It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public 'curious' to hear from Bush: promoter Former president brings talk to Edmonton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Public 'curious' to hear from Bush: promoter Former president brings talk to Edmonton

www.edmontonjournal.com

He invaded Iraq, sent troops into Afghanistan and once visited Calgary because, he said, "nobody else would have me."

Now, George W. Bush is coming to Edmonton.

The 43rd president of the United States will be in the city October 20 for a two-hour speaking engagement at the Shaw Conference Centre billed as "A Conversation with George W. Bush."

It's not so much a conversation as a performance, with the former president relating anecdotes and answering questions put to him by a moderator--CBC sportscaster Kelly Hrudey.

Bush--still vilified in the U. S. as one of the most unpopula
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
"nobody else would have me"

Gee I wonder why?

Was it protesters in Calgary or Toronto who did want you in there city.

Does he really think that it's going to be any different in Edmonton.

Personally I don't want him to come to my hometown and spread his lies about the war on terror.

Here is one of the comments from the article page:

bush supporter
September 08, 2009 - 4:57 PM

(If it weren't for Mr. Bush, the USA and Canada would be taken over by terrorists. See what they did to twin towers in New York? They are unafraid of losing limb or life. He had to respond where they understood. It is only from the stance that he took, that America never saw another act of terrorism in their country! I think he did good, and I admire his guts. Forget political correctness and say it like it is!)

Total sheeple comment right there

www.edmontonjournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/9/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I almost am speechless beyond the eye rolls. How, or who invited the weasel? Surely he's not just vacationing there?

S&F

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

I'll give him a few hours

It better not be a few days, otherwise I'm getting my hockey equipment out and putting it to good use.

As for the moron who invited him here, well I'm pretty sure he or she wants to remain quiet.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

Er, No hockey sticks!!! Did ya' know his boyz guarding him get to carry their guns everywhere.... I'm thinking about 2 dozen buddies with signs telling him to get his murderous butt out there

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Yeah a hockey stick wouldn't get me very far in crowd of guns

Guess I'll stick to peaceful protest, but on the bright side at least I'll still be able to use my goalie helmet for the riot police when they decide to kick us out of area surrounding the Shaw conference center.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm glad he is speaking. Many people vilify him and condemn him as a murderer, torturer, freedom taker, etc. etc., but yet he has never been convicted of any crime.

I thought people were innocent until proven guilty. Guess we can throw the constitution out on this one.

Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of things Bush did that I totally think was wrong. But I can only go by the things that are leaked or ran in the papers. I am pretty confident that these revelations don't tell the whole story.

The rest of the story is concealed under National Security. Kinda hard for Bush to defend himself when a lot is classified. Hopefully, now that he is not in office he will start telling(slipping up) on what really went down.

IMO, the more he speaks the greater the possibility he says something of interest. Isn't this alone a good reason to allow him to speak?

Obama will one day find himself in Bush shoes(really it is already happening) in which he will also be accused and find it hard to defend himself. I give Obama benefit of the doubt as well.

I leave it to the attorney general to decide who committed crimes and I hope that if there are, that he goes after anyone that had a role in it. That goes for any administration.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I'm sorry, I missed the point of the thread.

I read through the OP, apparently Bush is speaking at Edmonton, not one of my favorite cities no offense.

The only idea I can assume this thread was created, was, well to just trash talk Bush, and to criticize a former president.

No other point, something that individuals need not even do, because as a whole, most of everybody hates him, no need for continuous repitition.

I see this thread as if pointing out a ATS member, and just flaming him, and looking for S and F out of it, because, well, it's an easy thing to do.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The only thing I want to hear about Bush in the news is the following:

He's being arrested for war crimes.
He has been shot for his war crimes.
He's being convicted for his war crimes.
He's being hanged for his war crimes.

Other than that, I DON'T CARE.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Most of BigOil's threads deal with his local community. I don't think he was trying to do anything, but cover the local news there, like he does many times.

Bush isn't their X president. He's Our ex. I can see him bashing away as traffic, and general life will be interrupted to "fit" Bush's needs. Actually I don't like any Poli-ticks, and I don't blame anyone for not wanting them in any city.

I used to live in a town where the Clinton's frequented, and it was absolute hell trying to commute when they visited...... It made You feel like a serf.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Aw, I'm not aware of BigOil on the threads.

I think you meant in your line "I don't blame anyone for 'not' wanting them in their town".

But hey I live in driving distance of Bush's house.

And his ranch.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Yes, correct.... I meant not.

You live in Texas???

I was talking about Austin. The Clinton's always came into the area, and really screwed up traffic flow..

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Does he know I'm Canadian, guess not

Republican08:

This a "local" issue that I brought to the table because I felt that Bush influence is not welcome to some people, especially in Canada and other parts of the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Oil
Yeah a hockey stick wouldn't get me very far in crowd of guns

Besides, everyone knows the weapon of choice is shoes.

Not a fan, but I'll listen to what the guy has to say.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Oil

Does he know I'm Canadian, guess not

Republican08:

This a "local" issue that I brought to the table because I felt that Bush influence is not welcome to some people, especially in Canada and other parts of the world.

I'm canadian too, go figure, born in Calgary, but lived mostly in Texas, then lived in Ontario for A Bit, and back in Texas for now

I didn't know ATS was local only. But I find it weird that you say he isn't welcome, cause the article begged to differ.

It would seem plenty of people are happy to have him. Besides selling out the Calgary event at $400 a head, Bush attracted an audience of 6,000 in Toronto when he appeared with former president Bill Clinton in May.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I felt that Bush influence is "not welcome to some people", especially in Canada and other parts of the world.

There are a few people here and there that don't like the former president of the United States.

It would seem plenty of people are happy to have him. Besides selling out the Calgary event at $400 a head, Bush attracted an audience of 6,000 in Toronto when he appeared with former president Bill Clinton in May.

The media is trying to sell the idea of attending this event in support of Mr.Bush policies and viewpoints.

I didn't know ATS was local only

It's not local, however from time to time I see local issues pop up here. Simply because it's an international forum so that folks from other countries can see what issues are arising in other parts of the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

There are a few people here and there that don't like the former president of the United States.

Yay, myopia is alive and well!

The media is trying to sell the idea of attending this event in support of Mr.Bush policies and viewpoints.

The media sold both sides, and you chose one, and put it on here, They aren't trying to sell his policies, just trying to have a Q and A, showing his side of the story, as he gives a speech, that many seem, very willing to go to on their own. What he says has no value in determining the effects of anything to come.

Just people going to see what he has to say, I went to many sermons and speeches with people I disagreed with, just to see what they had to say. No harm done.

It's not local, however from time to time I see local issues pop up here. Simply because it's an international forum so that folks from other countries can see what issues are arising in other parts of the world.

I completely agree! It's just this thread seems to be locally based. No harm really I suppose.

We all like to see what's going on and where it's going on.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

The media sold both sides, and you chose one, and put it on here, They aren't trying to sell his policies, just trying to have a Q and A, showing his side of the story, as he gives a speech, that many seem, very willing to go to on their own. What he says has no value in determining the effects of anything to come. Just people going to see what he has to say, I went to many sermons and speeches with people I disagreed with, just to see what they had to say. No harm done.

Mr.Bush is entitled to his opinions just like the rest of us, but in my case I took one side to fast rather than both.

You got me there and pretty sure I get a U2U from the moderators about political decorum and manners or just get my account banned out of spite.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

You got me there and pretty sure I get a U2U from the moderators about political decorum and manners or just get my account banned out of spite

I doubt it, if that's the case, I'd of been gone my first day

I've pissed off so many people on here, it's ridiculous, and not even just to piss them off, just out of sheer opinion!

I hope you don't get banned
It takes alot to do that.

Trust me. I've lost 1,000's upon 1,000's of points I lost count after a while. Still not even close to a ban...

Although for posting such an off topic reply I may get deducted

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Nothing more than a dog and pony show. He'll sit there grinning like a loon and cracking jokes in between answering softball, pre-screened questions.

Wonder how much they are paying him for this little engagement too, and who is paying?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join