It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones apologizes for "hoax"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I have been reluctant to post on this issue because I believe we can all get caught up in the hype sometimes. Just look at half of the threads created on this site that are supposedly (MIND BLOWING, OUT OF THIS WORLD, WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING). I think that people can over-react on certain issues sometimes depending on how they are feeling at the moment, and yes I am talking about Alex, but I am also talking about all of the hateful quick draw types out there who started throwing this guy around by the neck as soon as he fudged. Many people in here just jumped on the "hate Jones" bandwagon without even trying to give the guy a chance nor time to explain his actions. I too was disappointed in what happened, but history has taught me that everyone screws up badly every now and then, even our god like leaders. Alex Jones is in the red right now with his audience, so this may be his only chance to redeem himself. In my opinion, his reputation is tarnished, but if he could land himself a story that could put a stop to the politics as we know it, he may be able to redeem himself(in my opinion). Im not going to be like a lot of these immature keyboard killers in here and on his blog calling him everything they can think of, I am going to be a little more reserved on this.
So Jones, do what you got to do man, cause right now, its not looking too good for you.

-sidenote- Jones screwed up once, and the public is on him like white on rice trying to put the blade to his throat.

If only people were this vicious towards Obama and Bush, neither of the two would have made it past day 3.

Get off the squirrels nuts please.
Thats all I have to say about that.

Jones has screwed up more than once. Another huge screw up that I just became aware of a few months ago, after listening to Bill Cooper, was Jone's Y2K broadcast. I listened to a few segments of that broadcast, and it was filled with lies and fearmongering.

Alex Jones has a history of fearmongering.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Separately, a few other blogs were up in arms about Sheen’s letter being a “hoax” because the disclaimer clarifying that the meeting with Obama was a stylized fictional account and not a real event did not get added to the bottom of the article until a little later due to technical snafus and a bombardment of traffic that shut down servers and locked out Infowars and Prison Planet webmasters.

Ha what a bull# excuse. The notice that it was all fake should have been there in the first place. And a site getting bombarded with traffic isn't going to lock out webmasters, unless these webmasters are completely clueless.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by griftin]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Something doesn't "ring true" with the apology/acknowledgement.

Wow, well said SO. I agree

Someone with as much "internet popularity" as Alex Jones would be prepared for the amount of traffic expected with such claims. Im sure ATS, being the number one conspiracy site is also prepared for such events.

Well spotted chief

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Again, Coast to Coast is almost mainstream in its approach to the subjects it takes on, this kind of behavior would be expected of them. They are a nationally syndicated radio show, with many high profile guests appearing on their show, ratings are key. Yeah they sold out, but they still spread truth, if you can weed it out of the lies.

I think shows like Coast to coast and Glenn Beck are the most damaging because they reel in the truth movement with one show then have 5 shows talking about al queda, Osama bin laden or Iran's nuclear program.

Apparently George Noory said last night he was disappointed in Alex yadaya so he must have read the Hoax story on ATS yet for bigfoot he must have neglected it because he did 4 shows on it despite ats exposing the hoax on like the 2nd day.

I will also say that i think Alex gets the bigger guests than coast to coast does. Charlie Sheen, Jesse Ventura and Willie Nelson regularly. Ron Paul Regularly AJ even got a Rothschild on. the last celebrity i remember Coast to Coast getting was friggin Jenniffer Love Hewitt talking about the ghost whisperer. Sure Hewitt is good looking but seriously.

In the end who cares haters will hate ATS made a mountain out of a molehill and lost in all of this is the highest paid TV actor in the number one tv comedy is a full hardcore 9/11 truther even after his success the past 3 year and is getting the word out to people who don't even know about it. Its a shame really.

Edit
To the guy that said:

Jones has screwed up more than once. Another huge screw up that I just became aware of a few months ago, after listening to Bill Cooper, was Jone's Y2K broadcast. I listened to a few segments of that broadcast, and it was filled with lies and fearmongering. Alex Jones has a history of fearmongering.

Bill Cooper Fear mongered about y2k also what is your point. Was Bill Cooper disinfo? Bill Cooper was killed because he pulled a gun on cops he wasn't assassinated or suicided.

It was also 10 years ago AJ was like 24. At 24 most people don't even move out of their moms basements much less have radio shows. I'm sure when this site started it wasn't a well oiled machine and plenty of mistakes were made.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Dude, what are you exactly trying to achieve here?

You called SO and ATS staff liars, you say we're all jealous haters ...

Hey I don't blame you one bit for never coming back here.

I know I couldn't live with myself if I felt this personally wronged and still stayed ...

Christ, we get it, you're not a happy fella.

Sheesh.

[edit on 9 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yes George said he was extremely dissapointed, said Alex was damaging his reputation and the 9/11 truthers reputation. Personally I think George has a right to be angry. He has had AJ on numerous times and helped to put AJ's name out there for millions of more people.
As far as the bigfoot hoax story, I dont remember Noory ever coming out and saying he 100 percent believed it to be true. In fact he had Loren Coleman on early and they pretty muched called it a hoax.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Dude, what are you exactly trying to achieve here?

You called SO and ATS staff liars, you say we're all jealous haters ...

Hey I don't blame you one bit for never coming back here.

I know I couldn't live with myself if I felt this personally wronged and still stayed ...

I'm here because i am countering the venom spewed by the haters even if i'm a lone voice in the wilderness so be it. All i know is it is no longer flagged as a Hoax.

I like other admin i just so happen to be pu off my Skeptic Overlord he is the only one who commented in the thread about my u2u and he is incharge so the buck stops with him.

In my mind this is over. Its a big 9/11 story it will it the mainstream and once again AJ has woken more people up and you and the other jealous atsers will continue not exposing anything and just armchair quarterbacking the people who put their necks out.

Just don't listen to Alex if he bothers you. I like this site and some admins i'm not even nearly about to leave what am i gonna do let the poison that you spew go unanswered? You want people agreeing with you well i don't seek such approval i speak my mind sir.

Free speech ftw

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006

Yes George said he was extremely dissapointed, said Alex was damaging his reputation and the 9/11 truthers reputation. Personally I think George has a right to be angry. He has had AJ on numerous times and helped to put AJ's name out there for millions of more people.
As far as the bigfoot hoax story, I dont remember Noory ever coming out and saying he 100 percent believed it to be true. In fact he had Loren Coleman on early and they pretty muched called it a hoax.

George Noory will have Alex back on and they will iron things out. George will then have a psychic on that is never right and never call that psychic out. then he will have the guy from Canada that started the protect big foot foundation on and will talk to him for 3 hours. the next day he will have Hoglund on and we will be told to buy Dark Mission 500 times. Coast to coast fails on numerous occasions.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
Just don't listen to Alex if he bothers you. I like this site and some admins i'm not even nearly about to leave what am i gonna do let the poison that you spew go unanswered? You want people agreeing with you well i don't seek such approval i speak my mind sir.

Free speech ftw

I believe S-dog was trying to get you to stop criticising the mods and SO, not to stop you from listening to Alex Jones. Like you said free speech

And you're right I wont ever listen to AJ again....you might, but thats your decision

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Alex Jones is not really someone we should be discussing. When we talk about issues that impact the World and over 6 Billion people. I really do not believe that Alex and Charlie Sheen should be our spokespeople.

Now either we're all paranoid and delusional, or there are some things going on that are not in the best interests of the General Populus.

But what, we need are coherent theories and reliable sources to gain credence for our 'quest for truth'.

'9.11 was an inside job, Charlie Sheen told me' .....yes the guy from Hotshots

They're not disinfo agents they're just not very good at what they do and the message we ( I ) want to portray - a wealth of reliable evidence from an alliance of like minded individuals that can be clearly shown to people that don,t frequent ATS Etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Its a big 9/11 story it will it the mainstream and once again AJ has woken more people up and you and the other jealous atsers will continue not exposing anything and just armchair quarterbacking the people who put their necks out.

A big 9/11 story? You, Beefcake, are confused. They are LAUGHING at Charlie Sheen in the MSM. Have you not read the stories they are running regarding Sheen's little fantasy interview? You must not have, or you have some kind of comprehension disorder. They are trashing him, talking about his drug addiction, his prostitute issues, and the icing on the cake now, that he is a "truther" and believes in wild conspiracy theories regarding 9/11. They aren't examining the issue with any kind of interest, they are bashing him and anybody who questions 9/11. THAT is what they are doing, like it or not.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I am just thankful I have never followed this guy and because of that I did not get wrapped up in this. I have been meaning to look into AJ, but after this I think I'm better off staying away.

Regardless if this is a sincere apology, I don't get how this faux interview is "big" news or any kind of revelation. AJ seems to be just like the rest of the sheep, being "star struck".

Likely results of this will be........

Charlie Sheen is not only a hooker loving (heidi fleiss customer), drug using pervert, but is also a 9/11 truther nutcase kook. I am not saying this, but the media will be.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Free speech is all yours Bc, perhaps you should consider using its marvelous potential by stopping repeating yourself over and over. Because at this point, having said the same thing dozens of times, it seems that you are more interested in drama than anything else.

So, I now have to repeat myself ... we get where you're coming from and and your list of objections and insults ... anything new to add to the mix or shall we all look forward to this diatribe for many days of the same?

[edit on 9 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
Charlie Sheen is not only a hooker loving (heidi fleiss customer), drug using pervert, but is also a 9/11 truther nutcase kook. I am not saying this, but the media will be.

They already are...

Sheen, who has been an adamant “9/11 Truther” for years, demands in his imagined meeting with Obama that the president answer what he calls a “bottomless warren of unanswered questions surrounding that day and its aftermath.”

Sheen is the former husband of actress Denise Richards, who alleged that he was addicted to gambling, prescription drugs and prostitutes. While Sheen has openly discussed his previous struggles with drugs, he has denied Richards’ allegations against him. Still, Richards used his beliefs about 9/11 as proof for a judge that he was “delusional.” She later sought and received a restraining order against him.
www.foxnews.com...

This is the mainstream attention that the Beefcake thinks is such a good thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The amazing thing about 9/11 truth is all a person has to do is hear about it then they get curious and look it up and that's it its over they get informed we win.

There are stats that show that at least 10% of people will buy a warranty if asked. I never buy them but hey 10% do, amazing its inconceivable to me.

If even 10% hear Charlie Sheen still talking about 9/11 and they are fans of his show and thought he had abandoned it. Now they see he hasn't and will be like "hey he is still talking about that? Maybe i'll look at it for nothing other than entertainment"

Then they see the evidence stands on its own and it does i hope that at least everyone in this thread agrees the official story is bogus.

People who didn't hear about it last time Charlie mentioned it will hear it for the first time now.

If even 10% latch on to it its a victory. Then they tell family and friends and so on. Listen 50% of Americans already want a new investigation.

This is truth man you can be negative or angry when it gets out but its getting out and the nwo is goin down.

Edit

This is the mainstream attention that the Beefcake thinks is such a good thing.

Oh come on you can say you hate AJ or whatever but now you are saying that Charlie Sheen is not good for 9/11 that is pure lame not even the AJ haters feel that way are you gonna say now that 9/11 was done by Bin Laden.

You fail miserably if you think the biggest star on tv sitcoms believing in 9/11 truth is bad for us because of his past. I guess Willie Nelson is bad too beacuse he smoked weed.

LAAAMME

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
We always knew Alex Jones was a fearmongerer and sensationlist and here is more proof, but having said that this will prick up some peoples ears so they pay attention how long for is another question.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The problem is that he is constantly contributing to the ridiculing and rubbishing of conspiracy theories by being very untrustworthy. Hes constantly exagerating and manipulating and fear mongering, even though he is right in a lot of cases he still manages to make a fool of himself. And I still havent forgiven him over the Peter Joseph interview. He is either a disinfo agent or just plain stupid, im leaning towards the latter.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by SpaceMonkeys]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

It was a hoax... Personally I wish that the three amigos had not bowed down to the Rabid Alex Jones fans that see Alex Jones in the same light as Obama Jesus Kennedy Christ.

I mean the Hoax tag need to be returned to the AJ announcement thread...

Aj apologized for the wrong he done... he knew he done wrong otherwise no need for an apology.

The story was super hyped.

Then presented as a real account as opposed to a fictional account which REALLY GOT FOLKS EVEN MORE HYPED!

Then in the midst of some server errors...(I swear AJs servers have more problems than Klan wedding in Kenya) Some how the poor overwhelmed admins of prison planet managed to correct their "Mistake" of false representation.

OK so now we accept them at face value..

Charlie Sheen having a theoretical interview with President Obama is the biggest news in Alex Jones career.

Bigger then Ed and Elain Brown

Bigger then Ron Paul running for President as a republican

BIGGER THEN TRINIDAD!

BIGGEST STORY EVER!!!- Was a theoretical interview that did not happen....

Thats not even news... thats just wishful thinking online.

AJ has earned the contempt of Truthseekers everywhere!

[edit on 9-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Oh come on you can say you hate AJ or whatever but now you are saying that Charlie Sheen is not good for 9/11 that is pure lame not even the AJ haters feel that way are you gonna say now that 9/11 was done by Bin Laden.

You fail miserably if you think the biggest star on tv sitcoms believing in 9/11 truth is bad for us because of his past. I guess Willie Nelson is bad too beacuse he smoked weed.

I never said i hated Alex Jones. I think he's a fake, but i don't hate him. You must be very young to deal with everything in "hate" and "like". And yes, i feel Bin Laden was behind the attacks, but i also feel that our government KNEW it was going to happen, and allowed it so they could push an agenda they were waiting to push. That's where the "truth" is, in my mind anyway. I see AJ and others as muddying the real truth with fantasy and sci-fi BS. The Bush admin could pull ALL THAT off while we all watched, but couldn't plant a few nukes or bio weapons in Iraq behind everybodys back? And no, i think Willie Nelson is a good man, BECAUSE he smokes weed (don't know why you would use the past tense).
The point is, the MSM and everybody who already believes the governments story on 9/11 will use this to further discredit those of us who seek the REAL truth.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

with all due respect, this can not be compared to Ron Paul dropping out of the race because, well, he didn't really drop out.
He ran as a republican and there can only be one republican name on the ballot... McCain was voted to be that man...
If he could have, Ron would have stayed the whole way through. No question.

I'm not really too upset about the whole Alex Jones thing. If anything, he only hurt himself.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join