It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Skull that rewrites the History of Man!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

There are monkeys in S America, why didn't they evolve into apes?

We have dogs and cats, and all the other animal groups in N. America, and there were even woolly mammoth and horses at one time, why not apes.

Um, yes the land mass did bridge across the Bering Straight, and genetics shows this. There were in fact several migrations into the Americas.

The Alaskan Eskimo's language of Aleut is spoken on both sides of the Bering Straight, and the Straight itself is only a 100Km across, and there is an Island in the middle. It would have been very easy to cross by boat.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by El Davicho
Just one step closer to evidence that man originated in South America. The question is, were evidence of such a thing to come to light...would our scientists recognize, or even acknowledge it?

That's like saying, "One step closer to evidence that man originated on the moon." There's no evidence whatsoever that man originated in South America. The Caucasus Mountains are generally perceived to be a dividing line between Asia and Europe. So, that would actually be one step further away (geographically) from nonexistent evidence that man originated in South America. If you want to know how the human species has branched out, you need only conduct a study on human genetics. Based on DNA, you can tell when different populations last shared a common ancestor. with estimates of how and when those branches broke apart. These studies have been done many times and the data is available to anyone able to use google or drive to a library.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by RedDragon

There are monkeys in S America, why didn't they evolve into apes?

We have dogs and cats, and all the other animal groups in N. America, and there were even woolly mammoth and horses at one time, why not apes.

Um, yes the land mass did bridge across the Bering Straight, and genetics shows this. There were in fact several migrations into the Americas.

The Alaskan Eskimo's language of Aleut is spoken on both sides of the Bering Straight, and the Straight itself is only a 100Km across, and there is an Island in the middle. It would have been very easy to cross by boat.

Here's a vocabulary lesson - South American monkeys and African apes are no more or less "evolved" than each other or human beings. Each species has evolved in response to their environment and survived. The only test for successful evolution is survival. Apes lack a prehensile tale that can be used to grip onto branches or provide balance - this is a feature ONLY found in South American monkeys. In that sense, monkeys have an advantage. Human beings haven't evolved a third arm because one wasn't necessary for survival. SA monkeys didn't evolve larger brains because they didn't need them to survive.

Species being carried from one region to another by ships and subsequently dominating their new homes indicates that evolution has limitations based on chance, scarce resources, and geographic barriers. That's why customs officials are strict at the borders with regard to bringing in foreign plants and animals. The lack of apes in South America does not mean they could not thrive there.

By the way, there were no horses in North America until explorers brought them over on ships. I know of only a single group of wild horses living in North America right and people need to capture them every few months to trim their hooves. Without the rocks their species evolved to run on and wear down their hooves, they keep growing and the horses trip on them, often breaking their legs.

Mammoths didn't evolve in North America either - they traveled in herds that migrated in search of food. Human beings most likely followed them across the Bering Strait.

Just because human beings are smarter than any other species on this planet, that doesn't mean that we are inherently better. If I put you in a room buck naked with a wild panther, we'll see who walks out of there alive. Without our toys and teamwork, we're just hairless apes. Are there any other species that purposely starve themselves because they think they look too fat? Are there any species that question the purpose of being alive in the first place and so purposely fire projectiles into their own brains?

Intelligence has its drawbacks.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Perhaps they're resurrecting and sensationalizing this minor discovery in preparation for a more spectacular reveal in the near future. Maybe this is hype to get the masses energized and focused on our common humanity just before scientists make the monumental announcement that modern humans didn't come from Africa.

Oops!

But anything is possible.

— Doc Velocity

i never said it was minor, its just not major enough to need to change the over all theory of mans origins
these aren't modern humans! they are human ancestors who happen to have migrated sooner than previously thought, a meaningful find yes, but not as great as you think it is.
also, not one of the news sites says anything about anyone claiming that man didn't come from africa, at most the professor is talking about homo erectus, NOT homo sapien sapien(humans).
if you get the impression he is saying that this supports a non-OoA scenario, then i will be glad to tell you he's not, he's talking about an ancestor species.

strange that i've never seen any evidence for any real evidence outside the OoA theory. i honestly think you need to go learn how science is done before you come up with things like what you are claiming, its not how science works.
if people really have found evidence for something other than the current supported theory, they wouldn't hide it!
they would gain fame in scientific circles for overturning current theory.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
This goes to support a personal theory (no real proof) I have had for a long time.

then why do you believe it? you have no evidence your "theory" is true,why not accept something that does have evidence

I believe human civilization has been cyclic in nature for a long time.

What I mean is man develops, goes modern and destroys itself or is destroyed by nature/aliens.

sorry but this has never happened, people will advance along lines, such as going from hunter gatherer to pastoral or agricultural, but thats really as far as we drop.
no modern culture has gone back to primitive hunter, gatherer yet.

It explains things like atlantis, and finding what looks like a spark plug in a geode.

uh how does it explain atlantis, we have no evidence of atlantis to say this about.
oh yes.. Ooparts, well sorry to break it to you, but the spark plug in the geode is a natural occurrence, its well known that minerals will condense around an object and thats what happened to the spark plug.
by the way the spark plug was from a 1920's car.
barely 1% of things like that are unexplainable, the 99% are just natural or man-made

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

What you do with a friend that let's say beats you, does not depend on the circumstances. It's always "exile" from your group of friends/tribe. You meet him today, he beats you (or attempts to). He does not want to apologize or nothing. Same tomorrow. Well, you start avoiding him.

That was the tribe - a giant group of friends. People lived in camps - where they knew everybody, nobody knew the whole tribe. Sometimes they had great meetings where all the tribe came together.

Man is not inherently "fallen". Read Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. He explains better than me and indeed - you need an entire book to explain everything, to escape this preconception of our culture. Told to us from school - "you are flawed". No I am not.

Take a child and raise him somewhere in the slums of Bangladesh. Raise the same child in a Sioux tribe. Let him be raised by wolves in the forest. See what results you get. Will he be the same "flawed" human ? Or "perfect" ?
He will be molded by his environment. Still - the result his not him. You are not your thoughts or emotions. In the end he is "perfect". The society around him only influences his chance to know himself.

The Wise Man believes profoundly in silence - the sign of a perfect equilibrium. Silence is the absolute poise or balance of body, mind and spirit. The man who preserves his selfhood ever calm and unshaken by the storms of existence - not a leaf, as it were, astire on the tree, not a ripple upon the surface of the shinning pool - his, in the mind of the unlettered sage, is the ideal attitude and conduct of life. Silence is the cornerstone of character.

Ohiyesa (Charles Alexander Eastman) - Wahpeton Santee Sioux

"Knowledge was inherent in all things. The world was a library and its books were the stones, leaves, grass, brooks and the birds and animals that shared, alike with us, the storms and blessings of the earth. We learn to do what only the student of nature ever learns, and that is to feel beauty. We never rail at the storms, the furious winds, the biting frosts and snows. To do so intensifies human futility, so whatever comes we should adjust ourselves by more effort and energy if necessary, but without complaint. Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the Great Mystery, and the Indian reveled in being close the the Great Holiness."

-Chief Luther Standing Bear

Here's a thread of mine, about the book "Ishmael", has some quotes :
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What about the "tribe" ? And that skull that shows it ?
The tribe - is the best way to live for humans. It evolved over hundreds of thousand of years, humans always sought happiness, and the tribe is the end result of that search. It's something alive, that evolved, not something someone thought about - not something imposed. It's the perfect form, nothing was "artificial" about it.

Tribes form even today - childhood friends. If this slave society would not intervene - you would be living in a tribe with them today. The boss ? The chief of the tribe was not someone "stronger" who could beat others around. Not the "caveman".
He was someone who was respected. And kept his position by proving himself as courageous and smart. Not by threats. He was not a "formal" leader, the same way a leader in a group of friends - is not formal, and cannot give orders under threat.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

yeah, ok, here's a lesson, you aren't as smart as you think you are.

www.ponyclubvic.org.au...

No one knows where horses originated. Fossils show that during the Ice Age horses lived on every continent except Australia. Great herds wandered throughout North and South America. Then for some unknown reason, horses disappeared from the Western Hemisphere.

You understand exactly nothing about what I was saying.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This is fascinating news, i wonder why its not mainstream NEWS! "FIRSTTI

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This...Changes...EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i have proof to show my friends that Black people weren't the first people to exist.(Even though they threw that in my face for years) I always knew some other people existed before those in Africa but didn't have proof. Can't wait to read this in a text Book

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cormag
This...Changes...EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i have proof to show my friends that Black people weren't the first people to exist.(Even though they threw that in my face for years) I always knew some other people existed before those in Africa but didn't have proof. Can't wait to read this in a text Book

except the story isn't about humans its about an ancestor species thats a transition between two other species.

this doesn't really change much, just the time line for ancestor species and how they moved around the earth.
the first humans are still from africa, sorry.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
This goes to support a personal theory (no real proof) I have had for a long time.

then why do you believe it? you have no evidence your "theory" is true,why not accept something that does have evidence

I believe human civilization has been cyclic in nature for a long time.

What I mean is man develops, goes modern and destroys itself or is destroyed by nature/aliens.

sorry but this has never happened, people will advance along lines, such as going from hunter gatherer to pastoral or agricultural, but thats really as far as we drop.
no modern culture has gone back to primitive hunter, gatherer yet.

It explains things like atlantis, and finding what looks like a spark plug in a geode.

uh how does it explain atlantis, we have no evidence of atlantis to say this about.
oh yes.. Ooparts, well sorry to break it to you, but the spark plug in the geode is a natural occurrence, its well known that minerals will condense around an object and thats what happened to the spark plug.
by the way the spark plug was from a 1920's car.
barely 1% of things like that are unexplainable, the 99% are just natural or man-made

Wow, you really need to do a lot of research, OOPARTS are the reason this thread is no surprise to me, OOPARTS, in my humble opinion, PROVE that man has existed for millions of years and has progressed and regressed at least once, if not multiple times.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Modern culture (last 5.000 of years) is based on war economy, robbery, crime and protection of possessions and is by no means an intelligent development of human race. It is a degradation by all means.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Modern culture (last 5.000 of years) is based on war economy, robbery, crime and protection of possessions and is by no means an intelligent development of human race. It is a degradation by all means.

To an extent I agree with you, however I think, there has been just as much progression as regression, its just a shame the two camps are so divided about how to progress, of course this is all a result of the holding back of human potential, by the "New World Order", throughout history the common man has been subjected to tyranny and regression at the hands of his rulers, this is no different now, the establishments decides the status quo, and THATS A FACT!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

One of the five skulls is of a person who lost all his or her teeth during their lifetime but had still survived for many years despite being completely toothless. This suggests some kind of social organization based on mutual care, Professor Lordkipanidze said.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by silo13]

Wow! Think about it, even they had a social health care plan millions of years before the Americans. That is hilarious!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outlawstar

Wow, you really need to do a lot of research, OOPARTS are the reason this thread is no surprise to me, OOPARTS, in my humble opinion, PROVE that man has existed for millions of years and has progressed and regressed at least once, if not multiple times.

really? what "research" do i need to do? the axe head in coal? result of run off collecting around the head.
every item found in-cased in a rock? not really "rocks"
what Oopart have you seen that leads you to believe your claim? other than wishful thinking.
none of the ooparts show evidence that man has risen to modern levels and fallen, they aren't even evidence of anything really, other than say "wow stuff can do weird things when it comes in contact with water!"

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

I'm completely enjoying your posts.
I'm just sitting back sipping some tea and taking it all in.
I feel like I'm back in school, only this time I'm lovin it!

He was someone who was respected. And kept his position by proving himself as courageous and smart. Not by threats. He was not a "formal" leader, the same way a leader in a group of friends - is not formal, and cannot give orders under threat.

This reminds me of a book I read - I wish I could remember the name but it was when I was like 7.

In the book, the *warriors and clansmen* were ridding back into camp after a battle.

The Leader, did not ride in first, to take all the glory.

He rode in last to make sure no warrior was left behind, the gates were closed, all were safe.

He said goodbye to the dying and made sure his hurt were cared for.
He checked on his clansmen, wife and children, cared for his horse and made sure all were full before he took a bowl of food.
When he sat to rest and eat he did so with the old warriors - sharing with them the glory of the day, letting them live through him, taking their advice and hearing their words of encouragement, praise, or criticism.
All were content before he returned to his bed, a watch was set, and before he shut his eyes he thanked his Gods, then and only then shut his eyes.

Now that’s a leader.

To me.

I have a feeling, this skull lived in such a society.

peace

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
sounds like project bluebeam is started..

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by demongoat

Originally posted by Outlawstar

really? what "research" do i need to do? the axe head in coal? result of run off collecting around the head.
every item found in-cased in a rock? not really "rocks"
what Oopart have you seen that leads you to believe your claim? other than wishful thinking.
none of the ooparts show evidence that man has risen to modern levels and fallen, they aren't even evidence of anything really, other than say "wow stuff can do weird things when it comes in contact with water!"

You know what, I could link you to a 5 million year old mcdonalds cup and you still wouldint believe me, so I really wont bothe as I see youve already made your mind up about OOPARTS as evidenced by the last few lines in your post, so why would I even waste my time, howver thats not a cop-out, and if you want to address the situation less "matter of factly" Id be glad to present some evidence.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by demongoat

damn it!! why did you have to burst my bubble!?
I was so energetic after reading the post. Now i just feel..kinda of down...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Outlawstar

I've looked into several OOPARTs, many are fake or have been purposefully mis-represented.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join