It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Obama faces 30 death threats a day, a 400 percent increase over those against George W. Bush"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Actually... now that you mention it... and with every passing day... he looks more and more like... those who held the office before him. His actions make the resemblence... undeniable. And sad.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time understanding the 400% increase in death threats.

Are these individual persons threatening the President?

Where might I find the records of each death threat?

Please humor me as I am merely a simple minded person.

Oh, and how many people have been arrested for making threats against Obama?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You know, that could very well explain at least a large part of it.
I asked, "What other possible explanation could there be"? and you may have answered it for me. Thanks.

I do still think the extreme faction is a factor.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Race IS a factor in the increased threats...and denying that is as ignorant as claiming anyone opposed to the presidents policies is a racist.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Hate Groups' Newest Target
White Supremacists Report an Increase in Visits to Their Web Sites

www.splcenter.org...

Hate Groups Claim Obama Win is Sparking Recruitment Surge

“The League of the South is reporting a surge in new members within hours of the results from yesterday’s elections,”

Don Black, who runs the leading white supremacist hate site Stormfront.org, boasted in an online post Wednesday afternoon that his website was seeing six times its usual traffic. “There are a lot of angry White people out there looking for answers,” he wrote. “Let’s show them. We will not be defeated.”

www.alternet.org...

Obama Called a "Visual Aid" for White Supremacist Recruiting

abcnews.go.com...

Experts who track hate groups across the U.S. are growing increasingly concerned over violent rhetoric targeted at President Obama, especially as the debate over health care intensifies and a pattern of threats emerges.

Contentious health care debate heightens concerns for Obama's safety.The Secret Service is investigating a Maryland man who held a sign reading "Death to Obama" and "Death to Michelle and her two stupid kids" outside a town hall meeting this week.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Obama is receiving a 400% increase in death threats over Bush?

Boy.

Considering what he's done since in office, what he's planning to do, and who he's surrounded himself with -

THAT'S a real shocker.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

As far as I am concerned, a huge percentage of this unthinking hysterical hatred is because The Man has become The Black Man.

Right.

It has to be because he is black, doesn't it?

Talk about knee-jerk, reflexive reactions...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
FYI - Whatever side of the debate you are on I would hope that we could agree that this guy needs a swift kick to the groin..ideally with sufficient force where he wouldn't be able reproduce.

abcnews.go.com...

Contentious health care debate heightens concerns for Obama's safety. The Secret Service is investigating a Maryland man who held a sign reading "Death to Obama" and "Death to Michelle and her two stupid kids" outside a town hall meeting this week.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Sorry the 3.4% was for my state not the USA as a whole (6.5% reported nov 7) The present 16.4% was from this sitelink

Of course all the numbers are artifically low because they do not count those unemployed for a long period. More Game Playing by the Government of Lies.

Still a 10% increase is enough to bother people. And yes I blame the Bush family, Clinton, Reagan..... on back to 1913 for not having the guts to toss the Fed out on their rears. JFK was the only one to do so with Executive Order 11110 (never rescinded) and he and his brother got shot by "lone Gun men" aren't those Swiss Bank accts grand?

I still think the economic situation is more of a factor than race. If the economic situation was looking good you would only have the hard core nutcases.

Rogers: Dollar on Shaky Ground
Super investor Jim Rogers hasn't changed his pessimistic view of the global economy,...

He expects to sell U.S. dollars soon ...

The massive fiscal and monetary stimulus around the globe, and the debt burdens it will create, means trouble ahead for most major currencies, he said...

Many agree with Rogers about the state of the economy. Legendary investor Warren Buffett told CNBC: "We have had no bounce" in the economy.

Asked if he still sees the economy in "shambles," Buffett said, "I'm afraid that's true."
Money News

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com...

Hate Groups' Newest Target
White Supremacists Report an Increase in Visits to Their Web Sites

Let's look at the entire sentence so that we can get the full picture:

Sen. Barack Obama's historic victory in the Democratic primaries, celebrated in America and across much of the world as a symbol of racial progress and cultural unity, has also sparked an increase in racist and white supremacist activity, mainly on the Internet, according to leaders of hate groups and the organizations that track them.

' and the organizations that track them'.

Hmmm.....

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Sorry the 3.4% was for my state not the USA as a whole (6.5% reported nov 7) The present 16.4% was from this sitelink

Of course all the numbers are artifically low because they do not count those unemployed for a long period. More Game Playing by the Government of Lies.

Still a 10% increase is enough to bother people.

You are distorting numbers here...you know that right?

Okay...you said around 3% when he took office...now at 16%

Now you are saying that the 3% was for your state...not the country,

but you offer 6.5% for nov. 7th...when he was elected...he took office in January...

The 16% that you found is adjusted for seasonal, part time, and migratory workers.....

Niether the 3% for your state that you started with, or the 6.5% you state for Nov. 7th were adjusted similiarly.

You can't use your state's unemployment rate and then use the Nations.

Or use one rate that is inflated to include several other types of workers while comparing it to one that doesn't include those same workers...just to create a margin worth BSing about.

Or claim that Nov. 7th is when he took office...

I don't mean to be a jerk...I just would like honesty.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Hey Jso...

What does "Hmmm" mean? There are groups that track hate groups. I can list a few...Am I missing something?

Edit to add: "according to leaders of hate groups and the organizations that track them"

What I am reading is that the hate groups claim a surge in membership and those groups that track them agree.

Still missing what "hmmm" means..

[edit on 9-9-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

As far as I am concerned, a huge percentage of this unthinking hysterical hatred is because The Man has become The Black Man.

Right.

It has to be because he is black, doesn't it?

Talk about knee-jerk, reflexive reactions...

Not so much. Based rather on months of observation, here, on other internet sites and in the non-digital world.

This post by jtma508 raises an excellent point, and to the people pulling the strings, I imagine Obama's race is totally irrelevant.

But for the troops on the ground, so to speak - the people shrieking "Death Panels" and "don't kill my grandma" and such - nothing I have seen makes people crazier and more hysterical than religion or race. There are still people convinced Obama is a Muslim, but he for sure is Black, and that triggers the race seed. Like it or not, and I don't, racism is far from dead in the US. FAR from dead.

The man's policies are just not that radical to incite the kind of reaction we are seeing. The ones people make up and assign to him often are, but the real policies are not.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Still a 10% increase is enough to bother people.

Game playing...

Okay I looked it up... the 16% you qoute as our current unemployment rate is the U-6 Measure..

The U-6 in Febuary 09 right after President Obama took office was....13.9%
blogs.wsj.com...

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RATES IS 2%...

Just honesty...why is that so much to ask for?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Well, I can certainly understand the owners of those sites using puffery.

But I can also see the 'trackers' using exaggerated claims for their own purposes.

- To incite fear

- To justify more oppresive policies

Hell, they might actually be the cause of the perceived jump in numbers.

Or, it might just be Obama's people doing more snooping than usual, looking for more of those 'right-wing terrorists'.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The man's policies are just not that radical to incite the kind of reaction we are seeing. The ones people make up and assign to him often are, but the real policies are not.

Nationalize private industry

Determine compensation for private executives

Control of energy industry through Cap and Trade

Control of 1/6 of the economy, and the nation's health policies thru Obamacare

Pushing localism as a backdoor Fairness Doctrine

Remove the secret ballot through Card Check

Creation of " a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as the military.

Nah, nothing radical here...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So various hate groups decide (in unison) to lie about a surge in membership after President Obama is elected..

and then various independent organizations who track those hate groups decide (in unison) to lie and claim the same thing...

In order to incite fear of those hate groups?

Like people thought these groups were a sunday morning chess club before the "conspiracy" to give them a bad name? They are called "hate" groups for goodness sake.
A conspiracy that involves the groups actual leaders as well?

Confusing....

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

No, just mostly made up.

Look. I have my opinion. It is not a reflex, and I do not call racism at every turn. It is based on a long period of observation. I believe it to be the case. Whether you or anyone else agrees with me is beside the point and your (and their) choice.

I may be wrong. I have yet to see evidence of that.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

OMG what part of this was a planned radio station event/stunt do people not understand??

Why does the opinion of carrying guns stop at the event, yet selectively end at the real story, in which it is clearly researchable that it was a planned event/stunt by a radio station?

Yet people continue on. If one event was planned, I am betting high dollar ALL of them were.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.breitbart.tv...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
OMG what part of this was a planned radio station event/stunt do people not understand??

It doesn't matter that it was a stunt. It's STILL stupid, shows questionable judgment and is a means of intimidation.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Now we are both making mistakes. I stated when elected not when he took office.

The original, from memory was... “Remember when Obama was elected the unemployment was around 3%. “
I then corrected it to 6.5% for the whole USA
”Sorry the 3.4% was for my state not the USA as a whole (6.5% reported nov 7)”

I have seen corrected figures any where up to 21% and beyond.

This sort of explains the problem of how the REAL unemployment numbers are hidden, [yes yes it seems to be a kook site but I can not find the site I was looking for.] Actually once those unemployed run out of Unemployment Benefits and are removed from the data base, how the heck can they count them any way?

That's a problem - see, there are 2,656,879 people in that bin, an increase of 24,518 from the prior week, and worse, 352,482 people rolled off the 13 week program last week!

So the real increase was about 50,000 people, not 24,000 in the current week, because you have to add back in those that have been removed from the count but are still unemployed!

Again: 352,483 people, or well over half of the newly-filed claims, rolled off the original 13 week benefits onto extended benefits. This is where the "decrease" in the 4-week moving average came from. This little machination means that there was not actual decrease in the 4-week moving average of people on unemployment; to the contrary those on unemployment increased, not decreased!

"Extended benefits" are people who cannot find work within three months of being laid off, and are being forced onto the expanded benefit programs. Until the moving average change drops to close to zero including extended benefits the labor market is not slowing its rate of contraction!

Worse, we're going to start losing people off the "extended" benefits soon (next month) which will make it nearly impossible to count the real number of unemployed, and those who drop off extended benefits will have no income whatsoever, which means they won't be paying taxes - or spending.

The total count of people on both 13 week and extended benefits (raw numbers, not seasonally adjusted) is 8.718 million, another new record. thecomingdepression.blogspot.com...

No matter what the actual numbers the Economy still stinks and people are going to blame Obama. This article has lots of pretty charts and even someone without any knowledge of Economics can see we are in deep DOO DOO.

As far as I am concern all the media articles about "race" are to divert attention from the fact the USA is doing a crash and burn and Obama is doing nothing constructive to stop it. If the people complaining are marginalized as racist then the real issues can be swept under the rug, just like you are trying to do.

The Week in Charts – Buckle the Heck Up!
No, I’m not being over-dramatic. It is time to buckle the heck up. The resonant disconnect between reality and the pumping that is going on in the media and among supposed “experts” is at an all time historic, never been here before, Economic Mass Psychosis, HIGH.

To Quote John Kenneth Galbraith, “The majority is always wrong.” Right now the majority believe we are exiting the crisis. They are just plain old fashioned WRONG – again.

To prove my point, I’m going to show you the week in charts courtesy of the St. Louis Fed. This week, however, I’m issuing a WARNING. The evidence in these charts points to the beginning of a DEFLATIONARY SPIRAL. The PPI data comes out next week and will be a key piece of evidence in this regard. The results of a deflationary spiral will be UGLY if entered. You will see another round of deleveraging to go with locked credit markets. Equities will get hammered and the real cleansing of the economy will accelerate. This process will be PAINFUL but necessary to end the malinvestment. It will be the phase where more businesses who were hanging on HOPING for recovery will simply run out of cashflow to maintain operations. The same thing is necessary to cleanse a way over-bloated government and military.

The fallout will affect everyone. These charts are HISTORIC, they are NOT indicative of a short recession. As you view these charts, pay attention to the negative trends and look at them from a historic perspective. Many market callers are looking for immediate inflation due to the money pumping. I challenge them to point out inflation anywhere in these charts besides the money aggregates, which, by the way, are not growing at the rate they were. Those who look solely at the money aggregates are not seeing the destruction of credit which is very real and has hobbled the consumer. Never ending growth was a fantasy and is over for the time being, there is simply too much debt/credit in the system....
Source

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join