It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile Phone Radiation: Are you exposing yourself to dangerous radiation levels?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I read this article today and was alarmed at how much radiation is being emitted by mobile phones and how much it varies. I wanted to bring this to the attention of the members of ATS. Recent studies are showing increased risk for brain and mouth tumors for people who have used cellphones for at least 10 years

The radiation levels are measured in watts per kilogram. Lower the better. The FCC set the standard for phones to be under 1.60w/kg. This standard was set 17 years ago and it outdated. Mobile phones were not widely used at the time. These days people walk around with phones pressed to their ear all day. The standard is being reviewed and word is that it will be set to around 1.20w/kg.

www.usatoday.com...

People that use their phones a lot should have a phone that around 1.00w/kg or less to be safe.

The Environmental Working Group (EWG) put together a list of 1000 phones with their radiation emission levels. Take a look at the list and see if you can find your phone. If it is at the high end you should think about replacing your phone with a model that emits less radiation. If your phone is not listed then the manufacturer refused to release the information, that should make you suspicious about the radaition level of the phone.
www.ewg.org...
My phone The Samsung Flipshot emitts 1.40w/kg of radiation. Fortunately I do not use it too much and text most of the time but I am still going to get rid of it.

Peace and be well fellow ATSers

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The Cellular band - 869-894 MHz (PCS 3G and 4G occupy other bands)

AN/SPS-49(V) Very Long-Range Air Surveillance Radar

Introduced 1975

Freq range - 850 to 942 MHz

Transmitting Power: 360 kW peak, 12-13 kW average power.

Here, I'll write that out for you.

12,000 to 13,000 watts average output power, to 360,000 watts peak power.

Typical distance from the SPS-49 to people working on the signal bridge or bridge wing: ~ 100-200 feet.

Usually, the near field RF splatter is what you get exposed to.

So... how many cancer clusters show up in the US Navy? Inquiring minds want to know. Same freq range, massively more power... and its been exposing people for what? 34 years? You would think that we would have heard something by now.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

No idea how many cancer clusters show up in the US Navy. Maybe there are cancer incidents related to operating Very Long-Range Air Surveillance Radar. Do you think the Navy would actually make that information public or tell the operators that there could be a health risk?

How much radiation are they actually being exposed to 100-200 feet away as opposed to having something emitting radiation while directly pressed against your skull? I'm not saything there is a cancer link or not with using mobile phones, just passing along the information. Apparantly someone wrote the article and did the study so someone thinks there may be a link.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hate to break it to ya, but this is very old news..just "new" in the USA's
public eye. In Russia, you are paid hazard pay for working around any high-energy source like power stations, telco switching stations and of course
any kind of radar facility. -they have done extensive study in this field since WWII. they know all too well the effects of EMR on cell biology, DNA and behaviour..

Imagine if this news were to go mainstream here in the U.S.

anyway, don't take my word for it... here is chapter 15 "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" from the book The Body Electric[1985], by Robert O. Becker, a double Nobel prize winner..

www.angelfire.com...

I have the book, and i suggest you buy and read it. it's an eye opener

ps: search on "maxwells silver hammer robert becker" (without the quotes)
and you will find *many* links that will help you to understand the whole picture behind EMR's effects. -happy hunting.

-s

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Following any major configuration change the radio and radar equipment is tested during sea trails and RADHAZ surveys are performed. This determines what areas are placed off limits and serves to keep people out of the really hazardous areas.

As for background RF, the power levels are enough to severely interfere with equipment not intended to be operated in such an environment. Things such as cell phones, video equipment etc.

As for hidiing clusters and/or disease data... the Gulf War syndrome is pretty well known, despite the DoD's attempts to quash it. The same thing for the effects of Agent Orange in Vietnam. Yeah.. that info would readily pop to the surface. Too much potential money there for a trial lawyer to not try and exploit it.

Russian equipment? That's easy. Historically they have not placed much concern for personnel safety until after the fact. We've done it too, but no where near their level.

Even the humble microwave oven was accidentilly discovered when a guy had a chocolate bar melt in his pocket when he was working near a magnatron.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
BTW:

The guy that had the the chocolate bar died in 1970... at 76.

(Percy Spencer)

top topics

join