It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre, mid or post tribulation rapture.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

[Oh, I saw Matthew used earlier in the discussion of the raptuer. Something I wanted to say is that, the rapture is for the church. Since the church wasn't around when Jesus was (it came sometime in Acts), Jesus in Matthew 24-25 is simply talking about his second coming, not the rapture.]

You should note that Israel is known in the bible as the "Church in the Wilderness" as Israel was formed from the tribes started with Jacob's sons. The enslaved Hebrews became the nation of Israel starting as a body of tribesmen with no land. They endured 40 years in the wilderness before going into their promiseland. The new testament also calls christians "Spiritual Israelites" or the "adopted children of Abraham". The name "Israel" means "Prince with God" or "People of God". Are Christians not people of God? So to say the church wasn't present, especially in Revelation, you are mistaken. The rapture takes place at the second-coming of Christ so Jesus was talking about the resurrection and rapture in Matthew 24:29-31. Just read my 3 or 4 last posts to see a good explanation. God bless you.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Luke 21:34-36 (King James Version)

34And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TAshi11

The NetBible translation may be a little easier to read:

“But be on your guard so that your hearts are not weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of this life, and that day close down upon you suddenly like a trap. For it will overtake all who live on the face of the whole earth. But stay alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that must happen, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

NetBible notes:
Greek: “watch out for yourselves.”
This judgment involves everyone: all who live on the face of the whole earth. No one will escape this evaluation.

Psalms 1:5 For this reason the wicked cannot withstand judgment, nor can sinners join the assembly of the godly.
Ecclesiastes 9:12 Surely, no one knows his appointed time! Like fish that are caught in a deadly net, and like birds that are caught in a snare – just like them, all people are ensnared at an unfortunate time that falls upon them suddenly.
Zechariah 2:13 Be silent in the Lord’s presence, all people everywhere, for he is being moved to action in his holy dwelling place.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TAshi11

To escape the trials of tribulation is not to be carried up to heaven in a secret "snatching away". Revelation speaks of the woman (symbolic for church) who gave birth to the Son of Man and was sent into the wilderness for 3 1/2 years to escape the judgement of man on earth. So those who escape God's wrath will be safe in the wilderness.... away from the modern babylonian system.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Through my studies on the subject i believe in a pre-trib rapture. Perry Stone has some fantastic videos about this. The Jewish wedding ceremony is a great example, as are the Jewish Holidays.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join