It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-year-old girl has baby in stomach

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

One-year-old girl has baby in stomach

www.news.com.au

AMAZED doctors have found a one-year-old girl is carrying a baby in her stomach.

Little Kang Mengru, from China, left medics confused after her belly became grossly enlarged.

Doctors carried out a CT scan to discover the cause of the growth and found a foetus.

They believe the tot is her parasitic twin.

She is now waiting for an operation to have the foetus removed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
# Girl is carrying a baby in her stomach
# Doctors believe it's her parasitic twin
# Tiny baby will be removed

Wow, this is just crazy! How would the parent's feel. Has anyone heard of this happening before>? I don't think so. This happened in china, i wonder whats in their water lol. Thoughts people?

Cherry duck

P.S Picture in link

www.news.com.au

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Gross! I wonder if it is alive? I mean, if it was growing, one would assume it was.... Certainly the baby didnt come out that way!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This smells bogus, the stomach isn't exactly Club Med. It's an extremely volatile environment.

But the wording suggests that this baby is growing, and is alive. That's just not possible if its in the stomach.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
hmm well thier have been a few people who were found to have eten seeds, and actually had the plant growing in their stomach!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It's been discussed earlier today, no harm though

It's uncommon but it happens. Parasitic twins. Ugh.

Could you imagine.

I have a phobia of babies at that, I couldn't imagine one living inside of me, or dead! eek!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

Already posted here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Sun has proven to be unreliable I think.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
wtf that is carzy oO

false or not my head was like whooaa

mad

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
There was a story in some medical journal from the 19th century I was reading a while back that talked about some poor guy that had the head of his twin sister attached to the back of his head. It was unable to communicate or anything but was said to drool incessantly and always had a hateful scowl. Even worse, the poor guy claimed he could hear her thoughts in his mind and it was always evil stuff... he ended up killing himself as he could no longer stand her 'vile thoughts'. That one always gave me the willies man. I wonder if that's where Stephen King got his idea for The Dark Half from?
Parasitic tereta or something like that was the name for it, basicly a twin that got swallowed up during fetal development. To my understanding it is rare for recognizable features to develop like that, but happens alot more than people realize.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This has happend before, but alas I can't remember either where it happend or when. All I remember was that same feeling of "whoa" and then moving on...

Nasty thing to go through, it's fodder for a horrormovie writer hehe.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that this can actually happen (rarely) in the case of twins, but this particular case doesn't seem real to me. The story does make it sound like the foetus is growing, which is not possible, and even if it isn't growing, they would have noticed something that big on day 1 in the hospital. Either way, I don't buy it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I was going to point out The Dark Half too. Pretty neat book about this phenomenon. It's uncommon, but it's pretty well known about in the medical community.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I was thinking more of Basket Case or Total Recal. Maybe this parasitic twin will bring the Dalai Lama back to China!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherryDuck

# Girl is carrying a baby in her stomach
# Doctors believe it's her parasitic twin
# Tiny baby will be removed

Wow, this is just crazy! How would the parent's feel. Has anyone heard of this happening before>? I don't think so. This happened in china, i wonder whats in their water lol. Thoughts people?

Cherry duck

P.S Picture in link

www.news.com.au

It more common than think... Heck It's more common that I thought...
There was a recent dadteline ep where a woman had what her doctors thought was a tumor... that tumor turned out to have teeth and hair, then they went on to explain how often one baby will absorb a twin in the very early stages of development.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

That sounds completely crazy... I"ve heard of parasitic twins before but never like you described. If you can find a link to what you read or remember the actual journal let me know. I'd like to read that.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Sounds like something from the "Venture Brothers" (or maybe South Park).

hmm well thier have been a few people who were found to have eten seeds, and actually had the plant growing in their stomach!

I believe the last case like this involved a man who inhaled a seed and had it growing inside his lungs. Eating a seed would destroy it would pass through the bowels.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
That sounds completely crazy... I"ve heard of parasitic twins before but never like you described. If you can find a link to what you read or remember the actual journal let me know. I'd like to read that.

It wasn't online, it was a book and I can't remember the exact name of it but it was something like Medical Anamolies of the 19th century. I think the case was in London, but don't hold me to that. It was, hands down, the creepiest thing I've ever read in a medical publication.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Sounds like there are a few more cases like this, this is just one that I found, apparently its not too uncommon.

link to another one.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy

Originally posted by Estharik

It wasn't online, it was a book and I can't remember the exact name of it but it was something like Medical Anamolies of the 19th century. I think the case was in London, but don't hold me to that. It was, hands down, the creepiest thing I've ever read in a medical publication.

That's the story of Edward Mordrake. You can probably google him to find more info. As far as I'm concerned it's just a made up story...but they say it has some resemblance of other people that's been documented. You can find mention of him and others on a website called Thehumanmarvels.com.

EDIT: just dug around some....the book is called "Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine by George M. Gould and Walter L. Pyle

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Azuredrake]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Azuredrake

That's it, great digging!

Was a fascinating book and I wish I had held on to it. I used to have a pretty serious library, went through some really hard times several years back and had to get rid of about 1200-1500 books. I almost cried when I later found out how much the Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys and Bobsy Twins sets were worth lol. Had some first edition Kahil Gibrans, NCLC's and stuff that is pretty much irreplacable to me now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join