It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Christian Discovery found in Da Vinci's Last Supper. The Holes in His Hands..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TangoVooDoo

Show me the biblical account that says Jesus and Judas reached for the bread?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
It's all fascinating if you add up all of of Leonardos' work. I particularly like the stories of portraits that seem to as if been done by a machine or computer.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
what is all this stupid fascination about this painting. IT WAS PAINTING THOUSANDS OF YEARS AFTER THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF CHRIST!!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by the illuminator

Can you see the Holes in Jesus' hands that Leonardo Da Vinci painted in what most believe is a painting of the meal Jesus had with His disciples before He was crucified but is not. Da Vinci painted a seen of the events surrounding the risen Christ and the holes have faded away over the years.

See link

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusVine

Show me the biblical account that says Jesus and Judas reached for the bread?

Ahh, so now you want "Biblical Accuracy"? You'll lose that debate trying to support this painting with Biblical accuracy.

I already pointed out that they were "reclined" at the eating table. No chairs.

You also avoided the question about why, if this is a post-resurrection painting, is Judas in the painting. Does it not make more sense that this is a pre-crucifixion painting?

Now in regards to Jesus and Judas reaching for bread.....since this is an artists interpretation of a Biblical event and since it appears that Judas is holding a money bag, which either is representative of him being the groups money holder or his money for the betrayal of Christ, then the 2 of them reaching for bread is symbolic or representitive of Jesus stating:

Mark 14:20

20 "It is one of the Twelve," he replied, "one who dips bread into the bowl with me.

So please don't avoid the difficult task of explaining why Judas is there in a post-resurrection painting.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Personally, I take that as meaning 1 person took money over understanding, thus did not eat the bread, but settled instead for material riches.

Proverbs 8

10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

Proverbs 9

4Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,

5Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

I think OP fails to understand that "Jesus" is not just a person, but a physical manifestation of the understanding - aka knowledge of the holy.

The timing of the event itself has little or not importance, it has the same meaning either way.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join