It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Post office plans to shut 413 offices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Post offices threat adds to US property woes

www.ft.com...

Post offices threat adds to US property woes

By Alan Rappeport in New York
Published: September 8 2009 03:19 | Last updated: September 8 2009 03:19
The possible closing of more than 400 post offices across the US in an effort to cut costs could further dent the struggling commercial property market as rising retail vacancies continue to weigh on prices.

The US postal service has said it is placing 413 of its 37,000 retail locations under review for “consolidation” as it faces a record loss of $6bn this year. The mail carrier has seen a dramatic drop in package volume because of cost-conscious Americans cutting back on sending in favour of cheap alternatives such as e-mail.

More at link

But consider it's 413 out of 37,000.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Dbriefed]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Thier was an article about our post offices few weeks ago, in my local paper..we have 2 post iffices. One the city wants to close, to save costs. We had 2 , becasue one poast office might not be able to handle the amount of people..the popele at my local one i use are SLOW and retarded...
Irononcally, one of our educational high schools was closed last week.. you could go theri to learn a course, no matter waht agee, they taught machine shop, carpentry, nursing ect closed now.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Sad times

I use to ignore all these pessimistic news thinking it doesn't effect the populated area where I live, but recently a library I use to go to since I was a kid just closed.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
More job losses. More people to compete with while trying to get a job flipping burgers. More homelessness. More starving Americans.

new topics

top topics

join