reply to post by David_Reale
Apologies if you think I am being an ass. Allow me to explain myself and how/why I make posts to threads and perhaps my... erm... sarcasm might become
- I have been a lurker for years at the site and a member for quite some time.
- I am a skeptic in the best sense (I hope) and I read practically all the threads posted in the UFOs Forum of this site and other sites, however I
regard ATS as the best of breed in terms of openness and focus.
- I start with a premise of "prove it to me" and my stance is purely that of "prove it beyond a reasonable doubt"
- I definitely want (and am still waiting for) proof that is convincing.
- I welcome with open arms all people who post in the forum.
- If a poster is a Newbie I will be courteous as clearly indicated in the discussion in the "UFO Forum READ BEFORE Posting **02/18/2007 UPDATE***"
thread that is always at (or near) the top of the UFO Forum Threads list.
- I am certain that everyone has read the thread that I speak of... but for clarity here it is:
Please Read This Thread
- If a poster is well versed in the forum, (for example a member since 2007!) and posts something that is old I am more likely to be less... erm...
polite... however I try to never be abusive... I use sarcasm and humor
- If a poster is not of this Earth I will try to use whatever title the poster uses in his posts or user name...
- I feel really strongly about this forum and I try to give feedback, links, data and measured criticism
- I do feel that people creating new threads should carefully think about their subject and try to provide as many facts, opinions and data as they
can muster. This type of thread is useful, informative and presents a case.
- I do not think that pulling a third-party YouTube Video that has been around for a long-time constitutes, on its own, the premise of a new thread -
unless the poster searches the forum first... otherwise we'll end up with hundreds of threads and dilute the new stuff
- I have posted replies on dozens of threads, however I have never created a new thread, primarily because I obey my own rules!
Now - I will argue against myself (I have a high opinion of myself - so I like to argue with myself!)
- There is definitely a case for the presentation of existing and impressive videos, evidence etc regardless of their age and there is (again) a
thread for this - that I just know you've all read thoroughly (well I have!)... It's called: "Compilation: Some of the best UFO Cases (or the
Classics)" and just for completeness here is the link (although it too resides at the top of the Forum!):
A nice link to the classic UFO cases - just in case you've not seen it
- Obviously if something dramatic happens - ie new evidence, new videos, similar cases etc... then that is a clear case for a review of an existing
So - I apologize if I offend anyone with sarcasm and humor, I am simply trying to look for convincing new evidence, and this video posted here has
already been thoroughly discussed and posted all over YouTube.