comet hitting the earth in 2012 or a comet stopped by God in 2012 just before earthly impacts was always an interesting prophecy. Just google "bible code prophecy" or watch the two bible code specials on History Channel.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I was watching a show on history channel about predictions and they mentioned [...] a timeline that ended on 12/2012.

So we have the mayan calendar, I Ching, and possibly Nostradomos. Are there any other sources, that predict 2012? And I would like legitimate sources, not ones that are just speculation.

Thanks!

a timeline does exist which ends 21-12-2012
but a new great cycle begins on 22-12-2012

what perks interest are the remarkable things & events which accompany
this new 5,120 year cycle AKA: Calender

i think its called the POPHL VOH , anyhow do a search on the Mayan calendar, and these remnants of the Mayan predictions for the 2012 date still survive, even after the Catholic Church missionaries destroyed all the Mayan 'evil' writings

As of right now, there are Maya elders, and a few who are conversant with the Maya calendar predictions...this following article suggests that the book is from an authorative source concerning what will befall humanity in the 2012 era:

Drunvalo Melchizidek, author of books on sacred geometry and 2012, just released a series of videos, available free on Youtube, that present the contemporary Maya perspective on 2012.

Melchizidek received permission from Don Alejandro Cirilo Perez, the leader of the Mayan council of elders, to disseminate this material, much of it quite fascinating.

According to Don Alejandro and the Maya, the earth will soon undergo a magnetic pole shift and mass crustal displacement, while humanity shifts into a new form of consciousness. At some point, there will be a 30-hour period of blackness – not just an eclipse of the sun, but total blindness – in which people are advised to sit still and wait. This will take place somewhere between now and 2017, with land masses shifting above and below the equator.

He notes that the new paradigm involves the integration of the ancient and modern knowledge, and a movement into a heart-centered way of life

www.realitysandwich.com/2012_according_todays_maya

i will soon go to you-tube and look up this set of videos
to see if its its solid & believeable or just more opportunists disguised as Maya elders.... i believe it is 'Quiche' who are the recognized calander priests still today in the 21st century...over 500 years since the Maya empire got crushed by the missionaries of the [Cross]

[edit on 3-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Theres only one true source for the 2012 prediction ... and thats the end of the Mayan long count. ..... which is only that, ... the end of the calender. and why didn't they continue from there ??? well they were already a few hundred years ahead, ... it had to end sometime. Why does everyone have to make it more than it is ??? they never wrote about all this nibiru crap, ... or pole shifts.

and NO, Nastradamus, or Edgar Cayce did NOT predict anything to do with 2012, where do you guys get this stuff from ??

Its like, when anyone see's anything to do with 2012 in any other culture they automaticaly jump to this end of the world scenario. Or whats even worse, ... is they take predictions, or prophecy's and mold them so they fit into this 2012 crap.

So, the basis for most of these 2012 predictions stem from overactive imaginations. everyone trying to jump on the bandwagon with their two cents, .... which isn't even worth half that.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There are no reliable sources that predict 2012.

The Mayan calender is an old circle that i doubt that people can even read correctly. They are just taking their best guesses.

Nostradamus wrote all his predictions in an encrypted dead language so deciphering that takes a lot of guess work.

The web bot crawls around the internet to search for what people are talking about. So the more people talking about 2012 (and the number gets bigger every day) the more sure the web bot is that it will happen.

The bible code is basically taking random numbers and hoping to find something that makes sense. Obviously there is more to it then that but i personally think the bible is B.S. so anything found in it will be B.S. too.

As far as i know timewave zero is based off our emotions or something like that. I've seen plenty of timewave zero charts and have yet to be impressed. It's mostly people looking for highs and lows and then scouring the news obscure events that could possibly match up to it.

I, Ching if i remember correctly is used to predict your own fortune so unless it kept telling everyone that your gonna die in 2012 i don't see how it could tells us anything else. You flip 3 coins and find out the worlds gonna end. talk about a depressing fortune.

These are all my opinions feel free to tell me that i don't know anything about these things. I don't care. This is how they have been explained to me by people very interested in these things and these are the conclusions i have drawn.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

there are more than 30 oracles that i know of the foretell of the "end times"... but only few that give specific dates.

But if you look at what each says, oracle says... like the Hopi Indians... they specifically mention "when the word is covered in a web of deceitful knowledge..." or the koran... (YES! the koran) the mention the time when"men lay with men and women lay with women"... and when "mothers are killing their children at will"....

There's the Navajo, Edger Casey, Jean Dixon, The Oracle of Delphi, The Bible, The Koran.... etc. etc.

The thing is to be open minded about what each one says and see how it all fits so nicely together....

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The vedic scriptures talk about entering some kind of golden age in the year 2012
hinduism.about.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
the Maya calender foremost....or rather exclusively!

however there are end-of-age memes from the Inca too...
probably cross culture generated.

see:

Prophecies of the Q'ero Inca Shamans

... Dr. Alberto Villoldo described how an earthquake in 1949 underneath a monastery near Cuzco, Peru, had rent the ground asunder, exposing an ancient Incan temple of gold. This fulfilled a sign that the prophecies of Mosoq, the "time to come," were now to be shared with the modern world.
s. For 500 years the Q'ero elders have preserved a sacred prophecy of a great change, or "pachacuti," in which the world would be turned right-side-up, harmony and order would be restored, and chaos and disorder ended.

[...]

According to ancient prophecy, this is the time of the great gathering called the "mastay" and reintegration of the peoples of the four directions. The Q'ero are releasing their teachings to the West, in preparation for the day the Eagle of the North and the Condor of the South (the Americas) fly together again.

They believe that "munay," love and compassion, will be the guiding force of this great gathering of the peoples.

The new caretakers of the Earth will come from the West, and those that have made the greatest impact on Mother Earth now have the moral responsibility to remake their relationship with Her, after remaking themselves," said Don Antonio Morales, a master Q'ero shaman. The prophecy holds that,

- North America will supply the physical strength, or body;

- Europe will supply the mental aspect, or head;

- and the heart will be supplied by South America.

When the Spanish conquered the Incas 500 years ago, the last pachacuti, or great change, occurred. The Q'ero have been waiting ever since for the next pachacuti, when order would emerge out of chaos. ...

now... its speculative of me to say that this Inca prediction is tied to the 2012 date of the Maya...but it could be !

oops, to read more go to;

Prophecies of the Q'ero Inca Shamans
www.bibliotecapleyades.net/profecias/esp_profecias_inca.ht​m

[edit on 4-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Apparently i read something about the Aztec's claiming that in 2012 a stargate would open and Quetzalcoatl will return aboard a winged serpent craft also something about the Egyptians predicting the return of the alien God known as Osiris

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join