It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many sources predict 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I was watching a show on history channel about predictions and they mentioned I -ching and the McKenna(spelling?) timeline, that taking the 64 symbols created a timeline that ended on 12/2012.

So we have the mayan calendar, I Ching, and possibly Nostradomos. Are there any other sources, that predict 2012? And I would like legitimate sources, not ones that are just speculation.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
While I remain a hopeful skeptic with anything regarding 2012, it is careful to consider the sources that are citing sources.

Yes, the Mayan calendar ends on Gregorian Calendar date that is equivalent to December 21st, 2012. The theory of Timewave Zero does end December 21st, 2012. Supposedly, TMcK came to this conclusion before knowing of the Mayan date (unverified).

Many websites that are trying to sell a book, or membership at a forum will cite the Hopi Indians, ancient Egyptians, Rosicrucians, and various other ancient and/or secretive religions. These should be taken with a grain of salt. Regardless, there are amazing similarities between end-time stories of all religions, but that could just have to do with human nature

If anyone else has anything to add, such as a reliable source, please do so. As I said I am a hopeful skeptic.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That is what I am trying to figure out. You have sources all over the place predicting 2012. But I am trying to figure out significant sources that are actually predicting it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't think anything will happen in 2012. Even if someone did foresee it, its almost impossible for it to happen. Just by ourselves we make hundreds of different decisions that we are aware of. Can you imagine how many choices are made over the entire globe? Not just by us but by other animals as well. Yes they make choices too.

BUT, what I just said it gibberish if you believe in a predestined universe.

But to the O.P. there are countless sources. To give a certain number, would be impossible. In fact I could be one of your sources, if I had a dream about it. But I haven't. There are about several "reliable" sources out there though.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Egyptian civilization also predicts an event in 2012, most common of which is the return to osiris, the egyptian bull.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trams

But to the O.P. there are countless sources. To give a certain number, would be impossible. In fact I could be one of your sources, if I had a dream about it. But I haven't. There are about several "reliable" sources out there though.

You kind of missed the point of the thread is I am trying to weed out and count the reliable sources.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well, you won't find a source that is reliable to everyone. Good luck though.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

You said there are several reliable sources, do you have links to them?
The stuff I am trying to not have included is a statue in Ireland that could be interpreted as anything, but people try to use it as a "prophecy".

But something more solid is fine.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

From an interview with Art Bell in 1997, Terrence McKenna stated:

Now, I know you have some interest in the Mayan calendar ... I didn't know when I calculated this date that it was the same end date as the Mayan calendar ... to the day ...

Here's a link to one copy of that

I learned one thing....a Google search isn't the easiest way to go with that.

Edgar Cayce did some talking about a period in time where the global consciousness shifts, but never pinpointed a date, Which is a bummer to me, because I'm a huge fan of his.

I could have sworn there were some doubts about Nostradamus having nailed down a date in THIS century for the end of the world or anything like that.
Link

'They would condemn that which future ages shall find and know to be true...(quatrains) are perpetual prophecies from this year to the year 3797, at which some perhaps will frown, seeing so large an extension of time...'

It would seem to me, that if quatrains apply to 3797, that he would be 'eliminated' from the possible sources of 'certain' 2012 predictions.

Also, Terrence McKenna USED the i-ching to arrive at his novelty theory.
I don't personally think they could be considered two distinct methods of prediction if one is derived from the other. Without Mckenna's interpretation, the i-ching is simply a tool for divination, and doesn't, in and of itself make any predictions.

Benjamin Franklin created what he called 'magic squares.' These have been dissected and added to a timeline as well, and as could be expected, also correlate precisely to 2012. (based on integers between 1 and 64, like i-ching)

I would recommend this site: www.timewave2012.com... for a good basic understanding of the FIVE different mathematical 'versions' or interpretations of the timewave. They all pretty much become infinitely small (denoting infinite novelty according to McKenna) at around the same time.

I think it would help the discussion greatly if we knew what you expected as far as the TYPE of event you are looking for the 'prediction' of.

A doomsday scenario in 2012 in not really what Terrence McKenna was proposing, and I don't think that the Mayans necessarily were either.

But yeah, the Maya and McKenna, based of course on i-ching are about the only two I know of that have some sort of documentation to support them.

What are we looking for, Nixie?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Independently only 3, Mayan Calendar, McKenna Timewave, and some channeling from the eighties like Ra material. And also Astrology which predicts a major period of change but since astrology has no timeline end, it still goes onwards
- Mayan transition of long-count ages, October 2011 or December 2012
- McKenna, Exponential novelty, breaththrough, Late 2012
- Ra transition to 4 dimension, around 2011-2012, while per se, not a event that we would notice much, since theysay there is a gradual hundred years transition.
- Astrological cardinal alignment in 2010-2012, once in century kind of event, very strong events, social change and transformation

All the rest were findings afterwards that seem to fit the 2012 year, but then 2012 was already well known. Recently, crop circles.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by segurelha]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by segurelha]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
McKenna aligned the timewave to the Mayan's endpoint, to partially quote Terrance himself, "And everything seemed to fit"

McKenna’s prophecy comes from the Mayan calendar, not independent of it, but what he created, was a visual interpretation of man's collective psyche throughout history. The eerie similarities that the graph shows are why we still talk about it today.

The Mayan calendar is the only source I know of, that gives the exact time and date of 12/21/2012 as the "end of the cycle", and im pretty sure the calendars direct meaning of its own end is still debated.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
John Major Jenkins is a researcher you should check out. His book ""Galactic Alignment" pretty much compiles a list of ancient cultures that pointed to this time in various ways. This is a must read, I think, if you're looking for collaborative evidence. Quite a few different ancient cultures seem to have known 2012 was an important time. Its been a few years since I read it, so I certainly can't list them, or the evidence, but you should check it out.
Peace.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
there are a lot of b.s. out there we just have to wait and see!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
yep theres a f*** load
oh well a few more years to see....if we are the last 1s on earth then lets dance
a giant erth party
lol

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm seeing a future date, hold it, its coming to me. Auughh 2112....................................oh that's my Rush album.

2nd line

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
These are all the ones I remember:

Nostradamus, Merlin, Crop circles, Edgar Casey, Mayan Calendar, Bible code, Hopi Indians, I Ching

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

First I think you should define "prediction".

Is your question - How many sources make "any kind" of prediction?
End of the world? Change on consiousness? Or just any kind of 2012 connection?

Which is actually a good question. I am actually making a list of all the possible links to any kind of 2012 connection - and there are quite a few. But it takes quite a bit of time and research and I'm not finished yet.

But make no mistake, there are serious connections across the world, civilizations, astronomy, etc. and it is an important date. We are living in exciting times!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psycontagious
These are all the ones I remember:

Nostradamus, Merlin, Crop circles, Edgar Casey, Mayan Calendar, Bible code, Hopi Indians, I Ching

From what i hear the hopi never said anything about 2012, just that the end times are near after all the predictions came true. Also nostradamus never said anything of 2012 either, his messages are so cryptic noone will ever know what he meant? Do you?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
my theory on why the mayan calendar stops on 2012 is a simple one.

if you had a been tasked the job. to carve out thousands of dates on a calendar out of stone. i would have given up by 2012 too and told my boss to go somewhere the sun don't shine.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There is the Mayans Prophecy - calendar - and Astronomy. Then there is the following: Bible Prophecy Papal Prophecies Saint Malachy
Hopi Prophecy, Revelation, Joel, Daniel, Isaiah, Ezekie, Prophecies Nostradamus on World War 3, Helena Petrovna Blavatsky prophecy, Edgar Cayce prophecy, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle prophecy, Cherokee Prophecies, Mohawk Prophecy of the Seventh Generation, Deganawidah: The Two Serpents Prophecies, The Seven Fires of the Anisinabe predictions, I Ching prophecy, Inca Prophecy, Albert Einstein prophecy.
I have found over 60 different prophecies these listed above is just the start.The fact is that 2012 involves many fields of science and prophesies, spiritual, and traditions of people and much more. We do not claim to know all. 2012 is about known facts. Some are scientific facts, accepted by the scientific establishment. Other facts are simply the reported beliefs and predictions of famous people - Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus, Ramtha, Albert Einstein, and the Mayan Indians- to name a few. What they said may not be true. But it is a fact that they said it. Many great prophets have predicted extreme earth-changes and disasters to occur near the current millennium. Based on Mayan calendar prophecy and will focus on the necessity of being spiritually prepared for the great mega-changes ahead--social, political, economic, terrestrial, extra-terrestrial, galactic, and Universal...a New Era of self responsibility where we understand there are no saviors outside of us. We are here at this great moment of Transition not by accident, but by design, as we all have gifts to offer one another to ease us through as Intended and remember its up to you Draw your own conclusions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join