It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist manifesto to be read at anniversary cermony for pivotal moment in North American history.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I find this absolutely disgusting!!!

The Manifesto of the FLQ will be read during a ceremony commemorating the 1759 Battle of the Plains of Abraham. These people murdered a politician and kidnapped another. Their stated goals were open Revolution for the Secession of Quebec from Canada.

From 1963 to 1970, the FLQ committed more than 200 violent actions, including bombings, bank hold-ups, kidnappings, at least three killings by FLQ bombs and two killings by gunfire.

They were the cause of the only time in Canadian history that the War Measures Act was used during peace time.

Extreme Nationalists from Quebec managed to get the re-enactment of the battle cancelled for fear that they would "disrupt" the demonstration.

www.ctv.ca...

"But the problem is it's being cancelled now for the wrong reasons, because of threats of violence," he added. "And it's never a good reason to cancel something just because you're afraid."

And Gilles Duceppe, head of the Bloc Quebecois, said not reading it is akin to censorship!!!

www.nationalpost.com...

Gilles Duceppe on Tuesday defended plans by organizers to read aloud the 1970 Front de Liberation du Quebec manifesto during a festival this weekend on the Plains of Abraham, telling reporters it is history and those who object are condoning "censorship."

Disgusting.

If I remember correctly, Duceppe had no problem with the Military Re-enactment being cancelled because it shamed Quebecers, yet this terrorist document is history.

Here's the actual document that was forced to be read as part of their demands on all media outlets, both English and French, in Quebec back in 1970.

network.nationalpost.com...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'd never really studied up on the Quebecers. I just thought "hey, good on them for being nationalist's". I had no idea they were marxists. I thought they were just good patriots.

I was wrong obviously

Never really had much for the french. Respected the Acadians but not the french of modern times. these folks really dont help much at all.

What was it with the 60's and 70's with the freaks and bombers? Most of these maggots seem to have turned into what they hated. They became part of the "machine" they railed against.

Oh well.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
OP thanks for posting on the FLQ crisis. Learning about it in school..Theres allot they left out. And OP your display picture made me laugh sooo hard.

LOL now were finding LyinBrians dirty laundry. Seems he SHI*T the bed on the Schreiber affair.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I was actually hoping quebec seperates. What have they done for Canada? Let's see how long quebecers can survive before they come back begging.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised that you people can come to this site and complain about the economy and the situation in the states and how revolution is coming on one hand, and then turn around and say this about the FLQ.

Why? Is it because it is in the past? Because half of you weren't even born during the time and the issues being face mean nothing to this generation?

Go and read the first paragraphs of the Manifesto and tell me that doesn't apply to the world as it stands today. I'm not condoning their actions, which took innocent lives. But I won't stand by and watch the hypocrisy evidenced so far in this thread go unanswered.

united in a free society, purged forever of the clique of voracious sharks, the patronizing "big bosses" and their henchmen who have made Québec their hunting preserve for "cheap labour" and unscrupulous exploitation.

a response to the aggression organized by high finance and the puppet governments in Ottawa and Québec

Yes, there are reasons for the Liberal victory. Yes, there are reasons for poverty, unemployment, slums, and for the fact that you, Mr Bergeron of Visitation Street and you, Mr Legendre of Laval who earn $ 10,000 a year, will not feel free in our country of Québec.

I was born and raised in British Columbia, and have no great like for the Quebecois, but by god do we need more people with guts like the FLQ if we are going to do anything about the state this world has fallen into.

Sit around and complain about the state of things while you do nothing all you like, but by god don't turn around and hammer the people who at least Tried to bring about change

Production workers, miners, foresters, teachers, students, and unemployed workers, take what belong to you, your jobs, your right to decide, and your liberty. And you, workers of General Electric, it's you who makes your factories run, only you are capable of production; without you General Electric is nothing! Workers of Québec, start today to take back what is yours; take for yourselves what belongs to you.

Make your own revolution in your areas, in your places of work. And if you don't do it yourselves, other usurpers, technocrats and so on will replace the handful of cigar smokers we now know, and everything will be the same again. Only you are able to build a free society.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by D.E.M.]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Please don't presume anything about me. You have no idea what I have or haven't done to change the way things are.

By your statements, you see the killing of innocents as justifiable regardless of this little disclaimer.

I'm not condoning their actions, which took innocent lives.

yet you follow it up with this...

we need more people with guts like the FLQ if we are going to do anything about the state this world has fallen into.

And you're railing about hypocrisy?

I've read the manifesto, long before this thread and it is nothing more than propaganda. Every terrorist organization wants to sound like they are fighting "the man". All they really want is control. Trade one messed up situation for another.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

My apologies good sir, I did not mean to presume as hard as I did, and in retrospect my post was rather brash. I had originally intended to simply draw a parallel between the Manifesto (Which I too had read before this) and the current situation the world is faced with on a daily basis.

One simply tires of wandering ATS day in and day out, watching all the people who can barely spell let alone articulate a good argument rail on about the world devolving into chaos, and then going back to their SUV's and corporate jobs &/or welfare; not bothering to lift a finger for change.

Painting the FLQ as some sort of group to be looked up to is, quite frankly, sheer madness. They were, and remain, murderers and terrorists. However, we leave in mad times that are on the brink of calling for equally desperate measures, if half the news is to be believed. Thus I consider the reading of their manifesto to be a useful thing. Perhaps it will awaken a new generation to the reality that they might take action against a corrupt and unjust system, as the points I quoted above hold true regardless of their author.

To boil it down, if my generation were to raise a revolt against the incontestably corrupt systems prevalent in North America today, I would simply ask that 40 years down the people that didn't bother to try would try and see both sides of the coin if we lost, rather than presuming that all people who fight against injustice with whatever the means are simply terrorists lusting for power.

And no, I agree, pipebombs in mailboxes and murdering unrelated government officials do nothing to further a cause. Pipebombs in tropical countries wherein the truly guilty politicians winter at our expense, are a far more effective call to action in the contemporary climate, however.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by D.E.M.]

new topics

top topics

join