It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government expects terrorism because of El-Hajj

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I couldnt find any news articles on the internet about this but have any of you heard it on tv?

That the US Government said to expect terror alerts because of the Muslims pilgrammages to Mecca... that's why we're on orange alert?

When I heard this I was so mad. If this is not a war on Islam then it's close to it. This is what we hear nowadays on the news... "Is Islam a threat to America" .. "Is there an Islamic threat in the east"

It's incredible.. and to top it off, they expect the El-Hajj Pilgrammage to produce terrorism..

First of, Violence is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN during El-Hajj... sex is also forbidden and fasting is a law... so how can we expect violence?

This is so crazy... America truly is brainwashing the American mind to turn against Islam... it's real sad.

posted on Feb, 15 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Lol..that has nothing to do with being against Islam. The freaking attacks on the US were made in the name of Islam. If terrorist will twist what is supposed to be a peaceful religion, it's the terrorists(not Muslims in general) who do things like this in name of religion that is to blame. And why wouldn't anyone think the crazies would also do something around Hajj..considering they twist other aspects of Islam?

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
ISllmatic67, it's not the western world who's in war against islam. It's islam who's in war against the western world, the Christians,the Jews...in fact, they are in war with everything who's not islamic !

" You don't want that the peoples thinks that you are a terrorist ? Then, do not act like one ! "

What is your opinion ?

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Islam is at war with the West, particularly the U.S.

The orange alert level was made primarily due to a lie told to the government claiming a dirty bomb would be detonated. They released the info without first administering a lie-detector test. Typical government incompetency.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I couldnt find any news articles on the internet about this but have any of you heard it on tv?

That the US Government said to expect terror alerts because of the Muslims pilgrammages to Mecca... that's why we're on orange alert?

Mr. Crowne, as is normal, is correct.

However, I have heard what you discuss. However, what I heard was connected to the end of El-Hajj, not during the pilgrimage. There were learned scholars of Islam on a news show (I cannot recall which, sorry) theorizing that an attack may be timed to coincide with the end of El-Hajj, not during.

This in combination with the report (which turned out to the false) led to hysteria.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
this threat came from supposed intercepts of internet activity...hmmm, who monitors that?

while it's purpose may not have been to demonize the whole of Islam it is kinda hard to make the case for a peaceful-Islam when every news station and printed press is running the story of terrorist attacks with pics of the piligrimage.

there are those that wish to discredit all of Islam ...don't take my word for it, all you have to do is turn on Christian tv and you will see that the war is not only being waged on oneside it's being waged on three. my view remains the same. religion is for suckers as evident by the past present and future killing in the same of some superfical god.

posted on Feb, 16 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
bout time i see someone realize that any war involving religion is pathetic waste of life. religion is an ancient method of control that unfortunately kept people enthralled by its mystic beliefs that it is reponsible for todays' ignorance about such things. and that my friends is what causes biblethumpers and people in the middleeast to start crashin airplanes into things and blwoin up federal buildings. if people would accept the fact that their 'god' hasn't done and will not do anything for them and denounce it, then they would probably end up putting a stop to much needed idiocy.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 06:38 AM
link   
oh, i don't recommend people denounce their god. i just want them to stop killing in the name of their god. have your god and your idols but leave the rest of us out of it. i don't want my fate decided by some idiot who thinks god is leading him to make decisions to forefill some prophesy which he has misinterupted to begin with....i watched that Falwell guy one night and it was tragic. i was raised christian and i never heard any of them refer to islam the way he does and i thought my folk were fanatics. half my people are muslim, and my mother told me it was a cult, and when i started attending mosque she allowed it but also forced me to attend church. eventually i gave both up for my God is but why bother approach.

at any rate, islam is being demonized whether folk accept that or not.

top topics

join