It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion will be covered in Obama's plan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thanks for the education. I did not know.

Now that I do, I'm going to be sick.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Don't be, most states only pay for abortion when is in the extreme circumstances, like incest of very young girls, rape, possible health complications for the mother and fetuses that will never make it to full term do to extreme deformities in the womb.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It sounds like you want the government to make the choice as long as they agree with you. But you don't want the government to make the choice if they disagree with you.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Choice.

That is what I am for.

If someone is old enough to get pregnant it should be THEIR CHOICE to decide.

Something this important should NOT be decided by anyone else. It should be a LEGAL CHOICE made by the female. Not her neighbor or anyone else.

As I stated above - females will continue to get abortions - and it doesn't matter if you like it or not. They will find a way.

Should this Choice be SAFE? Do you think it is Right to go back to the dirty back rooms or Do-It-Yourself?

It doesn't matter if I believe in abortion or not. This is SUPPOSE to be a free country. Free country should mean Choice. Safe Choice.

I am NOT saying I condone ALL of the Healtcare Bill - I do NOT!

But I would rather have my tax dollars go to Safe Abortions than to provide Free Health care to all the Illegal's that now get better care than I can. Or all of the 3rd generation Welfare people that have no intentions of EVER working.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thanks, would hate to spend this am cleaning up my keyboard.

But this only enforces my point. Instead of medicaid/medicare funding abortions with extenuating issues this complete coverage would encompass everyone.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No. I would rather the government stayed out of it completely.

This goes to the much larger issue of government intervention in all aspects of our lives.

Look at us.

We're not debating about whether government should/should not be involved in this. We're debating on HOW MUCH they should be involved.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus

Why is this so hard for you to understand? When there are limited resources for an unlimited need, there will be rationing.

$0.01 Unlimited need? I dont know any unlimited need (maybe except playing Sins of a Solar Empire... aah must resist... ). Its not like you will be going to the doctors just for the hell of it, abusing the system.

$0.01 It should not be completely free, you should pay something here and there, but not more than 10$. Using is cheap, abusing may be costly.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mappam

Choice.

They should not have chosen to get pregnant in the first place.

Instead of all this money being spent (sigh, even current tax dollars) on abortion, shouldn't it be better spent on education? Moral teaching? I agree that it is the parents responsibility, but look at the situation we are in now.

We need to teach generations of adults as well as young people that it is wrong. We have been going down the wrong path for decades.

Deciding now, just compounds the moral vaccuum.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

reply to post by mappam

Choice.

Instead of all this money being spent (sigh, even current tax dollars) on abortion, shouldn't it be better spent on education? Moral teaching? I agree that it is the parents responsibility, but look at the situation we are in now.

We need to teach generations of adults as well as young people that it is wrong. We have been going down the wrong path for decades.

Deciding now, just compounds the moral vaccuum.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

I don't think that a young unwed mother CHOOSES to get pregnant in the first place. Or she would Not be thinking of abortion later.

All the education in the world will not solve the unwanted pregnancy.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Then, like it or not, you, too, are anti-abortion and pro-choice, as you advocate the individuals making the choice without government intervention.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

That's the thing about choice. Unless you have a time machine, it's not retroactive.

We need to teach generations of adults as well as young people that it is wrong.

Not everyone feels that way. People with FINE morals have had abortions. To many, it's the choice of one "bad" thing or the other. Some feel that bringing an unwanted child into the world is morally worse than having an abortion.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Then, like it or not, you, too, are anti-abortion and pro-choice, as you advocate the individuals making the choice without government intervention.

Nope. I don't think that being pro-choice is an educated side at all.

I agree with government staying out of the picture entirely. As they are too busy already, raising taxes and sleeping with interns.

I think the individual should be making the "choice" before getting pregnant. Making the "choice" afterwards is just compounding a bad decision on top of another.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

And it is their decision to make this child unwanted? How arrogant.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I don't think that a young unwed mother CHOOSES to get pregnant in the first place. Or she would Not be thinking of abortion later.

All the education in the world will not solve the unwanted pregnancy.

She does everytime she has unprotected sex.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I think the individual should be making the "choice" before getting pregnant. Making the "choice" afterwards is just compounding a bad decision on top of another.

Well by now it should be readily apparent that isn't working, and no amount of effort or whatever is going to change that fact.

So if not the government setting policy according to the wishes of the people, then who? The Church? You really wanna go there? Haven't you guys spent enough type flirting with theocracy over the last decade?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
abortion is something that every woman has the right to. for the people who oppose abortions.. i challenge you one question.

if your child was 12 years old and got pregnant, and their body was still growing and maturing anyways and would probably produce an unhealthy baby... would you want to see your 12 year old child endure all the pain of a VERY adult thing like pregnancy, only to have an unhealthy baby?

if you say yes.. to me that sounds incredibly irresponsible.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I think the individual should be making the "choice" before getting pregnant.

Well, welcome to fantasy land... Where people always choose to marry the right person and divorce is unheard of. Where birth control works 100% of the time. Where people always choose the right vocation and are never disenchanted with their jobs. Where 18-year-olds know exactly what they want to be and always make the right choice of majors.

I think the individual should make the choice before getting pregnant, too. But that's not reality. And no amount of education is going to abolish abortion. We are human. And imperfect.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Well by now it should be readily apparent that isn't working, and no amount of effort or whatever is going to change that fact.

So if not the government setting policy according to the wishes of the people, then who? The Church? You really wanna go there? Haven't you guys spent enough type flirting with theocracy over the last decade?

It isn't working because our educational system has been feeding this lie about abortion for decades.

And forget theocracy. It should be univeral, not religious teaching, position about human life.

The government is setting policy for a dumbed-down population that has been spoon-fed that abortion is ok, and is a -snort- human right.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What people tend to forget in this time and age in their pursue of who is right and who is wrong, is that abortion is as old as human kind, just because governments regulate abortion they can never regulate human nature, sex and reproduction and neither the perpetuation of the species.

Yes people "think" that it can be done but history tells a different story regardless.

If abortion was banned in the US like in other nations abortion will always find a way, is call black market and back ally.

Because as long as humans in this earth abortion will always be with us.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

She does everytime she has unprotected sex.

And every time she has protected sex. Protection doesn't always work.

And speaking of which, every time a boy or man has sex, he's also choosing to roll the dice. The girl could get pregnant and choose an abortion. He made his choice to put the life of his child in another person's hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join