It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanosolar Completes Panel Factory, Commences Serial Production

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Nanosolar Completes Panel Factory, Commences Serial Production

www.nanosolar.com

Today Nanosolar demonstrated the completion of its European panel-assembly factory as part of an inauguration event attended by Germany's Minister of the Environment, the Governor of the State of Brandenburg, and a host of other leading public officials. Located in Luckenwalde near Berlin, the fully-automated factory processes Nanosolar cells into finished Nanosolar panels using innovative high-throughput manufacturing techniques and tooling developed by Nanosolar and its partners.

The panel factory is automated to sustain a production rate of one panel every ten seconds, or an annual cap
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Other blog entries from today:

Nanosolar Unveils Nanosolar Utility Panel™ Technology

In conjunction with today's inauguration of our panel-assembly serial-production factory, we today also unveiled the technology behind our first product, the Nanosolar Utility Panel™, and its unique features and benefits.

The Nanosolar Utility Panel™ is the industry’s first solar electricity panel specifically designed and developed for utility-scale solar power system deployment.

NREL Certifies 16.4% Nanosolar Foil Efficiency

So we are pleased to announce that our low-cost printed-CIGS-on-metal-foil cell stack and process produces quite efficient cells: Earlier this year, NREL independently verified several of our cell foils to be as efficient as 16.4%.

At 16.4% efficiency, our foil cells represent two world records in one: It's the most efficient printed solar cell of any kind (all semiconductor and device technologies) as well as the most efficient cell on a truly low-cost metal foil (with a material cost of only a cent or two per square foot and mil thickness).

Now that the Utility panels are released, they can start focusing on the residential panels. yay.

www.nanosolar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Selfish bump because I think this is more important than Alex Jones..

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Selfish bump because I think this is more important than Alex Jones..

You got that right

Green power rules, now if I could just afford it lol.
M.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Yes, let's hope they don't get to greedy and will sell residential panels at a reasonable price.

I would love to be able to break free from the utility companies.

Great stuff!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Nano solar only gets like 14-15% efficiency on their panels. Their only claim to fame is that they say they can make panels cheaply.

To get residential panels from them, you would have to find someone that makes solar panels using their solar cells. I don't think there will be a Nanosolar branded residential panel.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
If and when the time comes that I can somehow power my entire apartment via solar power (at a reasonable price,) I will be a very happy person indeed. I hope that initiatives such as this are a step in that direction.

top topics

join