It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Silentale safe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Silentale

The philosophy behind Silentale is simple: with the rise of social networks and mobile internet, the number of communication channels is exploding. Today, almost anybody can be reached through two or three email addresses, social platforms, instant messaging, micro-blogging, text and SMS. It becomes exhausting to try and follow all these fragmented conversations.

Silentale is a new way to keep track of who you know and the conversations you have, no matter how or where you communicate. Whether you start a conversation on email, continue on Twitter and finish with a SMS, Silentale automatically captures, stores and indexes all your messages, including the contact details and attachments. We provide a simple interface and tools for you to find, retrieve and manage this information, in your browser, on your desktop or your mobile.

What are your thoughts on this?

I believe that social media is a serious curse on those that are not particularly well versed in the things that we understand (not to say that we are right). If Silentale got into the wrong hands (if not already) then it means that the public have effectively ALLOWED governments to wire-tap us. Whilst Bush's wire-tapping was illegal, Silentale captures all of your conversations but you have agreed to allow it.

I would warn anyone against signing up to this.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Consider all of this social networking and how it can hurt people in light of what the US President Obama had to say on the matter:

Prior to his live Internet broadcast to students across the country earlier today, President Obama answered questions at a Virginia high school.

Asked by one student how he could become President someday, Obama issued a warning about Facebook. “I want everybody here to be careful about what you post on Facebook (Facebook), because in the YouTube (YouTube) age whatever you do, it will be pulled up again later somewhere in your life. That’s number one,” he said, according to Bloomberg.

Bloomberg

Good advice in my opinion. I personally think we should all get off of social networks. What ever happened to social interaction? Oh that's right ... it moved online.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
There's a whole slew of people (including me) out there who have a phobia for telephones. Online communities and networking have replaced this, for better and worse I guess.
I never talk to my friends via cellphone any longer - and why should I? I have them on MSN/Live Messenger and Facebook, and talk to them there every day.

It's the future, but that doesn't necessarily make it a GOOD future. It's probably easier to access by people who shouldn't, than wiretapping telephone conversations.

We really need to learn that sometimes it's worth the extra effort (get off networking sites) just to keep your privacy.

new topics

join