It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debtors Revolt!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

No, physics won't come in handy in regards to running a successful business.
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Indeed. Well said. In a fractional reserve lending system, any credit supplied by a bank will equal inflation.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Precisely.
Oh well, perhaps some don't understand it.
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, take out a loan in hopes of return...
NEVER!!!!
If you do, you are doomed to fail.

Other than that, I have NO credit cards.
For online business I use prepaid debit cards.
They work.

And aside from that, I am sorry for hijacking the thread.
No, FJF, I am not on the "illegal" side of business. I just decline to discuss my personal affairs with you.
No offense.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by jfj123

Back on topic... it's not hard to see the very huge problems with our current banking system.

This I'll agree with.
When the banks F UP and they need to borrow OUR money from us then sit on it and make interest on OUR money and refuse to give us access to OUR money, something is seriously wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by jfj123

No, physics won't come in handy in regards to running a successful business.
2nd line.

Really? Not even when figuring out construction calculations?
hmmm. I should let all builders know they don't need to worry about it

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Oh, I see. You are a fool.
No, physics won't help you in construction.
Trigonometry will.

Unless you plan on teaching your builders how to walk. Or swing a hammer.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Precisely.
NEVER!!!!

They work.

No, FJF, I am not on the "illegal" side of business. I just decline to discuss my personal affairs with you.
No offense.

Those questions were hardly personal...come on !
As example, I have an S-Corp which shields my personal assets if something were to go wrong.
Of course I pay taxes and have all the proper numbers such as state tax ID, etc..
And I do pay an accountant but write up estimates and invoices myself.
See ! nothing personal there at all which again leads me to believe you enjoy an illegal cash only business for which you do not pay taxes. Thanks for forcing us to pay for your taxes !

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

If it is credit card debt they can't touch you in a court of law, credit card debt is unsecured debt, the only way they can get their money if you choose not to pay it is for you the debtor to file bankruptcy, then they are one of the last on the lists.

Doesn't matter, 200k in credit card debt a million, it's all unsecured there is no recourse for them to recoup their money other than to hope you file bankruptcy or pay them back.

Now secured loans is another situation, but credit cards that is the way it works.

Actually they do have a way to force you to pay. If you do not pay your credit cards and have a mortgage they will foreclose on your motgage or threaten to at least (been there) HOWEVER right now banks are hurting so this is not a tactic they will use.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Once again, I am not on the wrong side of the law.
I just don't wish to discuss these details with you.
You can take me at my word or not. I don't care.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Once again, I am not on the wrong side of the law.
I just don't wish to discuss these details with you.
You can take me at my word or not. I don't care.

They're hardly details and your lack of a VERY general response tells volumes

cash on the side. Got it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

No, at this point it is a little more than cash on the side.
However, I don't wish to get into those details as I have already given more info than I would have wished KNOWING that there are many here who know precisely where I am located.
And precisely what I do, if they do their homework.

There are reasons why I wish to keep this info quiet.
And they don't have anything to do with legal reasons.

Hell, look at my name and my signature. There is no doubt where I come from. A simple cursory glance at my posts will tell you PRECISELY where I come from if you only go back about three days.

Now that I have mentioned three things that I do to make money in this very thread, I don't wish to mention anything else about my personal life. Do I have a license, etc.

I would hope you understand this and PLEASE *STFU* about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Now here's the funny part. I have several credit cards and I NEVER signed any agreement for them

This is what we agree to when we get a card.

Again, this agreement is entered into in GOOD FAITH on both parts. Your part is that you agree to repay your credit card, "loan". Their part is to ALLOW you to repay that loan. By creating road blocks that prevent you from adhering to your part of the deal, they've broken that GOOD FAITH covenant entered into by both parties.

The really fun thing is if you modify the card agreement, stike what you don't like, and notate "By issuing the credit card and/or a line of credit agrees to all changes contained in this agreement." Keep a copy for yourself, of course.

Some catch it, some don't, but they are just as bound by the changes as you would be otherwise. I have one card where they can't change anything on it without giving me a year notice in advance, and I have the option of not accepting the change.

I ran this by a lawyer friend of mine, she started laughing, and said "Well, that does turn the tables, is as legal as their original offer, and not many people think of that." She's evidently been doing the same thing for years.

The thing that a lot of people don't seem to get is that 'agreements', and 'contracts' are negotiable... even with banks and credit card companies.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm in.

Perhaps THIS is the type of thread we should all be 'Digging'?

It is long past time we stopped just 'giving' our wealth away.

F-em.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

If it is credit card debt they can't touch you in a court of law, credit card debt is unsecured debt, the only way they can get their money if you choose not to pay it is for you the debtor to file bankruptcy, then they are one of the last on the lists.

Doesn't matter, 200k in credit card debt a million, it's all unsecured there is no recourse for them to recoup their money other than to hope you file bankruptcy or pay them back.

Now secured loans is another situation, but credit cards that is the way it works.

Even then, there's a limit on the time a collector can collect on it starting from the time it was sent to collections. They have to notify you within that time. I'd look it up, but I'm lazy.

There's also a statute of limitations in every state for the length of time a contract is binding for verbal and written contracts. That's why 'zombie debt collectors' are such a pain. My wife got a collection notice on an item 10 years old, she never agreed to, and a simply letter we call "Form FO" did the job of telling em what they could do with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Precisely.
NEVER!!!!

They work.

No offense.

Those questions were hardly personal...come on !
As example, I have an S-Corp which shields my personal assets if something were to go wrong.
Of course I pay taxes and have all the proper numbers such as state tax ID, etc..
And I do pay an accountant but write up estimates and invoices myself.
See ! nothing personal there at all which again leads me to believe you enjoy an illegal cash only business for which you do not pay taxes. Thanks for forcing us to pay for your taxes !

Charles Rangel and half of Obama's cabinet and probably countless other political elites and CEOs don't pay taxes...why should we? # em. I'm with the girl in the vid. F credit...it's all fake money that the government rapes us with taxes to pay off their elite buds with. Pull the plug on the bastards and watch them squirm. Don't pay your bills....don't pay taxes.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar

I guess you don't realize that some people can run their own business with minimal overhead costs covered out of their own pocket.

I do that (computer service.... freelance/consulting is better than saying "unemployed"), and if there are a lot of parts for a job, custom machine, etc... It's always "cost of parts up front".

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
booo hoooo hoooo!!! the banks are screwing me....yeah no duh...

Here's what I dont get....who the hell actually uses credit cards!???
Why isn't everyone a badass like me and throw cash down when you want to buy something...

You want something?....work, save, buy....done.

JEEEEEZUS, do I have to write a book called HOW TO NOT SUCK AT LIFE for all these cretins....

I had a bank of america credit card too...hadn't used it in like 2 years so they just closed it for me...good riddance...I mean, why would I use a credit card anyways?

Unfortunately for many, that's not the reality we live in.
Many people need credit cards for various things. As example, what happens if your furnace goes out in the middle of winter.... I know you're going to say you should have saved but if your wages were cut because of something known as a BAD ECONOMY, you might need to rely on a credit card.
I myself run a construction business and I don't have thousands laying around to pay for materials for jobs so I need to use a credit card until the invoice is paid.

What happens if your child gets sick and needs a lot of expensive medicine?

There are many reasons we need credit cards. That is the true REALITY.

No that is not the reality. Just do what the illegal aliens do at hospitals my friend. WAKE UP !!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If you are one of those people who have paid off your cards every month and rarely carry a balance....Watch Out.

This is what happened to me. I sent in a payment and the check was returned to me in a white envelope with an address label affixed. (The label was cheap and was peeling up on the edges). The check had been run through a machine as it had numbers imprinted on the back.

I called CC co and was told they never received check. I sent copy of check that was returned to me with imprinted numbers. I received another bill with late fees, interest, etc.

To make long story short, I sent in payments three times. Each time they kept saying they were not getting my letters or checks. I was mailing this directly at the post office every time...and even used 2 different post offices.

When I learned from an insider that sometimes they are told to shred checks. (esp. if they are not making any interest money on you).....I figured this must be what is happening. I had to go to the bank and wire the money to make this stop. I also wrote in big letters "final payment close account".

Do you know what Citi did in Argentina?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Actually they do have a way to force you to pay. If you do not pay your credit cards and have a mortgage they will foreclose on your motgage or threaten to at least (been there) HOWEVER right now banks are hurting so this is not a tactic they will use.

not true really.

if you have a mortgage the worse a credit card company can do is put a lien against the home. all this means is if you sell the home the lien holder gets paid first.

they cant forclose on yourr home as long as you make the payments. it doesnt matter if you owe the same bank for credit cards or other loans. it has nothing to do with that contract you signed for the mortgage for your home.

banks and collection agencies are very good at lying. they will impersonate police and lawyers and tell you your going to jail or people are coming to kick in the door and take your tv. its all total BS. They cant do a dam thing but they sure will try and intimidate you

If you're smart and dont sell, nothing happens. you have a lien against you, so what. and just like credit, its gone after 7 years from your credit rating.

If you own the home then your in trouble. They can seize assets like a car, home, even a checking account.

of course there is easy ways around that too.

Simply sell the car for $1 to your spouse or other family member. Make sure to have them take the title to the DMV and get plates transferred over so its official.

Take out a mortgage on the home, something small like a home improvement loan and use the same money to pay it back slowly (yes you get stuck paying interest but its tax deductable).

close out all checking and savings accounts. you dont need them really. buy money orders or have bills paid via directly from your paycheck.

people really have no idea how very little power credit card companys actually have. there isnt much they can do to you since its unsecuredd debt.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by admriker444]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

What speaks "volumes" is your belief that physics equates to construction methods.
I think you are speaking out of the 2-hole.
But that is just my opinion.
I still decline to comment on my personal affairs. In ANY, way shape or form aside from what I have already mentioned in this discussion.
Savvy?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join