It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about an x prize for the first one to show up with a real ET?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My guess is that about 30 million dollars would get it done. Why doesn't the US govt. or the UN put up the money. Since it is "impossible" they would never have to pay out.*

(small print. also includes stick figure ETs or bot types not of human manufacture)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Because nobody needs a kick in the pants to find one and expose it. It's not something like a prize for the first one to fly around the world. Not a lot of people probably wanted to do that but I'm sure millions and millions would give up so much just to see an alien...You don't need a prize to get one out in the open.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
Because nobody needs a kick in the pants to find one and expose it. It's not something like a prize for the first one to fly around the world. Not a lot of people probably wanted to do that but I'm sure millions and millions would give up so much just to see an alien...You don't need a prize to get one out in the open.

Sure I can get it, what you are saying, and your reasoning. But even operating a beacon bot costs money. Things cost money, and people are entitled to compensation.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If someone could produce a real ET then they would be the most famous person that ever lived.

That beats 30 million any day in my book.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Um,... ya,... alive or dead?
Better make that real clear.
Probably would eliminate about half the contestants right there!
You know how much we like guns and blowing *stuff* up!
Great idea btw, except the killing part.
They might just decide our brand of recreation doesn't fly,
and zap us to bits with their Q31 Space Modulator!

Edit to better explain stuff.....

[edit on 9-9-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
If someone could produce a real ET then they would be the most famous person that ever lived.

That beats 30 million any day in my book.

Right. Got it. Like Tesla?

Never work W/O a contract. Or a guarantee. It's like spending your last dollar taking a girl out to the prom. Bad idea. Nothing for nothing.

Besides, what is the harm of an x prize? No advance money. No ET, no pay off.

ET=payoff=everybody happy.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Um,... ya,... alive or dead?
Better make that real clear.
Probably would eliminate about half the contestants right there!
You know how much we like guns and blowing *stuff* up!
Great idea btw, except the killing part.
They might decide we are just too dangerous to be allowed to
continue with our existence.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by dodadoom]

Better alive. But stop and think. Someone is paying some guy to look for signals from space. He has none. I guess now they can pay his surviving family members, his grandson, his great grandson, and so on to look for signals.

What about his cronies, friends, other relatives? Any signals? No problem!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
There ain't no ETs!!

Get over it. Move on. Just like there ain't no end of the world. There ain't no second coming. There ain't no Jewish Messiah. There ain't no gorgeous women in burkas. There ain't no good White rappers.

You people need to keep it real.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I am sure that would make ET want contact more... A 30 million dollar bounty for the first person to find one of them and expose them. Besides, wouldn't the ET be smart enough to know the exact point where they should reveal them selfs? Or should we do it? We can't even out how to stop killing each other.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
There ain't no ETs!!

Get over it. Move on. Just like there ain't no end of the world. There ain't no second coming. There ain't no Jewish Messiah. There ain't no gorgeous women in burkas. There ain't no good White rappers.

You people need to keep it real.

I like your cat icon, looks some like my cat, Rasta. Three months away from being twenty!

But if there are no ETs what would be the harm of offering a prize to produce one? It's not like someone was looking for advance money. No ET, no money.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
world governments would never pay for what they already know and want to keep hidden...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Even if the money were never paid out, it would still cost the person/organization offering it a fortune. They would have to set up an office to process claims. People would send in roadkill, or other dead animals, claiming they are dead ET, and the office would have to spend money proving the claims false. Offer enough $, and the "ETs" would come in by the truck load. There would then be the problem of storing the decaying carcasses- which would require lots of money and permits.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Well good luck catching one. If I had one I sure as heck wouldnt tell anyone or turn it over the govt that would just kill it and experiment on it. I would let it go back to its home! I dont care how much money you offer me. Howdo you know they dont have families who would miss them like us....Isnt it like kidnapping in a sense?!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I keep trying to tell you, and you refuse to listen.

I'm available and ready for what ever tests you want to perform. Only thing is...it's on YOR nickle.

my evidence

It seems rather plain...YOU ARE NOT READY

top topics

join