It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlas V blasts off from the Cape with its top secret payload

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Maybe they are giving all so much false information on the thing because of what it is really going up there to do.

Perhaps it is not a surveillance craft at all, but perhaps it is going up there to perform some manufacturing operations. Or maybe its a weapon.

*Then again, this could all be to distract from another launch occurring somewhere else.

Also, in the first appearance of the god Pan, he is a guardian to a queen.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I had no idea this was even going up. It wasnt really on the news that day and at work we have 3 tvs on that always have on local news. I was making dinner and the house started shake and I kind of freaked out (watched "The Day After" the night before
) then I looked out back and saw what was left of the rocket : ) Here are a couple pics I took....The squiggly line is all I got. I wish I knew and I would have taken better pics! I can see the launch pad from my balcony. Well here are the pics
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff5f43625bac.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/395bc3f7e4cd.jpg[/atsimg]

As for it being secretive, that doesnt surprise me. I did find it weird that after it went up I went on NASA's site to see what is was and they had it going up at 3:10pm which I knew wasnt true because I was home and so was my roommate. I knew it was about 5:30pm.....The local news also mentioned that nobody knew what it really was and that it was very secretive. I tried to ask the guys I know that work there yesterday but they weren't saying anything.
I think I should bought them some shots : ) they tend to talk more when they drink more...hehe

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Really sweet, quite fortunate that you have a front row seat :-)

Part of the reason why they try to keep it hush hush is that your average civilian can be a thorn in the side of "secret" ops.

There is an amazing article about an amateur satellite observer named Molzcan who started a whole online effort Heavens Above and made some observations as to the lengths they will go to hide things from not just the target of their efforts.

Full article here

In late 2004, a fierce closed-door debate on Capitol Hill burst into the open. Several senators announced publicly that they believed Congress was frittering away precious budget dollars on a proposed new version of Misty. At $9.5 billion, it was likely the largest item in the intelligence budget. While being careful not to mention the codename or specific nature of the project, US senator Ron Wyden (D-Oregon), described the new satellite as "unnecessary, ineffective, overbudget, and too expensive."

Part of the reason for the apparent ineffectiveness, of course, is the skill of the satellite sleuths. Even if the observers do not currently have a bead on Misty, the fact that they have seen it and continue to look for it - and have posted info on pretty much everything else - raises questions about the efficacy and expense of stealth technology in space. "It's not an encouraging data point that these dudes could find the damn thing," observes the University of Maryland's Lewis.

Not surprisingly, the intelligence community isn't happy with the amateur observers. "If we had our druthers, we would prefer that these things not end up on the Internet," says Rick Oborn, an NRO spokesperson. "It's no secret that other countries stop doing what they're doing when the satellites are overhead." Several years ago, then-senator Bob Kerrey (D-Nebraska) went a step further when he suggested that hobbyists who publish spy-sat information online are supporting terrorists.

For a short time after September 11, some hobbyists stopped posting the orbital elements for military satellites. But today the general feeling is that amateur observation is ultimately just that - something anyone could pick up. National governments could do it easily with their sophisticated radar tracking operations. Terrorists could make their own observations with a pair of binoculars and high-school math skills.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I noticed that the rocket seemed to be hauling ass. Never known a launch vehicle to travel that fast since Ive lived here 36 years. Maybe its a global radiation detection device to track radioactive materials?

By the way, nice forum you got here!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixanomalymade some observations as to the lengths they will go to hide things from not just the target of their efforts.

Yeah you got that right... The MISTY stealth satellite that was launched by STS 36...

They actually created a pretend explosion to say it was destroyed... yet that amateur tracked it later

The whole thing was a big joke and fiasco... especially since the scientists put a public patent out on the stealth part

Good thing for us snoops is they don't kill ya these days...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I seem to have hit a nerve and upset someone -
Traceroute indicates that I can no longer connect to Abovetopsecret through my ISP

At first I thought maybe I broke an ATS rule and was banned on this end, but then realized its Virgin doing the dirty. May have to write a thread on how to sidestep ISP filtering of content some day ;-).

Anyone else had this crop up before on ATS?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syndicate
I noticed that the rocket seemed to be hauling ass. Never known a launch vehicle to travel that fast since Ive lived here 36 years. Maybe its a global radiation detection device to track radioactive materials?

By the way, nice forum you got here!

Now this guy just registered on the tenth. Get a look at his avatar and read it. Pixanomoly, I don't think it was a mistake that you couldn't log back on.

Edited to add: Get this I just checked Syndicates member profile posts. This is the only thread he posted on ever. Creepy man, I don't know.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
Edited to add: Get this I just checked Syndicates member profile posts. This is the only thread he posted on ever. Creepy man, I don't know.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for creeping me out again! I saw you posted and checked it out. I just found it weird man. I mean here we are discussing this totally secret payload and then this guy registers and posts only here and tells us we have a nice forum here. His avatar says what it says. Then pixanomaly has isp problems. Creepy!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixanomaly
Zorgon the person who edited that doc file forgot to clean the properties.
Last edit by someone called Braine and author is noted as comerw ??

tried to u2u details but will post open

admin edit: Personal details removed at the request of the of the owner of the LinkedIn profile.

[edit on 12-28-2009 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixanomaly
tried to u2u details but will post open

Link didn't work in U2U

Now THIS is useful

admin edit: Personal details removed at the request of the of the owner of the LinkedIn profile.

Ties right in to my NAVY Space Command thread

NAVY Space Command Uncovered
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-28-2009 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I tried to reply just before and lost my connection. Anyway, I wanted to thank Zorgon and pixanomaly for looking into this so thoroughly. I seriously thought we would come to the conclusion that we would never know and nothing would come of it. At least we would have been aware of the launch. You guys are seriously good investigators. Really, and Zorgon that thread of yours is awesome! A ton of information and it will take me a little while to digest. Thank you so much for providing the link! You guys rock!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join