It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones apologizes for "hoax"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
People who didn't hear about it last time Charlie mentioned it will hear it for the first time now.

If even 10% latch on to it its a victory. Then they tell family and friends and so on. Listen 50% of Americans already want a new investigation.

Can you help me understand how a make-believe interview, presented as real, will help convert the uninitiated into considering the claims of the "9/11 Truth Movement?"

I personally find it very hard to believe any person who is in possession of reason, would believe such a thing would happen, much less believe such a stunt will result in an actual interview with the most powerful politician in the world.

Please help me understand your rationale.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

And yes, i feel Bin Laden was behind the attacks, but i also feel that our government KNEW it was going to happen, and allowed it so they could push an agenda they were waiting to push

haha LIHOP that is so 2006. Bin Laden was a scapegoat... i can't even be bothered trying to prove 9/11 wasn't orchestrated by Saudis with box cutters.

You are so behind the times I'll just refer you to the many 9/11 truth threads here at ats and you can present your arguments for LIHOP there and get dismantled by the other members.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thumb
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

There is still the issue that he felt this is "the biggest story of his career!"

I mean, considering the issues he talks about, Charlie Sheen, who is known as a drug user/playboy....Charlie Sheen is a joke! If anything, it makes AJ look like a **SNIP**, which only cares about making more money and hob knobbing with Hollywood.

To me, the idea of 9/11 being an inside job already takes a sketchy view to the sheeple, and hoaxing toward that, in any fashion hurts the movement more than helps it. Not to mention an actor who is more popular for the women he bangs, than his actual work? AJ can take is apology and shove it right up his star maps tourist ass!

sorry mods.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Crakeur]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Thumb]

Sorry to insult you here, but, you calling Charlie Sheen a joke ( you know, someone who has made something of his life, has a viable career, is respected among his peers and politicians alike) is the real joke. So, you're pissed that he has had more women in his life than you will ever be able to imagine? Are you upset that he's made accomplishments that you haven't touched?

Its easy to down someone when no one really knows who you are or what you've done to better things...isn't it?

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

I have NO clue what LIHOP is, but thank you. You've illustrated beautifully how "truthers" look down their noses at ANYBODY who doesn't believe EXACTLY as they do. That's why i think you guys are the disinfo agents if anybody is, with the objective to shout nonsense over anybody with half a brain, and perpetuate pure fantasy BS to discredit anybody who questions the official story. You're doing good work here Beefcake, i'm sure they will reward you, somehow.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school

People who didn't hear about it last time Charlie mentioned it will hear it for the first time now.

If even 10% latch on to it its a victory. Then they tell family and friends and so on. Listen 50% of Americans already want a new investigation.

Can you help me understand how a make-believe interview, presented as real, will help convert the uninitiated into considering the claims of the "9/11 Truth Movement?"

I personally find it very hard to believe any person who is in possession of reason, would believe such a thing would happen, much less believe such a stunt will result in an actual interview with the most powerful politician in the world.

Please help me understand your rationale.

It was wrong on his site for 1hr and 30 minutes and was corrected by himself it wasn't corrected by anyone else and was exposed thus causing him to change it. AJ changed it himself.

He then did a 4 hour show about how it was fictional And Charlie Sheen said it was fictional.

It wasn't a Hoax. You can believe it was. Just like some believe Nibiru is coming but comes down to believeing AJ story about the servers an dif you don't then you don't i can't help that.

I don't believe it was a Hoax it is also no longer labeled as a Hoax so considering that i understand why you are confused?

ATS jumped the gun calling it a Hoax because of suspicion and then changed it and rightly so you can't indite someone on suspicion. I commend them for that much.

Edit: for the guy that doesn't know what what LIHOP is it mean Let it happen on Purpose you really should research 9/11 maybe your views will change.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of the little boy that cried wolf,

What happens next???

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I have NO clue what LIHOP is, but thank you.

Let It Happen On Purpose
It's an exceptionally valid conspiracy theory, that is actually very-broadly considered in many circles, including that of journalists. Unfortunately, since the theory (on it's own) contains no super-sexy bombs-in-the-buildings or exotic weaponry or grand-scale conspiracies involving thousands of people, the "9/11 Truth" crowd tends to denigrate those who mention it.

You've illustrated beautifully how "truthers" look down their noses at ANYBODY who doesn't believe EXACTLY as they do. That's why i think you guys are the disinfo agents if anybody is,

Another valid aspect of 9/11-related conspiracies wherein agents provocateur of disinformation infiltrated "9/11 Truth" with outlandish theories and angry rhetoric so as to discredit the entire movement. There have been tidbits of tantalizing discoveries related to this theory, but no definitive evidence.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

It was wrong on his site for 1hr and 30 minutes and was corrected by himself it wasn't corrected by anyone else and was exposed thus causing him to change it. AJ changed it himself.

It's still wrong now.

The imaginary conversation is promoted throughout the Jones Web Site universe with large colorful banners that read: "20 Minute With The President," not "Open Letter To The President." The eventual disclaimer is far too small, and the editorial style of the mythical interview is dishonest.

There continues to be very clear intent to deceive.

ATS jumped the gun calling it a Hoax because of suspicion and rightly so you can't indite someone on suspicion. I commend them for that much.

As far as I can see, and based on my previous experience with hoaxes on this site, it easily qualified as a Hoax.
(1) Posted as a factual event
(2) It turned out not to be a factual event
(3) The originators are being illusive about it
(4) It's still being promoted as factual

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Im new here so take it easy. I was completley letdown/annoyed by AJ's stupid announcment. Not for nothing, but Charlie Sheen in pretty irrelevent in the hollywood community. When Heidi and Spencer were guests on the show i was like what the hell is Alex doing having these two dummies on? Whos next, Screech? I know he's hurt because of the comments being taken down on prisonplanet. Poor guy. Stop scraping the bottom of the celebrity barrel dude.

KC

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mister.old.school

It was all blown out of proportion to a point where people, saying that they listen to Alex started saying he is dis info and an agent for Illuminati and the whole reaction was disproportionate.

You can continue to hold your beliefs but ATs has changed it because AJ gave an excuse and whether you believe it or not is irrelevant.

It will just go down like all the other things taht people dislike Alex for whether its fear mongering whether they like Bill Cooper. Even if they don't even think 9/11 was suspicions and these threads got all of them.

We will just have to disagree i don't think it was a hoax i think it was a mistake and the reason i do is because it was corrected so quickly and the correction wasn't prompted by investigation but by himself.

Just my opinion and that's all the story is based on opinion. you can say it isn't but it is and that is why ATS changed it because there is no actual proof of malicious intent.

Charlie Sheen said today on the show the reason he wanted the disclaimer at the bottom was because if people saw it at the top people wouldn't read it he is right.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

NO beef cake you dont get it.. YO BEEFCAKE!

How is a theoretical interview that never happened a MAJOR STORY ...THE BIGGEST of Alex Jones Carree.

For that matter why have so many forgotten Ed Brown?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

For that matter why have so many forgotten Ed Brown?

You have reached the BEEF

Ed and elaine brown story really upsets me. What is tha saddest part is that they are screwed They got convicted on everything under the sun.

Ed Brown was an activist before this incident and the amount he owed to the IRS criminals was like 63k. Imo he should have paid the ransom and continued to fight the new world order in other ways but now he is locked up and his poor wife is too an dthey will never get out.

New world order is a cruel group and the IRS are there attack dogs and you just can't fight them in today's climate unless everyone does it and there are too many cowards to make it a group boycott.

I feel the worst for Elaine. I would never have done what he did they were very wealthy they could have paid the Ransom and lived to fight another day.

Who knows its is just a very sad situation all around

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

But what of my question about the BIG IMPACTING MAJOR STORY of a theortical interview that would shake the foundations of tyranny?

Where was that? When did it happen?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

But what of my question about the BIG IMPACTING MAJOR STORY of a theortical interview that would shake the foundations of tyranny?

Where was that? When did it happen?

Reuters: The Alex Jones Show Letter to the president by Charlie Sheen

AUSTIN, Texas, Sept. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- According to syndicated talk show host Alex Jones, actor and television star Charlie Sheen has publicly requested a meeting with President Barack Obama to urge him to reopen the official investigation into 9/11; in light of the fact that the majority of the 9/11 Commission members have now publicly gone on record to express their conviction that the government agreed to lie about the official story. Sheen will appear live on The Alex Jones Show on Wednesday and Friday to discuss the content of his "20 Minutes With The President" piece and how he plans to move forward with this exciting new initiative. You can listen free here or subscribe to prison planet.tv to watch live streaming video.

Reuters baby doesn't get much bigger than that. So your point exactly?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
After listening to the show today and hearing Watson and Nemo on the phone I would actually say that their explanation of what happened is believable.

I don't know how many of you are used to using web editors for html - but it is very possible if they did simply paste a document into one and relied on it to create the the html that the html tag for the image of his signaure could have been screwed up which prevented the rest of the content after it from being displayed.

As to whether they could not get the server to upload the change due to high traffic, that is at least possible - after all it is very obvious the site was hit very hard in the first hour due to the hype.

I guess what I'm saying is it is at least a reasonable enough explanation and I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Reuters? A press release from Reuters? Thats it?

No storming the streets, no news on Nightline, No fox news coverage by Hannity, No Good Morning America Buzz but a retures press release.....

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Reuters? A press release from Reuters? Thats it?

No storming the streets, no news on Nightline, No fox news coverage by Hannity, No Good Morning America Buzz but a retures press release.....

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are a troll so i won't be responding to you after this. Reuters is a credible organization in the mainstream. I can't help that you like Morning News shows and Sean Hannity i don't get my news from them and most people i know are at work when the morning shows are on so they don't either.

I was under the impression that when Good Morning America isn't having the staff outside talking to people with posters they are telling you the weather then they go inside and cook something with a chef and THEN have 10 minutes of news.

So for watching those shows for your info you fail.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
i cant believe the fanatic and devout loyalty of the AJ fan club, are you that blind that you cant see you got played. what the hell is wrong with you people. you got scammed get over it, learn and move on. your not as smart as you thought so what nobody is as smart as they think they are. is this about pride ego? even the excuse he gives is garbage if as he say there was too much traffic to amend the article(and it has been proven by other posters that it is highly unlikely) why not have the correct version put on there in the first place. i mean the whole transcript was obviously prepared beforehand and they knew it wasnt real so why did they have to wait till after it was posted. YOU GOT SCAMMED.......let it sink in, think about it, let it percolate through what little common sense you have left. follow this fool to you your own demise.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Dude, you rally need to get your bearings cause you are truly grasping at straws to sustain a delusion.

That Reuters link you keep posting all over ATS threads is NOT an article, it's NOT a story, it's a re-print of a press release. It says PR/Newswire for christ's sakes.
Read the bottom of it (how ironic). The source is AJ himself.

I'm actually trying to help you out here beefcake, but you are so emotionally attached to this man that it's now actually getting rather creepy.

[edit on 9 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I've got a principle not to respond to posts that don't know how to use capital letters at the right places, but there's something you said that bothers me: "i cant believe the fanatic and devout loyalty of the AJ fan club." What Alex Jones fan club? I've seen very few people on ATS try to defend him. The majority of people on ATS in the past couple of days seems to be doing nothing but bashing him and trying to dismiss everything he says. If anything, I'll be listening to Alex Jones more because of all the crap I've seen spewed at him recently.

I'm hoping SO gets in contact with Alex Jones soon so this can all be straightened out. All this Alex Jones hate taking over ATS while people ignore more important matters is extremely irritating.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join