It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: Iran Nearing Ability to Produce Atomic Bomb, Proposals 9:15 EDT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Breaking News:

VIENNA — The U.S. said on Wednesday that Iran was moving closer to being able to make atomic bombs by stockpiling enriched uranium

"Iran is now either very near or in possession already of sufficient low-enriched uranium to produce one nuclear weapon if the decision were made to further enrich it to weapons-grade ... (This) moves Iran closer to a dangerous and destabilizing possible breakout capacity," Davies said.

It's only a matter of time.

I leave you with this though.

Iran Conflict

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I think to myself.

And I can't help but wonder what kinda of cats in a bag would Iran being welcomed, insincerely into the Nuclear Warhead group be like...

I'm sure there would be very strange and hesitant looks, if not from only me!

There are tons of reasons, but their religious fanaticism scares me frankly.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Iran is submitting proposals to the world powers at 9:15 am. Anyone have any idea about this?

It's in the Foxnews Breaking News, but I can't find a link for it?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Iran is submitting proposals to the world powers at 9:15 am. Anyone have any idea about this?

It's in the Foxnews Breaking News, but I can't find a link for it?

I believe yesterday they announced they rejected the ultimatum for talks about their nuclear "weapons" program

news.bbc.co.uk...

Maybe they'll come with the biggest bluff and announce they already have the bomb so maybe the international coalition and IAEA would back off. And come with another NK kind off false detonation...Maybe they now want a ransom of......one hundred... million dollars

But the rejection of the ultimatum is in my eyes the tossing of a snowball rolling right into hell...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Last Updated: Saturday, 13 September, 2003, 15:32 GMT 16:32 UK

news.bbc.co.uk...
Your link above

Wow, 6 years old...

This is abit newer

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Last Updated: Saturday, 13 September, 2003, 15:32 GMT 16:32 UK

news.bbc.co.uk...
Your link above

Wow, 6 years old...

This is abit newer

Haha ok history repeats itself, but serious i saw it on the MSM yesterday here's another source, its Dutch but reliable

www.nos.nl...

It says Iran rejects the ultimatum for talks at the end of the month, but would cooperate in peacefull nuclear energy , and Ahmedinejad wants a public debate with BHO

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Well seems ahmadinejad has something to say to Obama, wonder if either side will listen.

Couldn't quite make out all the context, since translator isn't as personal as a personal translator...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
For a decade or more we've been hit with all the bogeyman scare stories about Nukes, Mini-Nukes, Micro-Nukes, Suitcase-Nukes, Nukes-so-small-they-can-fit-up-your-arse stories and....... we are all still here!

Israel bombed the Osirak plant in Iraq based on their irrefutable intel that Saddam had a secret nuclear weapons research facility hidden underneath it (well, they'd know all about hidden nuclear weapons plants), yet after the invasion it was proven false. Now they are playing the same game with Iran.
There is no evidence, only speculation, innuendo, oral accounts from un-named sources and highly questionable material items, such as the dodgy laptop!

If we were to have believed all the horror stories our leaders pound us with, to justify and guide their agendas, then surely we'd have all been nuked, caught smallpox / ebola, been poisoned by Anthrax / Ricin a long time ago....... but we haven't, have we? Doesn't that kinda make you stop and think about the sources of all these scare stories?

Once again, enriched Uranium is no indicator of a nuclear weapons programme, but does make good fuel rods for your power plant(s). Of course, our government, and any journalist just Googling for a couple of minutes, could tell you this, but they won't when it's there as just another scare piece.

I don't think I am going to be losing any sleep worrying about a nuclear armed Jihadi any time soon.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I get what your saying mate.

That's why I posted the last link in the Op that I did, did you give it a look?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Apologies, yes I did give it a look. I remember seeing that thread, and many others on this topic from waaaaaaay back.

It's all part of the ongoing political chess games for:

a. Control of resources
b. Global banking
c. Military Industrial Complex... gotta feed the beast
d. Israels dominance over the region

If there is no enemy then they have to manufacture one as peace would just not do at all. I mean, whoever made themselves rich from peace?

I can't help thinking that, at some point, a war against Iran is likley, based on the same old playbook they used to attack Iraq. The FED will just pony up the money (out of thin air) to loan the government to pay for the new war, which the American people and their unborn great garndchildren will still be paying for.
I just hope they don't think they have to create another 9/11 event to get people behind the idea.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

a war against Iran is likley,

I see it as inevitable!

I think that it would be ballsy to use another 9.11 to issue in another attack, not with Obama and all. It'd have to be something unprecidented.

Something, noone would see coming, something, that would be beautiful, when found out what it really was, it'd be small, but big enough to call for action... it'd have to be well planned out, well planned out.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Didn't we already go through this with Iraq? Are our memories really that short term?

Before it was Iraq is going to make the bomb, now they're saying Iran is going to make the bomb. Who's next after Iran?

Don't buy this garbage. There is something very out of the ordinary going on here on this planet. For starters, there is this involuntary random "snore" sound garbage that emanates from my nose every 2 seconds. After plugging my nose with tissue, it just emanates from my mouth, and of course caused by none other than an alien psychic or something very out of the ordinary.

But forget all that. Something is going on right under your nose. Why do we keep fighting countries for made up reasons? Don't you see a pattern that gets followed regardless of the president in office?

You don't notice anything out of the ordinary??

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Nah this is fake! Scare monger BS!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I would think the Israelis would attack Iran before the U.S.Then if Iran retaliates against U.S.forces or tries to block the flow of oil will give the U.S. an excuse to go to war.And if other countries attack Israel the U.S.may be dragged into war.

new topics

top topics

join