It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish Lies or American Lies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

U.S. officials deny Swedish hospital was 'stormed'

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is disputing a report by a Swedish charity that alleged U.S. soldiers stormed one of the charity's hospitals in Afghanistan in search for Taliban fighters.

The Swedish charity RUNS the hospital in question. We've had lots of problems with dishonest Swedes, Right? Come on, you know hundreds of them, I bet.

Soldiers from the U.S. Army's 10th Mountain Division searched the hospital in Wardak Province in east-central Afghanistan with the permission of hospital administrators, two senior defense officials said on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk on the record.

I love it when they use sources that are 'SENIOR DEFENSE OFFICIALS' that aren't 'authorized' to talk on the record. What type of 'official' is that? CYA, stormtroopers.

The troops were searching for a militant they believed was hiding in the hospital after taking part in a nearby roadside bombing attack on a convoy that killed a civilian, one official said.

Officials of the Swedish Committee for Afghanistan, which operates the hospital, said Monday that soldiers stormed the facility last week, breaking down doors, and tying up staff and visitors.

The ONLY type of Swedes that are LESS trustworthy than 'regular' Swedes, apparently, are the ones that run hospitals as a charity in war-torn hell holes.

But the U.S. Defense Department officials said Tuesday that troops went to the hospital with Afghan security police, got agreement from hospital administrators for a search and did not break doors, but rather broke the lock off one door after being told no one had the key.

The search did not turn up the Taliban they were searching for.

Don't even GO there. You KNOW that Swedes are notorious. Not only for chocolate, nice watches and bikini teams, but for making up stories about American troops that would NEVER enter a hospital without the full permission of the administrators and certainly DO NOT BREAK DOORS. They break LOCKS...OFF of doors, but dagnabbit, how dare you insinuate.

The last line is the best.

'These aren't the droids you're looking for.'

Stripes

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Oh these dirty low-down rotten Swedes, they're clearly not with the USA on this one! Look at their shift little eyes, you just can't trust a Swede, and how dare they cast impunity on the most righteous military force on earth?

Now we'll have to re-name Swedish meatballs FREEDOM meatballs.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well, Ikea will make out like bandits. The Taliban and AQ will deck out all their caves and other hideaways with the latest in Swedish design. It's so Islam! All the mosques will be doing it next!

They'll have to make halal meatballs.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You guys cut it our right now. This is a serious discussion. (cough)

Sometimes it baffles me how an obscure story gets press, then the spin doctors have to get involved and discredit the original story....somehow thinking that they are more credible. I really just don't get it. I for one, ALWAYS believe American explanations. Especially when it's 'TWO, (not just one) Senior (not junior, or peon level) Defense Officials. Does anyone even know what the HELL a 'Defense Official' is? Is that Defense DePARTMENT? Or just like X's on a map or something?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

U.SYou KNOW that Swedes are notorious. Not only for chocolate, nice watches and bikini teams

LMAO - Don't know which is funnier. The sarcasm in this thread or the fact that you confuse swedes with the swiss. Swedes invented safety matches, the pace maker and volvo ( the safest car in the world for a long while). Not chocolate and watches but I guess that little fact only ads to the ridiculousness of the allegations.

S&F for being very amusing on so many levels

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by IAmD1

hehe. Even one as wise as myself has ignorance that is perhaps boundless. You mean the Swiss and the Swedes aren't the same? I thought that guy selling Swedish francs was talking about money. They were good though. They make the best brauts. Thanks for breaking down innacurate stereotypes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Reply to post by IAmD1

hehe. Even one as wise as myself has ignorance that is perhaps boundless. You mean the Swiss and the Swedes aren't the same? I thought that guy selling Swedish francs was talking about money. They were good though. They make the best brauts. Thanks for breaking down innacurate stereotypes.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I'm glad to be of service! Although I almost regret it now. I might have gotten a few more laughs out of this particular stereotype

Hey - someone sold you swedish franc's are those furter's because that would be even more hillarious. Didn't your moma tell you to not buy foreign wurst of strangers (hehe I ment from strangers. But well don't buy 'wurst of strangers' either). I'm crying from laughing soo hard. (Internally and quietly to myself ofcourse. The other people around might lock me up in the loney bin else wise

[edit on 9/9/2009 by IAmD1]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Officials of the Swedish Committee for Afghanistan, which operates the hospital, said Monday that soldiers stormed the facility last week, breaking down doors, and tying up staff and visitors.

Tying up staff?? They're looking for TALIBAN cave dwelling terrorists, and they tie up Swedish nurses working in the hospital?

Do these look like Taliban terrorists?

on second, thought, maybe I'd tie them up too... maybe give them a little spanking. Oh yeah you were a dirty girl weren't you. No no, it's okay, I won't hurt you....

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by frankensence

Alright, Frankenberry.

Although I appreciate the mental and visual embellishments....I'm sure the extended role-playing would be better in private, special 'frankentime.'

You were just prefacing your REAL contribution, right?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
cant...type...with...one hand....

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

You're probably a hillbilly redneck if you confuse the Swizz with the Swedes

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Skittle]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
reply to post by KSPigpen

You're probably a hillbilly redneck if you confuse the Swizz with the Swedes

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Skittle]

Wow. I appreciate YOUR intelligent contribution. You're probably mistaken if you think your attempt at antagonization will be successful. My neck IS red, as is my blood. I have lived on hills, but my name is not Bill. Your superior intellect is wasted on me, my friend.

The 'Swizz?' Is that another nation involved in this that I wasn't aware of?

Do you have any pertinent comments?

new topics

top topics

join