It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noob Introduction: Mortimer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hello all, thought I'd follow standard procedure here and introduce myself. Been lurking on this site for some time and finally became a member yesterday. Always a couple good threads on here every day.

I live on a small piece of acreage in the Midwest. My family and I are in to self-sufficient living. No where NEAR 100% self-sufficient yet but we're getting there. We grow a huge vegetable garden each year, have a small fruit orchard, can our own veggies & fruit, and raise chickens for meat & eggs. Working on getting some turbine/solar power here one of these days.

Never considered myself much of a "conspiracy theorist" but I am certainly intrigued by those seeking the truth. I'm sure many of you feel the same way -- some of it's pretty far out there, some of it really makes you wonder . . .

I guess what finally got me plugged-in to ATS is the current state of affairs in our country. I've been a registered independent my entire life. I don't give a crap about Democrat/Republican I just vote for the person whose viewpoints most match mine, and whom I think will do us a fair job of upholding the Constitution. The two-party system is nothing but a reason to argue about policy and I refuse to buy into it.

Bush started the dash towards BIG GOVERNMENT and passed so many laws and created so many committees invading our privacy it's horrifying. Bush's excuse for slamming through new legislation were the 9/11 attacks. Now Obama is using our current recession to make the Fed even bigger, even more overpowering. A saying from the Oracle in the Matrix movies comes to mind: "What do all men with power want? More power." Why waste a good crisis?

What really caught my eye recently was the Alex Jones debacle. I'm not a huge AJ fan but I do find some of his topics pretty interesting, although it's mostly over-the-top nonsense. What went on yesterday was atrocious. I got all excited and it was a complete pile of BS. Couldn't listen to the show since Infowars.com was pretty much offline the entire time but I got the idea what went on loud & clear from the forums here. What a piece of trash.

Anyway, intro off, looking forward to participating in the forums here.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Is your real name Mortimer ?? if so, you rock.

you should look into monocles.

anyways, welcome to the site, I hope you brought a snow shovel, for digging through all the b.s.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If the Alex Jones debacle got you to take the plunge, then at least something good came out of it!

Welcome from another Midwestern member.
C'ya around.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
hello, wellcome and hi and stuff, so yea.....toodles

-bri-

new topics

top topics

join