It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-War Demonstrations throughout the world today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well there are around 10 million people around France, Germany, Turkey, the US, the UK and more and i have to say i agree with them, I dont see how George Bush and Tony Blair can oppose 10,000,000 and many members of the UN.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
So we should continue to allow a conquered nation (Iraq) do what amounts to renege on their terms of surrender (WMD full disclosure)?

While I would agree that war should never be rushed, what would you suggest be done? How can results be achieved without the imminent threat of violence?

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Anything can be accheived without violence, It just needs time to be reconsidered.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What is most important for the US to do is defend it's own country, and do what is needed in that respect. I think about 70% of Americans are in favor of disarming Iraq by force. Sure, millions in America may have protested and I think that is great because it's their right, but many many more millions are in favor. As far as other countries, I don't care anymore, because they are getting in the way of the US protecting itself.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
War is totally wrooooooooooooooooooooong!
Bush is a physcopat , just enjoys killing people.

Do you all realise if and when the armed strike will initiate hundreds of missiles will be hitting Bagdad, do you know how many innocent people will die? More than 9/11!

Are you Americans really under threat? Has Iraq launched a nuclear attack? NO!!! The US wants to launch one instead.

Ok, you get rid of Saddamm, and then what? Another Saddam somewhere else, and then somewhere else, and then somewhere else....It will never end.

The only way then (in GBs mind) is to kill everyone and just leave the Americans.. What a great way to solve the problems of the world....Does Bush understand the meaning of tolerance?

The world has shown with their protests today, that it is just a bunch of nuts that want war. The vast majority is against it.

War=Death... No good!

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
all those anti-war demonstrators are totally wrong. let them go to Iraq and try to live there and then they will see what means to live in hell.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If you were to put all the anti-war folks on the streets, then put the people who are for disarming Iraq/taking Saddam out on the street, there would be a lot more (at least in the US) of that latter group. What is going on in the rest of the world is just something for those countries to consider. The US can't base decisions on other countries.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaxatron
War is totally wrooooooooooooooooooooong!
Bush is a physcopat , just enjoys killing people.

Oh, how has he shown that he enjoys killing people?

Do you all realise if and when the armed strike will initiate hundreds of missiles will be hitting Bagdad, do you know how many innocent people will die? More than 9/11!

Whether or not that is true or not, it isn't the same thing. We aren't targeting civilians. What we would be doing isn't terrorism, what was done on 9/11 was. Apples and oranges. If civilians are killed(of course there will be, and I sympathise with them) it is SD's fault for putting his people in that situation.

Are you Americans really under threat?

Yes.

Has Iraq launched a nuclear attack? NO!!! The US wants to launch one instead.

Where is your proof, or even any motivation, that the US wants to launch a nuclear attack?? If Iraq isn't disarmed and Saddam isn't taken out of power, it's just a matter of time before he tries doing something stupid. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

Ok, you get rid of Saddamm, and then what? Another Saddam somewhere else, and then somewhere else, and then somewhere else....It will never end.

If that's the way it has to be, so be it. This isn't a land where just because the going is tough we just decide not to act. You have to do what is right no matter how difficult it may be.. You don't come over here and screw with our country and not expect us to start going out and kicking ass and taking names of states/groups who we think are a danger. It's all part of the War on Terror("terrorists and those who harbor them").

The only way then (in GBs mind) is to kill everyone and just leave the Americans.. What a great way to solve the problems of the world....Does Bush understand the meaning of tolerance?

Not killing everyone, but to take care of terrorist groups, and dangerous regimes. There will be some deaths, but obviously not 'killing everyone and just leaving Americans.' All any of this will do, is make the world a safer place and at least give the world a shot at peace. Something that can't happen with so much terrorism and unstable folks like Saddam Hussein ruling countries and having control of dangerous weapons.

[Edited on 16-2-2003 by Shady]

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Are you Americans really under threat? Has Iraq launched a nuclear attack? NO!!! The US wants to launch one instead.

I would suggest putting yourself in the mind-set of one who stood and watched the World Trade Center burn and fall, knowing dear friends are either trapped inside or making heroic efforts to save lives.

For the record, you will be trying to imagine what I and millions of others went through on 9-11-2001.

Let's attempt to assemble the basic pieces here.

Iraq has used horrific weaponry in the past.
She has shown severe hostility and invaded a neighbor.
She was driven back and defeated. A conquered nation.
She continues to evade what amount to terms of surrender.
Like minded groups of terrorists plot against this country.
These groups have been successful, against many targets.
These groups have slaughtered thousands of innocents (9/11).
Saddam's son has been seen amongst these groups.
Iraq has not been able to prove destruction of their weapons. A term of surrender.

Is this simple enough for you?

These are irrefutable facts, even by the so-called "peace" protesters. What else do you suppose could be done?

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winston Smith

I would suggest putting yourself in the mind-set of one who stood and watched the World Trade Center burn and fall, knowing dear friends are either trapped inside or making heroic efforts to save lives.

For the record, you will be trying to imagine what I and millions of others went through on 9-11-2001.

Let's attempt to assemble the basic pieces here.

Iraq has used horrific weaponry in the past.
She has shown severe hostility and invaded a neighbor.
She was driven back and defeated. A conquered nation.
She continues to evade what amount to terms of surrender.
Like minded groups of terrorists plot against this country.
These groups have been successful, against many targets.
These groups have slaughtered thousands of innocents (9/11).
Saddam's son has been seen amongst these groups.
Iraq has not been able to prove destruction of their weapons. A term of surrender.

Is this simple enough for you?

These are irrefutable facts, even by the so-called "peace" protesters. What else do you suppose could be done?

just a point here after korea (north i think but im not really sure)
restarted a nuclear reacter and are now capable of making nukes i see the u.s are not marching in guns blazing like they are trying to with a iraq im all for disarming sadam but im sure theirs a better way than bombing iraq to pieces a la afaganistan what is their in iraq to blow up anyway ?

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   

just a point here after korea (north i think but im not really sure)
restarted a nuclear reacter and are now capable of making nukes i see the u.s are not marching in guns blazing like they are trying to with a iraq im all for disarming sadam but im sure theirs a better way than bombing iraq to pieces a la afaganistan what is their in iraq to blow up anyway ?

umm buddy we are goin to go after NK we have a carrier battle group sitting in SK water just incase they try anything. Rumsfield has already said we are capable of fight on 2 fronts hint hint.Also once again its the media. They want to publisize the unpopular war that alot of ppl are against. would it make u happy if the tables were turned and we were on teh brink of a war with NK and puttin iraq on the side. YOu would hear the same thing. And thank God for GWB we need a proactive pres that will not sit back and let us be attacked. The best defense is a strong offence.

also i wish their was a better way to handle this. I wish we could just send delta in and take out all the threats quietly. But we live in a real world that stuff isnt as simple as that.

[Edited on 16-2-2003 by Quicksilver]

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Iraq's Saddam Hussein committed an act of Genocide, those who support not fighting a war against Iraq. Support the idea that Acts of Genocide are not important enough to go to war over.

North Korea has not in recent history committed an act of Genocide but are threatening. And as a reuslt the US has responded to the threat, in a fashion that is not unreasonable (sending one Aircraft Carrier and its standard felt of ships/battle group), and is seeking diplomatic solutions.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It makes me sick that one white american life seems to be worth 30,000 of non white american lives. The hipocracy displayed in this build up to war is breath taking in its audacity, and frighting in its willing acceptence by the ordinary american.

top topics

join