It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones apologizes for "hoax"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Ask Jones about organised religion, the founding fathers, Knights Templar, the Vatican and UFOs - silences.

Yeah, I'm glad someone else around here is getting it. And the Vatican part of your comment is particularly true. The illuminati have a fascination with little boys, just like the Roman Catholic Church. There is so much evidence on all of this being controlled ultimately from Rome, tracing all the way back to the Constantine era.

His refusal to discuss this at all, and his labeling of anyone trying to discuss it as nutjobs leaves many of us with the conclusion that he has got to be controlled opposition- owned by them, and put there to be a carefully controlled outlet for dissenters. They control the masses with the MSM, lying by omission most of the time, and the rest with people like him. Giving us the illusion that we have a knight in shining armor carving a path of supposed truth back to the top.

When really what is happening is they use him as a second failsafe to distract those that would dare question the MSM, and dare question today's political priorities, from the real truths.

For example, lately the only thing we hear about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is how many of our people die each day from the MSM. This subtly reinforces the idea that we should be at war, because our soldiers got killed. They drill this home daily. I mean, forget the fact that there were no real WMD's to speak of, or the fact that Iraq had no ties to Al Queda, or even the fact that Osama Bin Laden STILL has not been indicted for the supposed crimes of 9./11. And forget the fact that Obama got into office on his promise to end the wars.

Nope, forget all that. War is profitable for the few, and deadly to the rest. And they're going to keep it that way. Until war becomes deadly to them, that is.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm still of the opinion that this whole thing is rather ridiculous.
For those who are crying about "truther credibility", pleaaaaaaase.
AJ's little scheme may have fooled a few, and consequentially scarred a few egos...But I still fail to see what the big deal is. A bunch of people who haven't been exposed to much of what we all have probably checked out the story and may have even learned something. This whole thing with Sheen might be big enough to get something positive out of it. I wouldn't hold my breath, but we'll see what happens.

As for those attacking Sheen as well, it's just downright childish.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

He is an ultra conservative and will not dare criticise religion - especially Christianity.

And I recall when Alex Jones criticised David Icke for mentioning reptilians, even though Icke has spent many man hours (and years) travelling the world and researching his work. Jones just randomly chooses MSM articles to "back up" his claims.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Totally agree. Jones, IMO, is just there to babysit those who question the governments story and keep otherwise sane people lumped into the lunatic fringe. I believe they keep pushing the most outrageous theories, about explosives, missiles, and holograms to drown out those who feel the government played a less direct role by intentionally allowing 9/11 to happen, despite several warnings that something was going down, one of the most direct coming from an FBI agent here in Phoenix. This is just another stunt to discredit himself, and anybody who questions the governments role.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I continue to EMAIL PRISON PLANET ----NO RESPONSE

I continue to try and get some response but to no avail.

They are acting like nothing is wrong and there is a LEGITIMATE EXCUSE for this.

Well they are Wrong. There are just too many PISSED OFF PEOPLE OVER THIS.

This is ludicrous! I am not interested in Charlie Sheen's fantasy meeting with Pres-Obama.

I don't care and Alex still hasn't explained why this was HUGE NEWS. AS it stands in my mind, he is a Liar.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The guy is a moron with an audiance. He thought this would be funny and gather him massive exposure and he was right. I bet he thought back to the Orson Wells War of The World and decided to do something along those lines.

Oh well, you guys enjoy reading his work and listening to him. I personally would rather have an X rated dream about Rachel Maddow or Nancy Grace.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
faux news report

www.foxnews.com...?test=faces

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think Alex Jones is trying to create a story by using Charlie Sheen as some momentum. I'm glad Charlie Sheen is doing this because whether it helps or hurts the 9/11 truth movement it can not go unannounced. Some people are calmly waiting to be spoonfed the truth by the media, and when they screw up, things will be bad, exactly as when Alex screwed up and people went after him.

Some words of wisdom:

Evil men lie
Good men can not lie

but

Good men can forgive
Evil men can not.

I'll forgive you Alex Jones. Hell, I've forgiven Ron Paul for dropping out of the race. I've forgiven Bush because he is just the puppet for the system, I've even forgiven David Rockefeller because I think he is too ignorant to comprehend what he is doing.

So why the SNIP not, I'll forgive Alex Jones for this.

peace

[Mod edit - Please don't evade the automatic censors. ]

[edit on 9/9/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In my own humble opinion, I see a very inteligent, articulate man. A man who claims to have BIG news, Hypes it up as good as any MSM marketing machine ever could for days pre broadcast. Posts a "taster" at 8am to wet everyones appertites, then it all turns out to be a hoax to get attention to supposidly get people to ask awkward questions to TPTB... I dont buy his explanation, I see it as a deliberate lie plain and simple. The only way to bring out the truth is to tell the truth, and with all of the hard facts we have at our disposal, we have more than enough evidence to present our case to the public. How do we do this though?

We do it by presenting facts to the MSM and bomarding them with them until they take notice. We do not quit speaking out, we get our big asses from behind our computers and start campaigning in the streets. We shout louder than everyone else until someone listens.

I do believe that people like Alex Jones are working with TPTB to distract real truth seekers with disinfo and just enough truth to keep us distracted, in fight, create factions within each other, making us ineffective and looking like lunatics. Its time we all started to sing on the same hymn sheet with each other. We can disagree with each other interpretations of evidence and facts, but rather than start slanging matches, we can do this with respect and ignore those who wish to take away inteligent debate, not letting TPTB to undermine us.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've been listening to Alex for a long time, I can't say I'm not very disappointed in him lately. He's actually got me believing in the seemingly real possibility that he might be an unwitting double agent (the kind that doesn't realize what they are doing to try to help is hurting the actual movement).

It is far too obvious that this was a staged event. In fact, the intro video they were showing the day before seems to correlate with something more like the interview without the disclaimer than with. They knew the impact something like this would have on people, and they spent supposedly over 200 hrs on this "project", yet they "forgot" to put the disclaimer on it in the ORIGINAL draft?!? I can't get my head around that supposed fact.

When you upload something to a server (any server), the file either gets there in its entirety, or it doesn't get there at all (minus a .part file here or there). There's simply no way to get 99.999% of the file delivered (uploaded), and cut off the disclaimer at the end with a service outage, and have an open-able file to post. If a service outage was the problem, the file would NOT have been there in any kind of way in which it could be opened (it would at least have to be a ".part" of a file). When the connection was reset, the file would finish uploading - in its entirety.

In other words - They left the disclaimer off the original...either knowingly or extremely neglectfully (after "200 hours of production and research").

I don't buy the server thing, and anyone with any amount of technical ability would probably tell you the same. The original DIDN'T have the disclaimer - something I find negates a major chunk of credibility and respect I once had for Alex Jones.

Alex,

I see obvious deception here, and I know you do too. I understand how tough it is, and how much the truth weighs on your heart...I really do. But I hope you're not losing touch man, as we'd all be losing a true pit fighter that any man would be honored to have beside him, protecting him. Take a break for a couple weeks. Get away from ALL of it - there's no shame in it. Take your family to Hawaii or something, and enjoy some of what we have left while you can. Do it for spite, if nothing else. Take it easy for a bit. I think you need a break, my friend. We'll be here when you get back.

It is all too apparent, that too much of a good thing turns it askew.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Alex Jones may have gone about this is a questionable way, but dammit, he is out there spreading the truth to more people than 90% of us could ever hope to reach. Is he right all the time? NO. Is he the most credible source? NO. But he is doing it, he is fighting, and that is ALL that freaking matters people.

(...)

This isn't a signal to stop fighting. This isn't the 'end' of the truth movement, and this certainly isn't going to effect our credibility at all? WHY? Because our credibility isn't based on fantasy and storytelling, or making things up as they come, it is based on cold, hard, facts - something that the populace will one day be unable to deny.

That is all I have to say. Have fun destroying one of the very few rally points that people like us have.

The problem is, your "rallying point" is a clown, a tool and an unwitting agent.
He's just an immature egomaniac who wants success for himself, but behind him are handlers using him as a weapon to control and neutralize the conspiracy-inclined community.

In fact the Jones-hoax (he is a hoax in himself) is so effective that unless you have some points of comparison it might be hard to see through his fakery.

I like comparing Jones to William Cooper for that purpose.

Cooper used to check his facts, instead of relying on something being published in a mainstream source to present it as "documented" like Jones does. In fact Cooper did more than checking his facts, he had created and used to run a private intelligence agency for the purpose of bringing out facts to the public.

Cooper was willing to give his life for the liberty of his countrymen, and he indeed nearly got done in before he spread his documents far and wide as a move to protect himself.

Cooper didn't fear-monger, didn't make bull# up. Jones is customary of this misdeed as Cooper himself has proven : look for "cooper exposes alex jones" on youtube.

Cooper was a genuine scholar in symbology and freemasonic/occult lore, whereas Jones is just a tabloid-level journalist.. err sorry, "propagandist".

Everything you credit Jones with you should give credit for to his handlers. It is his handlers who give Jones the broadcasting power he has. Jones is just a teenager with high testosterone levels but low melatonin ones (the pineal gland hormone of sleep and meditation). He's a wrestler without brains. A bull.

You can't hate a bull, it would be childish. He's just a tool, a boxer who didnt get a conscience yet. Stallone is smarter than Jones (not that Stallone isn't smart, he is a compulsive reader and he wrote Rocky I).

And... sorry to break it, but Jones is a wimp. He shouts and barks like little dogs do, but if faced with a real threat what do you think he does?

He is a sad joke, sad because successful, he is a psy-op being operated on the conspi-community and the mainstream community.

If he releases good material it is bad because it gives him credibility. If he releases bad material it is bad also because it decredibilizes the conspiracy-community.

His only value as I see it is in introducing people to the topic. Fakes, charlatans are great popularizers. Virtually no one can jump from mainstream brainwashing to hardcore conspiracy-research. You gotta have "passers", people who serve you a bunch of lies amidst appealing truths. These fakes, these con-artists are deceptive but they do reach a larger audience than purer, truer truth-bearers could.

These fakes serve as guardians too, most people get caught up in their nets and never access the higher realms. These fakes are Cerberuses (the hound who guards hell). They (or at least their handlers) believe they are useful to the dark side in preventing the public from getting to the truth but in the grand scheme of things they serve the greater good of the whole.

But you really gotta get deeply metaphysical to give credit to Mr Jones for his work

[edit on 9-9-2009 by quintal]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by quintal
Cooper did check his facts, he didn't rely on something being published in a mainstream source to present it as "documented".

I'm not sure how that makes sense? Please expound.

Peace

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Totally agree. Jones, IMO, is just there to babysit those who question the governments story and keep otherwise sane people lumped into the lunatic fringe. I believe they keep pushing the most outrageous theories, about explosives, missiles, and holograms to drown out those who feel the government played a less direct role by intentionally allowing 9/11 to happen, despite several warnings that something was going down, one of the most direct coming from an FBI agent here in Phoenix. This is just another stunt to discredit himself, and anybody who questions the governments role.

I give that a star because I felt the same way, that Jones is making a mockery out of an issue that is extremely significant and important to a lot of people.

The same reason I have never been able to stomach John Lear and his 9/11 "theories"...because I always felt in the back of my mind that the guy was purposely pushing forward ridiculous and unbelievably outlandish claims in order to undermine the credibility of those who were seriously trying to get the to the truth.

What better way to discredit a cause and frighten away skeptics than to preach absurd theories such as holograms and the like. May as well have blamed it on Gremlins or Bigfoot.

Im not lumping Alex Jones into the same boat with Lear or David Icke and the reptiles, but I will say that he didn't do the 9/11 Truth cause any favors yesterday by perpetrating a bunch of baseless nonsense.

I somewhat forgive the guy because I realize he probably just wanted to bring attention to the issue, but I have serious issues with the way he went about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

The disclaimer would have been part of the original code for the site had it been intended to be added from the beginning and thusly wouldn't have been affected by these "technical difficulties" AJ is claiming. Geee some people are soo gulliable.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Cooper did check his facts, he didn't rely on something being published in a mainstream source to present it as "documented".

I'm not sure how that makes sense? Please expound.

Peace

Jones claims his show is "100% documented" but in effect he routinely presents as facts what has merely been published in a respected news media.
That's not fact-checking. And worse, that's implying that what the mainstream media and the official sources publish is factual and credible.
Also, it is a parasitic role whereas his should be a producing role : he should produce information not exploit the news of others.
This last Sheen piece is typical of what news Jones produces. His videos are another example : Jones driving around bullhorning parliament buildings and "infiltrating" the bohemian club. There is no research, just collection from other sources and teenager-level acts and stunts.

Compare to the outstanding level of the late william cooper's research.

I'm using the opportunity of this reply to link to an old piece called "Jarhead Jones". Its original website has been taken down not too long ago and it can only be found as copies on the web currently.
This is one : anti-cointelpro.blogspot.com...
And another one i just made : quintaldo.wordpress.com...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by quintal]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I just got a broadband connection and I could not access their website during that time period. It was if a DOS attack hit them. They should have known the site was going to be bombarded. Mistakes happen with regard to underestimating network traffic. I have seen Microsoft's Xbox servers come to a crawl before overloading. Their scenario is possible and it has happened even to the most well funded of companies who have some serious networking hardware.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This has upset the AJ haters i understand that because most of you love to think he is a disinfo.

The Hoax arguement is based on assumptions that was all. If you dislike AJ like Skeptic Overlord does then you think the worst. If you like AJ like i do you don't assume the worst.

This is about perception and you can't convict someone based on perception. The people who say he is dis info because he doesn't talk about Aliens make me laugh.

George Noory has some the the worst dis info on his show and they talk about Aliens.

If there was no posting issue with the Charlie Sheen letter the same people in thi sthread who HATE AJ would just be saying "Charlie Sheen who cares Sheen is from hollywood he is obviously illuminati"

You guys are a joke. First mistake somebody makes and you throw them under the bus.

Pathetic and i'm glad i don't know any of you in real life.

I'm glad it was changed but Skeptic Overlord is still saying he doesn't buy it well i don't care what you buy you can't destroy somebodies chracter because you don't believe them.

Personally i think the mass u2u you sent was done to destroy AJ not to inform other sites like you said so i say YOU LIED about why you sent the U2U about this and hardley ever send them.

YOU skeptic Overlord are disingenuous about the u2u but i can't PROVE it so i have to let it go and you should do the same about Alex.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

He claimed the site got hit before the article was even fully posted in so many words. That is pure hogwash to anyone who knows anything about building and maintaining a website.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Jones claims his show is "100% documented" but in effect he routinely presents as facts what has merely been published in a respected news media.
That's not fact-checking. And worse, that's implying that what the mainstream media and the official sources publish is factual and credible.
Also, it is a parasitic role whereas his should be a producing role : he should produce information not exploit the news of others....

You were actually making a great argument until you reached the bolded. Your logic is completely illogical. You can add all the adjectival digs like "parasitic" you want, but to the neutral observer your argument is flawed and obviously biased.

Peace

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Reads more like excuses than an opology. I'm still willing to listen to his personal opoplogy, but this is not enough to change my opinion right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join