It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones apologizes for "hoax"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

www.prisonplanet.com

Separately, a few other blogs were up in arms about Sheen’s letter being a “hoax” because the disclaimer clarifying that the meeting with Obama was a stylized fictional account and not a real event did not get added to the bottom of the article until a little later due to technical snafus and a bombardment of traffic that shut down servers and locked out Infowars and Prison Planet webmasters. With the Infowars version having been copied across from Prison Planet, both original versions did not contain the disclaimer until the error was brought to our attention and promptly fixed as soon
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
He claims that it was because the server was down that they couldn't fix it in time. The server was being slow, but whether or not they intended to do this we can debate about...so regardless of whether or not he intended to do it, I'm impressed they offered the apology, however the comment sections are now being turned off, and I wonder if this is because all of the hate streaming in on the site. This kind of reminds me of the time that Ron Paul announced he would be dropping out of the race, the dissapointment towards Alex Jones was about the same towards Ron Paul. If the good guys let us down we are really on our owns. I'll be tuning in to see what comes of all this. I still think he is being overly optimistic about this whole "20 minute interview" but we'll see.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Clearly the government knew they could sabotage Alex Jones by slowing his server to a crawl. It was all a setup by TPTB to make him look bad!

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancient_wisdom

His 'apology' is buried about as deep into the article as the 'disclaimer' was that he finally got around to embedding in the original piece.

Schmuck.(Jones, that is)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The "hoax?" tag has been removed from the one thread, and both have been removed from the Hoax forum, and back to the 9/11 forum.

I'm still working on getting in touch with Alex directly (I have the direct line to his booking agent).

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
There we go. It is all settled now.

Now that I have my explanation, I take this back:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e0c8d408b45.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think that people should let bygones be bygones and forget about this one. In the end it will hopefully accomplish much more than a couple of hurt egos.

However, I have no doubt that this topic will soon be filled with absolute hate for one of the few men spearheading a movement we stand for here on ATS, but I suppose that is only going to continue happening.

I mean, jeeze, unity is the REAL hoax am I right?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Umm.... but it was a hoax and is still a hoax.... why would it be not be labeled a HOAX?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

There is still the issue that he felt this is "the biggest story of his career!"

I mean, considering the issues he talks about, Charlie Sheen, who is known as a drug user/playboy....Charlie Sheen is a joke! If anything, it makes AJ look like a **SNIP**, which only cares about making more money and hob knobbing with Hollywood.

To me, the idea of 9/11 being an inside job already takes a sketchy view to the sheeple, and hoaxing toward that, in any fashion hurts the movement more than helps it. Not to mention an actor who is more popular for the women he bangs, than his actual work? AJ can take is apology and shove it right up his star maps tourist ass!

sorry mods.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Crakeur]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Thumb]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

spear heading by hoaxing? Man, that is some good logic right there. His hoax is why people think you, me and everyone who posts here is a nut job. Wake up!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Separately, a few other blogs were up in arms about Sheen’s letter being a “hoax” because the disclaimer clarifying that the meeting with Obama was a stylized fictional account and not a real event did not get added to the bottom of the article until a little later due to technical snafus and a bombardment of traffic that shut down servers and locked out Infowars and Prison Planet webmasters.
(OP source)

Sure, why not ... a web page that was written and prepared before the show started couldn't be disclaimed properly because of the traffic generated after the show started.
I would have gone with "the NWO ate my homework" excuse but what do I know.

I couldn't help but notice that the ad for his movie was in the middle of this page too ...

This is spam and unethical marketing 101, generate your own drama to create traffic and chalk it up to a "snafu." If you believe this one you might as well do yourself a favor and implant your own chip and lie down and wait in a FEMA coffin because at this juncture you'll believe just about anything.

AJ might be crazy but he's obviously not stupid, he generated huge traffic for his site and attention for himself with a nothing story. Hell, the "snafu" became a bigger story that anything else. I have to hand it to him though, he sure knows how to play his peeps for his own interest.

Live and learn eh? (or maybe not)

[edit on 9 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What is everyone talking about? This disclaimer? He knew it was bull when he (with a straight face) said it was the biggest event ever in his career, the day before it was put up. So why not put the disclaimer on before you post? It was an obvious and deliberate joke, as is Alex Jones. Please stop listening to this clown, he is detracting from a topic that some here really care about. There is a lot of doubt about his true motives; this actually makes him look ridiculous. I have said on another post that he will come up with some excuse and here it comes.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
sorry makes no sense

just because web server is down doesn't mean you can't upload to FTP site and update web page.

doesn't work like that sorry.

even IF there is some dependancy in their infrastructure then could have temporarily closed the http port for a 3 seconds, upload the updated web page, then reopen the http port, amongst a host of other options.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Anyone aware of all the facts surrounding the controversy should quickly pick up on how this apology is an insulting pile of BS. I've explained it too many times to do it again but the 'mistake/traffic/webmaster' explanation doesn't make any good sense at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

It would be considered a hoax if he first said something like, "Obama will be on my show to announce to the world that 9/11 was indeed an inside job"

He did not do anything like that. Sure, he did say it would be the most important story he has broken. That was his opinion, and impossible to prove as a fact. It was a personal opinion. Everybody has their interpretation on what is important.

I do think he over hyped it, but that is just my opinion

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don't bye the apology. When that article broke on infowars at 8:00 am I was able to read it, and posted a comment within 10 mins, my comment was posted very simply as
"This is not real" and was easily in the top 25 comments on the site. While the rest of the comments were, "good job Charlie", or "Charlie your the man!" and on and on what a awesome thing Mr. Sheen has done. Well when I went back on infowars that afternoon(Tues) my post "This is not real" was taken off the comments section.

That is why I do not bye his apology, they knew exactly what they were doing when they put up this B.S on infowars

+37 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Something doesn't "ring true" with the apology/acknowledgement.

While I'm very pleased that Jones/InfoWars.com admitted the error and addressed the concerns of those who feel omitting the disclaimer was wrong, the reason (overloaded servers) seems unlikely.

When you perform a "trace route" on the InfoWars.com domain, you encounter their host, Lime Light Networks. I'm very familiar with that firm, as they've pitched our business more than once over the past two years. More specifically, the domain resolves to a "CDN" server - cdn-68-142-122-70.dal.llnw.net. CDN stands for Content Delivery Network, and you can read about Lime Light's here In short, it's the same type of service we use for all our images and video -- a dynamically scalable content delivery service that can tolerate massive amounts of traffic due to hundreds of servers all over the world.

So you can see... with a CDN, a "bombardment of traffic that shut down servers" is virtually impossible.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

Again, was it really not obvious to people that this was a Blair Witch Project?

There are so many intelligent people on here that are angry that they were supposedly bamboozled, and I cannot for the life of me understand why?

The final piece got soooo many people, hundreds of blogs, talking about the "hoax". In talking about the hoax what 9-11 truthers believe is being talked about again, and the fake interview with real information in it is read.

How is this a bad thing? Alex Jones, in a way, may have martyred himself for the greater good.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Your post, sir, is the reason I love ATS!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Where did Reverend Jones apologize for anything? That article wasn't written by him and granted my eyes are tired, but I failed to see him even quoted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join