It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Things to watch for tonight during and after Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Politico has their 7 things here.
Politico - 7 Things - Obama Speech

Here are my 7:

1) Pelosi jumping up and down begging for applause every 15 seconds.

2) The Bait and Switch from Obama - No Public Option -----Oops! There it is!
Page 918 Public Option put in on a hair trigger by LWL Nancy Pelosi.
Always read the details!

3) Look for "Magical Words" that were discovered during focus group polling.
- Tell the people what they want to hear. -

4) Demonize the insurance companies.

5) The Republicans laughing at the poorly "Repackaged Public Option".

6) The Republican Response. "We can do better. Try Tort Reform."

7) The White House talking points that were distributed to the Mainstream
Media that focus on their biggest concern "The Power of Sarah Palin".
The talking point story is also discussed at Politico.com.
- White House talking points blast Palin -

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

I usually try to stay out of political threads, but that was just too funny!
I can see Biden asking her beforehand to slow it down a little because he can't keep up.

I'm expecting the same ol' same ol', regardless of political affiliation.

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have this image of Obama standing at the podium remeniscent of Lois from Family Guy where she says, "9.....11" and the crowd jumps up and down and starts throwing money.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You forgot number 8. The media will proclaim that the speech is a game-changer and that the great law-giver Obama, through mere words, shall deliver medical insurance so that the masses may be saved from imminent doom, despite the opposition from the eeeevvvviiiiilll Republicans.

Then, someone will remind them that Obama hasn't even given the speech yet.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
To tell you the truth regardless of the joking matter about Obama and his health care reform, people needs to get serious and understand that either the reform is honest and because the government care or we are heading for the biggest power grab by government over peoples health care choices.

One thing to look into is why government wants to penalized people for not choosing a health care, doesn't that falls into the greedy hands of the private insurance companies without a public choice?.

Are we going to be deceived once again by lies and deception?

Without public choice this nothing more than giving Americas tax payer once again into the hand of greedy companies to milk at will with government approval.

Revolt people because that is all we have left to fight for our rights in the nation of the free.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg, i'm not joking.
You just watch.
All 7 of the things i mentioned will in fact happen.
You will start laughing when you see i'm right.
Your first laugh will be when you see Pelosi jumping up and down
like a Jack in the Box.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I can not stand pelosi, so trust me is nothing Obama is going to say about the health care reform that will make me sit down and listen.

I am heading to the gym for two hours and when I comeback is my favorite show tonight ghost hunters, I will read about the speech either later tonight here in ATS or tomorrow morning.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
The Politico has their 7 things here.
Politico - 7 Things - Obama Speech

Here are my 7:

Hahahaha Now there is a drinking game for you. Every time Pelosi jumps up and down you have to drink a shot or chug a beer
I should probably eat something....

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm a Ghost Hunter fan myself.
They're getting more Ghost Hunting gizmos every year.
They need to add a medium like Allison Dubois.
You should Tivo the obama speech and the Republican response.
Bill Oreilly will summarize it all very quickly.
He sure did for Obamas last speech.
The 7 things to look for are all very predictable for me.
Enjoy your workout.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Honest reform? Is this an oximoron? Look, there will be healthcare reform. The Dems sure as heck aren't going to give this back to the Republicans and they want all the credit. I doubt that they even consider any compromises put forth by the other side.

And no matter how tame they make this, something will be buried in this that will make your hair stand on end. And whatever is passed might take years to implement. Whose to say that they get this passed and then a Republican controlled house/senate/WH might redo this again, pushing the timeline out further, while making back room deals so everyone (not you and me though) gets rich in the process.

What we can do now is enforce our current laws and bring about tort reform to ease the burden on physicians. I do like the option to shop across state lines without penalty.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thanks I am just so fed up with worthless politicians I don't care much what the have to say anymore regardless of the phony pony show tonight.

BTW don't forget to count how many times Pelosi blinks also.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Actually the intentions were there before the corporate pimps from the health care business started to lure the whores in Washington to go their way.

The public option is only for that 10 percent that can not afford health insurance in any way or form.

How can they penalized people that fall in that category into getting a private health insurance they can no possibly afford.

Like I say this is nothing but a power grab for the insurance business as usual but with the backing of the law, just like you pay for car insurance, if you don't have it you get penalized, still the competition for car insurance is not better still and you end up getting what is out there or you don't drive.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And Drudge is now reporting that the dems lack the votes to get this done. If this is the case, then the public option is off the table as the Senate has already said a bill with a public option wouldn't pass in the Senate.

So, what is plan B again?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

FYI, tort reform isn't healthcare reform, it's legal system reform that puts a monetary cap on human life and pain/suffering. Healthcare reduction is a theorized benefit of tort reform.

The theory goes: patients can only sue 100,000 dollars for a doctor leaving a clamp in their kidney, so insurance companies will therefore be able to lower malpractice insurance towards doctors which will therefore lower costs of patient treatment and surgery.

It's basically the "trickle down" theory with another name. And we all saw how amazing trickle down economics works, right? I mean, American's overall salaries skyrocketed this past decade with tax cuts for the rich! Salaries outpaced inflation, employment hit all time lows, the middle class surged, and the economy soared!

Oh, wait...Was that how it happened?

Is it more likely that an insurance company will spread the profits to its owners, directors, and shareholders than actually lower costs? Is it more likely that doctors will charge less for procedures, or take the increase in income from lower malpractice law suits and keep procedures at the same cost?

Tort reform has been passed in several states. Texas is one of them. Feel free to research.

Tort reform in Texas was supposedly passed to decrease the incentive for people with non-meritous claims to file lawsuits. The real effect however, was to decrease the incentive and the ability of those with meritous claims to file lawsuits. Our courts already have numerous mechanisms in place to dismiss non-meritous cases. There's motions to dismiss, summary judgments, and the contingency-fee agreement, and judges have the ability to issue directed verdicts. Tort reform isn't about cheaper health care, it's about legislating away financial risk to insurers, which exist solely to assume responsibility for that risk.

Source

On the rest.

1. Who cares?

2. Ever heard of compromise? So Democrats and Liberals are willing to budge on matters important to them (and a huge chunk of the electorate) and seek a compromise with Republicans. But partisan Republicans aren't? Glad to see the do nothing party of "no" is still there to be the bad cop to the Democratic good cop!

3. And focus groups are a bad thing because? Well, perhaps Obama shouldn't have organized town halls either. That way a much more liberal healthcare bill would have passed much more easily!

4. The insurance companies are worth demonizing. How can you not see that? Are you totally ignorant of the facts? Do you realize how much the cost of insurance and medical care has skyrocketed because of solely profit-driven insurance? Why you're somehow completely against protecting an individual American citizen in healthcare or the justice system is beyond me.

5. They can laugh all they want. They're just corporate puppets like the Democrats anyway. Unfortunately for them, they're taking a huge gamble that no healthcare reform will pass. I doubt they'll be laughing come election season if something does pass.

6. Already addressed.

7. Not worth addressing, but not surprising considering the OP's posting history.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

You and I and all of us will be owned by private insurance with the blessing of the government.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would like to see Nanci Pelosi jump up and start clapping real hard only to realize she is the only one doing it in the chamber.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You left off counting the wet spots on the medias legs after he gets done.

Maybe a contest to see if jumping Nancy has more jumps than medias wet spots?

Either way I prefer to watch paint dry instead.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

LOL I think you are *so* dead on! I love the thread. I know this is so much a serious issue, but the stress relief from laughing did me some good. I absolutely loved the Pelosi jack in the box video on youtube that I placed it on my blog, but I won't post it here in the name of not furthering my blog hits, but just suffice it to say, I know you are dead on.

On a serious note, they don't have the votes:

www.drudgereport.com...

I know this is before the speech, but I don't see the speech changing this one iota. Once peoples' eyes are opened, it is impossible to close them again.

Welcome to the awakening.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

You're right. They are having a hard time finding votes for something Americans do not want.
That's not all. Cap and Trade is also in serious trouble in the Senate.
Obama is surrounded by bad news.
OMG! What do they do????
Sit around and dream up talking points that focus on Sarah Palin.

I think Obama should resign December 2009.
Give Joe Biden a chance.
That sounds like a bumper sticker. "Give Joe a chance."

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

You forgot one more thing to look for...and Obama did not disappoint!

He invoked the name of Teddy Kennedy to try to get the sympathy vote.

He stopped just short of renaming it 'Kennedy Care'.

reply to post by Avenginggecko

FYI, tort reform isn't healthcare reform, it's legal system reform that puts a monetary cap on human life and pain/suffering. Healthcare reduction is a theorized benefit of tort reform.

The theory goes: patients can only sue 100,000 dollars for a doctor leaving a clamp in their kidney, so insurance companies will therefore be able to lower malpractice insurance towards doctors which will therefore lower costs of patient treatment and surgery.

That is only one aspect of tort reform; to right a wrong.

The other benefits include the fact that doctors will not have to play CYA by ordering up every conceivable diagnostic and test so that they are not accused of negligence or incompetence in cas of a missed diagnosis.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join