It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Nicholas Berg Executed by the CIA?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
orang...you act as an UTANG!!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
When there are plenty of 'head-hunters' already there in the Arab country?

www.nzherald.co.nz...

[Edited on 5/17/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm sorry- with all the available resources (esp. to the gov't) ANY movie (on the internet or not) could have been made by either a highschool student or anyone in the trade. Body doubles and body dummies have been common practice with EVERY government for many years. The video shown is so shoddy- sure, there might have been a "live" person in the beginning, but the video afterwards is VERY questionable. Right- there's "blood". But beyond that? A head held up by "captors". I have tapes of Halloween screams that sound like what was on that video.'ve seen "B" movies that would put that video to shame. This was all done to turn everyone's attention away from the prisoner abuse.

In as far as the gas prices go- Bush knows he's getting voted out of office- he has no reason to help the gas prices to come down. They're only going to escalate. Right around election time, the gas prices will drop- it has the appearance of making him look like a "hero". As far as I'm concerned- he can take his f@#$%ng gas prices and kiss my ever loving, lily white @$$!

BUSH FOR PRESIDENT (of IRAQ)!

Originally posted by Veldren
Ok, lets assuming the CIA is behind his murder. They would have done it only one of 3 ways. One is they made a dummy body, this would have to be better than any special effect you see in a holywood movie. Two, is they have a body already dead and cut its head off. Three is by far the least likely, they actually killed Nick Berg. I dont think any human being brought up in american soil with our values would be capible of such an act, let alone a large group of americans.

The second is the only likely act. Then again the audio is very distrubing, seems too realistic for a fake.

I just dont think the CIA would kill any human being in that way. No way.

I wish I never saw the video, I feel really sick, and I cant sleep or eat, whatever did this is not even an animal. Animals are above this.

Also to add more confusion, him being in our custody just before his murder is very suspicious. This act if done by the CIA would have involved many people, and if so someone will eventually come fourth with information.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I can look at the pictures and tell that it isn't a jumpsuit Nick is wearing. It looks kinda shiny too... there is no collar on the top at all.. just a V like slit in the shirt and the sleeves seem to be flared out at the bottom and elbow length. Thats not like any jumpsuit I've ever seen.

There is a yellow background when he is speaking and sitting in that chair. Of course yellow could be a fairly common color for walls over there... I didn't notice the floor though.

Did Nick understand the language ? Because if he did .. he sure is sitting there calm as a cucumber while they are reading and surely he knew what they were gonna do if he spoke the language. I noticed he moved his foot just a little while they were speaking... he is sitting abnormally still for someone in that situation ... I think

Also the person that I see doesn't really look like any pictures I've seen so far of Nick Berg. The person seems to be too thin but then people change over the course of a year or so. In the Pearl video you could clearly see that it was Pearl the features matched exactly... although I was curious about something I saw in the Pearl video... at a certain point it almost looked like a womans body with breasts... maybe it was just the light.

I wondered why there wasn't a spray of blood when his throat was cut. With his being agitated and heart beating fast at that point I assumed before I saw the video that everyone would be covered with blood. But then he was almost facing the floor when they first cut him so its possible the spray went onto the floor.

If it is a contrived video it sure did come out at just the right time to pull the light off the prison scandal. Which in my view is nothing really. Prisoners in prison here in the states probably are abused more by fellow prisoners. You gotta remember they are trying to pump info out of those people and terror tactics do have a way of making people talk. Remember that hundreds of Americans have been killed over there and maimed by those bombs and they don't seem to have the same regard for life as we do.. Getting as much information out of those they have in custody as quickly as they can is important to keeping the troops there safe... Which one of you wants to decide if we should strip em and humiliate em or have your son killed because the information these prisoners have might put a stop to some plan?

War is hell and personally I know from what my father told me of World War II that on a live battle field terrible things happen, cruel things even. I would imagine its hard to be a trained killer one minute and then suddenly change the very next instant into a rational person.

I believe the US government and more specifically the CIA are fully capable of putting something like this together and if it serves thier purpose and the political agenda they would do it in a heart beat. I agree with others that those murders all looked fat and sassy and fit.. they didn't seem to look like they were on the run or anything. The one who was very tall in particular. If Nick was with someone he trusted and traveling with them it could have been some other foriegners involved in dupping him into believing that he was safe.. That may be why he was so calm... but I honestly expected to see him moving more throughout the whole thing...

I would love to see the thing frame by frame

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well personally, I think the person in the orange suit was removed from the room about half way into the video, as there's a glitch - like the glitch in the Matrix movie, where the cat walks by the mirror again. He makes the same exact movement in the same exact manner, twice, separated by a few minutes of video time elapsed. Also, the sound of his death kicks in way before his body is hurled to the floor and his face never changes expression from the moment they lay hands on him until you can no longer see his face, because the picture is blurry. Then the camera refocuses on his side profile while he's being beheaded. His face changes shape like it was rubber during the beheading, and the facial features stretch like rubber. If you ask me, that guy is not dead. It was a staged killing. If indeed Al Queda did it, then they did it to give him cover and he's now hanging with them in some terrorist cell somewhere.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
i just watched the video again... did anyone else notice that the speaker at the beginning of the video is the person who is doing the beheading... but toward the end just as they are trying to pull his head off you still see the guy in the black mask cutting... but then when the head is picked up the tall guy in the white mask is hold ing the head and the knife ? as though he were the one who did it ? Looks like the video was spliced at some point... you don't see the guy in the black mask and the guy in the white mask change position or anything in video... hmmm Why would they even go to the trouble to edit a video like that ? Don't make sense...although just before that edit you do hear the voice in english saying "thy will be done" its so fluid it almost looks like the guy in the white mask was doing it ... but if you watch the speaker is the one that did the beheading... I find it strange that they would edit it at all... I mean why.. unless something was said or pictured that they didn't want pictured... I bet if the sound and picture is matched up the "thy will be done" comment is made by the guy in the white mask who is holding the head at the end... why did they let him take over and why splice the video though.. why not just show it full length... lol its not like they were trying to spare those who were watching from seeing anything gruesome... so why edit the film? The fact that it was edited and its clear that it was... makes me wonder about the whole thing.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I have that exact chair in my garden set... Maybe I executed him.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I know that their is a lot of discussion re: how the film was edited and the price editing suites cost etc. Ar ewe not forgetting the fact that al queda are funded by a multi millionaire and by various rogue states around teh world.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The garment Nick is wearing. Has it ever occured to anyone that he might possibly have been wearing that garment when he was captured ? I mean he is in a hot country and has been there for quit some time and the local dress would probably keep him from standing out in a crowd if he were traveling... also the beard ?

Its pretty clear from his communication with his parents that he didn't feel safe on the road to the airport in bagdad ... someone who is fearful might change out of thier american clothing while traveling. And they also might chose to travel with some trusted locals...

What was the exact day of the breaking story about the prison? Can we assume that Nick wasn't murdered until after that story broke because it was refered to by the murderers?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Has anyone really looked at the video? It is of poor quality and I have watched it over and over. Why would they have him sitting on the floor and then move him to a chair? The knock him from the chair to floor again, where he was moments before? Then cut off his head, and allow no blood to be pumped out by his heart. The final scene shows his head resting on his middle back. The greatest insult in that culture is to have his head resting on his crotch. Hmmmm.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChevyWhat was the exact day of the breaking story about the prison? Can we assume that Nick wasn't murdered until after that story broke because it was refered to by the murderers?

I believe it was April 28 that 60 Minutes aired the story and the photos.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Ok, after the recent development (english, americanized speak near the end of the audio track), does anyone still believe this was purely Al Qaeda's work? or no?

If no, I'd still like to hear why they would think so.

Just to repost a link provided in the ATSNN story, here

Also interesting to note, one of the supposed Al Qaeda terrorists was supposedly wearing a gold ring, apparently this is forbidden in Islam. Can someone verify this please?

* IMO - If the Berg execution was faked, or done by the CIA or whatever clandestine American agency you choose, it was probably done just to offset the effect of Abu Gharaib ('yeah, we did messed up stuff, but look what they do to our people!')

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
i've mentioned in several threads, almost every muslim I know wears gold jewelry, including rolexes, the muslim moon and star pendant, the allah and swords pendant and those types of rings with the large center stone. Some extremist do forbid gold, but brass is acceptable...whether the beheader is wearing brass or not, we can't know for sure.
but gold is not forbidden to the moderate muslim.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

as quoted by Cappa
Also interesting to note, one of the supposed Al Qaeda terrorists was supposedly wearing a gold ring, apparently this is forbidden in Islam. Can someone verify this please?

As worldwatcher has mentioned, along with a small minority have mentioned, and contrary to what a host of others are and have asserted, on gold wearing, is false. Gold wearing is permited and shown (pictures).
Here:
Nicholas Berg Timeline and Video analysis

and here:
Nick Berg and Zacarias Moussaoui Linked
(this thread, and I think another, provides pictures)

seekerof

[Edited on 20-5-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
[Edited on 22-5-2004 by Opus]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
As for the chair, hum think of it... Its misdirection, it was obvious use in the
scene on purpose, why to get all the conspiracy people talking back and forth, drawling all these sorts� parallels. The prison abuse, the execution all one big mind screw. Taking the public though highs and lows. You create the conspiracy you control it and its end results. In the end no one has the answer just a bunch of inconclusive theories with no real fundation. The public collective is quite easily manipulated. But Im preaching to the choir, sorry .

I just hope those responsible know what their doing and its for the greater good ... I hope

PAX

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
What if it wasn`t Berg on the video,what if nobody died there ?...
Don`t you watch movies? It`s very easy to make such a simple movie,
maybe that explains the English voices.
Berg was missing for months already so he might be dead and buried
somewhere in Irak long before the video.
The video has been released a few days after the Abu Graib abuse pictures had been made public,i think it was meant to distract the public opinion so that everybody says "oh you see,that`s what we are fighting,those evil terrorists";
that`s what some members of the congres/senate said after viewing the video.

Arabs don`t behead people like that,they
use a sword and do it with one blow only,
in the video they actually cut his head off.

PS:I POSTED A REPLY HERE YESTERDAY
WHICH HAS DISAPPEARED,THERE WAS
NOTHING WRONG IN IT,UNLESS
SOMEONE IS AFRAID OF THE CONTENTS

[Edited on 22-5-2004 by PAX]

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Forget my notion of Berg being alive . His body was returned to the states for the funeral .

PAX

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Coffins are sealed before being shipped back to the US.
It can`t be opened anymore;even if it was possible the bodies
would be too decomposed already to identify with the naked eye.

Even soldiers aren`t always returned.
There are much more casualties in this/any war.
Many soldiers don`t have anyone waiting for them in the US,no family or
anyone else who misses them so do you think they report them as missing
or killed in action/combat ?... Off course not !!!Nobody misses them...
A very good SEAL doesn`t have any family at all.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think everyone gives them ail kinda folks too much intelligence. They go around like a bunch of barbarians killing their own kind, I think just for the fun of it most of the time, and other times to escape the harsh world they live in (suicide bombers).

If they don't use their mind in that respect, then why would they stage anything with the US who they hate, or take on some lowly prisoner from the states who, no matter if he went around kissing their boot shoes, still would hate him. (Oh sure there are lots of Arab people in the states reading this and thinking it's not true. Haha, yea right, I'd like to see them living in that country and see who their leaders would be and how they get treated then.)

I doubt very much they would spare his life, and stage the killing when many of their own kind die every day by their own hand. It's only common sense.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join