It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frelling Weird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Seen this on youtube maybe it fake, But it's so odd! So enjoy the alien invasion!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
No "maybe" on this one, it is 100% fake. Although I give the artist points for better than average tracking, the digital artifacts he tries to hide still come shining through even on youtube.

If this is not a ripped off clip from some student making a school project or a hobbyist noodle around making some effects tests, it is nothing more than a deliberate and foolish hoax. The sad thing is, if it was intentionally made (or stolen and cut up) as a hoax, the hoaxer definitely is getting his kicks seeing the video linked to ATS.

Say no to youtube. That advice will serve you well 99.999999% of the time. If your worried about missing the diamond in the rough on youtube, don't worry. There are enough people that can adequately pre-sort through the b.s. before it goes so far as to warrant a link on the world's busiest conspiracy website for sure.

In the mean time, I would encourage most to trust their gut. You don't have to be a cgi expert to know if it smells like crap, looks like crap that it probably is crap. Remember, most really good video evidence is nothing more than a piece of a puzzle that makes up a good case. If all you have is nothing more than a short video and no supporting evidence or public documentation then chances are it is a waste of time. Basically, if it fails your b.s. meter, well.....put your faith in your b.s. meter rather than the b.s. itself.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If that is real then Alf had one to many pints of the good stuff.

Not much else to say except for fake.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yer it probably is a fake, But very well done none the less. The footage was probably shot with a tripod which would eliminate any tracking issues, Then the camera movement was added in later with nuke or after effects. But a nice touch is the orb on the left, I wouldn't have thought to do that. Plus the odd shape I would have thought a revolve would have been easier but more predictable.

So a really cool fake or a really weird alien craft "nice work!"

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Very, very fake sorry to say. Cool vid though.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
No "maybe" on this one, it is 100% fake. Although I give the artist points for better than average tracking, the digital artifacts he tries to hide still come shining through even on youtube.

If this is not a ripped off clip from some student making a school project or a hobbyist noodle around making some effects tests, it is nothing more than a deliberate and foolish hoax. The sad thing is, if it was intentionally made (or stolen and cut up) as a hoax, the hoaxer definitely is getting his kicks seeing the video linked to ATS.

Say no to youtube. That advice will serve you well 99.999999% of the time. If your worried about missing the diamond in the rough on youtube, don't worry. There are enough people that can adequately pre-sort through the b.s. before it goes so far as to warrant a link on the world's busiest conspiracy website for sure.

In the mean time, I would encourage most to trust their gut. You don't have to be a cgi expert to know if it smells like crap, looks like crap that it probably is crap. Remember, most really good video evidence is nothing more than a piece of a puzzle that makes up a good case. If all you have is nothing more than a short video and no supporting evidence or public documentation then chances are it is a waste of time. Basically, if it fails your b.s. meter, well.....put your faith in your b.s. meter rather than the b.s. itself.

Well said. I agree with everyone here that this video is faked. It was nicely done though I suppose.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

I've noticed the after effects camera shake on a LOT of videos. That's one of the surest ways to tell it's a CGI. I'm not sure what it is about the camera shake, but I'm almost always able to see it as CGI when they use it.

I'd call this one a pretty poor use of it, honestly. It's a simple CGI object floating there without any real movement (other than the rotation), so adding in the "handheld shake" in order to make the video seem more real doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering how easy it would be to hold the camera steady in that situation. Made it even worse looking than it could have been.

Suppose it's kind of like intentionally blurring hoax pictures to kill detail. In either case, dead giveaway.

Thumbs up to the quick responders on this video! Reason actually wins sometimes around here, that gives me hope!

Edit: Guess it wasn't a new thread... Woops.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by EsSeeEye]

top topics

join