It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Christian Discovery found in Da Vinci's Last Supper. The Holes in His Hands..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
New Christian Discovery Found in Da Vinci's Last Supper.

The Holes in His Hands.

On Easter Sunday 2007 something supernatural in nature happened to me. Since that day I have prayed earnestly to know its meaning. There was a supernatural vessel aspect to the events of Easter Sunday 2007 and that is how I was led to one of the Greatest vessel mysteries of all times, The Holy Grail. For a witness to what has been shared with me as to the true nature of the Holy Grail, God has shown me the truth as it pertains to Da Vinci's painting of the LAST MEAL JESUS HAD WITH HIS DISCIPLES. That truth is that there is something missing in the painting. What is no secret at all is that Jesus had a meal with His disciples after He had risen from the dead and before He ascended to heaven. The information about this meal can be read at the end of each of the four gospels that depict the events of the risen Christ before He ascended. Please fell free to pick up your bible and read. I have included a few of the these scriptures in the next post that show why Magdalene is at the table, (She was told to gather the disciples) and why Jesus has His hand laid upon the table as Thomas and (not Judas) readies himself to place the his finger in the holes of His hand that have faded away in the painting but can still be seen as you can see in the image above. It has also been brought to our attention during the restoration because of years of deterioration of the painting that they are eating fish and not the traditional passover meal. The new discovery is that as a result of years of deterioration you could no longer make out the holes of His hands. Da Vinci painted a scene of the events surrounding the meal Jesus ate with his disciples after he had risen form the dead with an emphasis on the unbelieving Thomas and the fish He ate with them before He ascended.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The answers are found in the scriptures below:

Why does one of the disciples have his finger held up as Jesus lays His hand upon the table?
So that he could place his finger in the holes of Jesus' hand.

John 20: 27
27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

Did Jesus sit at a table with His disciples after He had risen from the dead? YES

Mark 16: 9-14
9 Now when He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven demons. 10 She went and told those who had been with Him, as they mourned and wept. 11 And when they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they did not believe. 12 After that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into the country. 13 And they went and told it to the rest, but they did not believe them either. 14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.

Did Jesus eat fish with the disciples after He had risen?
YES

John 21: 10-13
10 Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish which you have just caught.” 11 Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken. 12 Jesus said to them, “Come and eat breakfast.” Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, “Who are You?”—knowing that it was the Lord. 13 Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish.

Why is Mary Magdalene at the table with the disciples?
She was told to gather the disciples in Galilee to meet Jesus.

Mark 16: 1-7
1 Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him. 2 Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. 3 And they said among themselves, “Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us?” 4 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away—for it was very large. 5 And entering the tomb, they saw a young man clothed in a long white robe sitting on the right side; and they were alarmed. 6 But he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him. 7 But go, tell His disciples—and Peter—that He is going before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you.”

What people may have forgotten about The Da Vinci Code is that it is a movie about The Holy Grail. The Da Vinci Code is further proof that no one knows what the Holy Grail is until now. I had always believed it was the cup used for the wine at the supper before Jesus was crucified. The Da Vinci Code says that the Holy Grail is a person. I have also learned that some believe that it is a supernatural vessel and I can tell you that this is true, it is supernatural and it is found in the word of God.
Let this information serve as a witness to the truth that God has shared with me as to the true nature of the Holy Grail and the season we live.

I have recently published a book "Death is swallowed up in victory" by Brandon Price that is free to anyone via email. It is also available at amazon.com

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Link to image of the Last Supper - you can zoom in on the Hands yourself and you can still see the holes.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
uhh yeah, don't see any holes. There are some slight shadows but it looks about right as far as accuracy goes.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I thought that archeologists had shown that the Romans crucified their victims through the wrists and not the palms, as is commonly depicted .
Supposedly the flesh of the palm would rip under the weight . (i could be off base on this ... )

I honestly can`t see a hole on the hand , other than a depiction of the natural depression every palm has with hand upturned .

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Do you see the biblical reference as to why one of the apostles has his finger held up as Jesus lays His hand upon the table?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
looks like a crack in the painting to me. There are cracks all over it. Even if the holes were there - what would be so significant about it? It's not like it was painted before or anything even close to that.

Or is this supposed to be saying that the last supper is out of order - since it happened before his death in the bible.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusVine

Do you see the biblical reference as to why one of the apostles has his finger held up as Jesus lays His hand upon the table?

I am a little confused to be honest , could you share your interpretation with me ?
What is the significance ?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusVine

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Jesus is looking down at his hand (as well, the disciiple sitting next to Jesus is looking at Jesus' hand also) while he is telling Thomas to touch it. And the reason why the disciple on His other side looks like a woman is because she is.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

The world has been led to believe the this scene depicts the events of Jesus before he was crucified and its wrong. The number two best selling book in history is The Da Vinci Code second only to the Holy Bible. The book/movie was based on the Da Vinci painting and the facts surrounding that painting are wrong. That's important.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Thank You.. Your the first to see...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The world has been led to believe the this scene depicts the events of Jesus before he was crucified and its wrong. The number two best selling book in history is The Da Vinci Code second only to the Holy Bible. The book/movie was based on the Da Vinci painting and the facts surrounding that painting are wrong. That's important.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusVine

Umm, do you realize that the entire scene is actually depicting Proverbs 9 to begin with? Jesus plays the role of wisdom and gives understanding.

Doesn't at all matter when it happened, that isn't the point of it. Sounds like a wild goose chase.

Proverbs 9

1Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

2She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table.

3She hath sent forth her maidens: she crieth upon the highest places of the city,

4Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,

5Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Jesus is a carpenter - builds houses. Notice the wine, the bread, the table and so forth?

[edit on 9/9/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

And Jesus has led me to this understanding.. He gets the credit..

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Sorry to rain on your parade here. Don’t you think Da Vinci read the Bible too? Well just to let you in on the secret he only painted this picture in the 1800’s . Yes that’s 1800 years after Jesus was not on earth.

So he was not walking around with Jesus and captured these images then painted them.

I really miss the point when people rave over a picture and start saying that there is a woman in the picture etc etc etc, The bottom line is the picture was painted a very long time after Jesus left the earth. This is Da Vinci’s interpretation of the last supper. Big deal.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

And it does matter when Non Believers use the movie/book (The Da Vinci Code) as proof although fiction to disprove the Deity of Christ...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

It appears Leonardo Da Vinci new his bible and painted a scene that depicted the events of the risen Christ.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

Thats the point Da Vinci read and knew his Bible...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ok, how does it matter?

Anyway, I was just showing you the actual meaning behind it to begin with. You can do what you like with it.

In terms of Jesus and the father, I'm a believer. In terms of Christianity, I am a non-believer.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

as a believer do you see the significance?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join