It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too late for Obama to turn it around?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This is an absolute amazing, amazing op-ed from a liberal (and someone who voted for Obama) that I think captures the mood of America...no, don't jump to conclusions, this op-ed is not at all kissing up to Obama...quite the contrary, it turns modern liberalism on its head, and rips Democratic leaders a new one. This article shows that many of our ideas are much closer than we realize, it's the extremes on both ends that are fueling the American divide.

www.salon.com...

From the article:

Why has the Democratic Party become so arrogantly detached from ordinary Americans? Though they claim to speak for the poor and dispossessed, Democrats have increasingly become the party of an upper-middle-class professional elite, top-heavy with journalists, academics and lawyers (one reason for the hypocritical absence of tort reform in the healthcare bills). Weirdly, given their worship of highly individualistic, secularized self-actualization, such professionals are as a whole amazingly credulous these days about big-government solutions to every social problem. They see no danger in expanding government authority and intrusive, wasteful bureaucracy. This is, I submit, a stunning turn away from the anti-authority and anti-establishment principles of authentic 1960s leftism.

Before you jump the gun and celebrate the GOP being unscaved...think again, read the article and proceed to its second page.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Now that's a rant.

Dishing it out left and right.

She makes some good points across the board.

What do you think about getting out of Afghanistan?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321What do you think about getting out of Afghanistan?

Well, I don't think they call it "the place empires go to die," for no reason, if you get my drift. I know we messed up in the Cold War by arming the Afghans then screwing them...I mean look at Charlie Wilson's efforts. I think the nation is too far gone, we've stirred up a hornets nest, and I think we have threatened the Saudi Arabian position in the region. I'm very shocked they haven't been hit with a revolution and kicked the U.S. military out of its holy lands. I guess the oil runs as clear as the blood...

join