It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting beyond gloom and doom prophecies!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
hi all.

yes, rising above the prediction and prophecy Negativity!

I was at the public library the other day, i needed to print something out, and I looked at the latest predictions and prophecies on several of my favorite forums.
I left that library a bit depressed and a bit irked. As I usually do to some extant, I cannot help it as I have a very vivid Imagination.

As I walked away from the Library, I recall a favorite magazine from the 50s childhood. READERS DIGEST. Over the years they have had very helpful articles about personal security, health issues to be aware of, economic suggestions for hard times, etc,etc: very helpful articles but these articles tended to make me MORE scared and Afraid, afraid of life, as now I know 46 ways that my home could be invaded, 32 ways the garage can scam my car repair, 78 ways that i can get heart attacks if only I eat right and there are 99 suggestions for *that*, on how to eat, every so often the issue that tells me to eat only margarine, is over ridden by a later issue that tells me that real butter is better for me!

I live at a senior Home for Independent living. Here there is a man
who is a "candy grabber", no one puts out candy on the desk anymore as when he finds the bowel, he takes ALL the candy! He also has One Answer for everything. "right and wrong" are one pixel apart in "absoluteness"!!
Fixated, opinionated, and he tells us all, "I laugh at cholesterol and diabetes, all my tests come back normal.
Only Thing is....he is NINETY YEARS OLD! He has seen many a younger senior Go Down at age 62 or 65, people who think right and eat right!!

Fear.
there was one post, yesterday, where this beloved [there on the forums]
and respected by all, predictor, wrote that essentially our Depression that we all are slightly coming out of is going to, next year, dive down SO much that the money will be worth nothing and that everyone will be unemployed and that only the fat will survive unless one becomes, really, a "survivalist"!

I, over the years, have been blessed with over a hundred dreams where guides and angels take me to experience places in the afterlife worlds.
For me, life after death is a "Know", not a "believe"!

I apply my knowledge to these gloomers.
Each and every one of us will die of Death some day, some sooner, some later. To quite a point: I would suggest to live "quality over Quantity"!
so what if Yellowstone erupts and kills me! so what if all economic activity zeros out so that all cities erupt in riots and I live on a cardboard sheet somewheres in the woods!
I understand *THIS*: that I am here to hoe my garden of life and then at the end of the Day, I will turn all of my tools back into the construction shack, and then leave, never to come back until my next incarnation!
"loaners". everything is a loaner, what counts for all is *how* I use the Tool.

end times?
Probably if there is an end times, only those who are spirit-given to be Survivors, should prepare in advance for this: you each probably Know who you are!
the rest of us? we each have our soul growth things to do. if we were to "obsess" on end times and thus be Afraid, our lessons will stop, as we go into "survivalist contractions"! stop those piano lessons! read Mother Earth magazine, not "Atlantic"!
[we came here to live our soul given lives, not to "survive" as most of us have been through that, over and over and over, during our past lives, as in "Africa today"!]
"Saying "yes" to life, is for me the Only Way to go! I read that one can tell the age of a soul by the amount of laughter the person has! Too too Many Predictors are Serious people!

freestone

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well said my friend well said.

I believe in quality over quantity as well and think theres no reason to be afraid of something as natural as death...there is only life,death is a misconception in my opinion.
I was talking to a friend today about that and now I see you have said the same thing....we all die from death.
I hope in the next life I can avoid the taxes.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Thank you Freestone. I really appreciate that.

There is a lot of fear around right now. I get caught up in it as well. It's easy to look around and see everyone buzzing like a lot of mad hornets. So much going on.

There is a lot of ego involved in most of my decisions and it worries me sometimes that the inevitable end that I face can be be wished away for today, if I only focus on something outside of my control for long enough to get worked up about it.

Why is it so hard to admit that I'm not Rambo? How come I can't believe that mine is not the Swiss Family Robinson? Why is it so difficult to release myself from the worries of continuing an existence, that to be honest is full of greed, destruction and ignorance? Why would I want to prolong the suffering?

It's just so much more fun to romanticize about a life that would be a certain way, if I only had the power to make it so, than it is to exercise the power I have, through hard work and mental and spiritual digging to make my life and the best I can and have the most positive effect I could have on those around me.

When the world screams, it's so easy to not hear the whispers. You're a peaceful soul and your observations are greatly appreciated.

join