It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS out to get Alex Jones?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
All I have to say about Alex and his so called disclaimer mistake, never heard of a preview button.

Mod Edit: Link removed. Cheers -alien

[edit on 10-9-2009 by alien]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
One man has thrown many into a frenzy. Why are you people so emotionally attached to all of this? Does AJ care about your bills? Did he help pay for your childrens medical? Is he putting money in your pocket for their college tuition? Is he putting clothes on your back? Is he making sure you're safe at night?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I was just checking all this out and ran across this blog about the supposed interview and the "reality" Sheen actually may be formulating a real request to the Pres to open up the books once again about this 911 thing. Check it out.

"Sheen's request, says syndicated radio host Alex Jones—on whose program Sheen is scheduled to appear Wednesday and Friday—"takes the form of a letter to the President in the context of a fictional meeting between the two entitled '20 Minutes with the President,'" that Jones says he has published "exclusively" on his Web site."

www.usnews.com...

If this is true, it'll be interesting to see if he actually does get an interview, and if Obama actually does open up this can of worms. Now I haven't seen the interview or taken a look at the Jones website, and for all I know, the blog this came from could just be nothing, but what if it isn't?

If Charlie Sheen actually does see Obama and asks him to open up 911 for another review, then great going Sheen.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
I am a webmaster and I will point out that when that interview was posted AJ's web server was slammed immediately which caused a brief period of timeouts. It is possible that the disclaimer part of the article webpage was part of an "include". An include is a separate html or php file that could be used as a footer or menu or the like.

The purpose of includes is that you can change a single include and all pages on the site that have that include are changed in one move.

IMO it is possible that the article was uploaded, the server slammed and the footer changed and uploaded with a delay because of server slammage. In a court of law that would be enough of a defense as it is possible that the delay of the footer could of been unintentional and the result of the server timing out while the webmaster tried to upload the changes.

This is just a thought I wanted to shoot out there.

Exactly, I 100% agree with you here. There is NO PROOF that it was anything other then a mistake. Besides, who in there RIGHT MIND would have believed that interview was REAL!?!?!?!?!

Again, here is Alex's explanation which sounds COMPLETELY reasonable:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Did I hear right? that Alex reported today that he had received an inter-management memo from a "conspiricy based website" (a mole had sent it to him) ordering the attack of him and Sheen (or any kind of diversion) to quell any impact of what they had done....

if anyone that is not "in on it" ..... can read this ..... (I doubt they let anything out to very many that isnt approved)

does truth have no sanctuary?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
I am a webmaster and I will point out that when that interview was posted AJ's web server was slammed immediately which caused a brief period of timeouts. It is possible that the disclaimer part of the article webpage was part of an "include". An include is a separate html or php file that could be used as a footer or menu or the like...[edit for brevity].

IMO it is possible that the article was uploaded, the server slammed and the footer changed and uploaded with a delay because of server slammage.

Thanks for your contribution. It's interesting that Skeptic Overlord said he did some investigation and found that their servers were allegedly proof from disruption. He was, however, talking about the alleged server crash that (IIRC) stopped them noticing the missing upload. Or some such. The story has changed and tbh I haven't even followed it myself, only through reading posts here.

If I had time I'd find SO's post. It may well be on the thread I linked on the OP. A second opinon on SO's judgement would be interesting.

But, ultimately, it doesn't matter. The central issue here for me is, was ATS right to mobilise its membership, not on just this story which was "broken" here supposedly, but on any given issue pr cpmtrpversu pr stpru?

In this instance, it's been blown out of all proportion and brought out an ugly mob side to ATS.

In a court of law that would be enough of a defense as it is possible that the delay of the footer could of been unintentional and the result of the server timing out while the webmaster tried to upload the changes.

Thank you for reminding me of the phrase "kangaroo court", which is what we appear to have at ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Rich ... you are correct... ATS is infected ...
it is easy to see; especially after an event like this.

Everyone has their buy-out price I suppose.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
it's not the information in the faux interview that is being questioned, it's the way it was delivered.

Not the point of the thread. Off topic. Not germane. Out of the box. But do go on...

there is enough of a problem trying to get this information re-investigated, by credible people, that would be risking reputations and possibly their lives if they take this on.

Yes, with you so far...

remember, people that want this reopened are in a constant fight against being called "tin-hatters", or "conspirecy nuts", so i agree with the ATS staff that alex jones created more of a problem with his hoax interview, than the actual good that would have come from it.

And I have no problem with you thinking that, with the ATS staff thinking that. I agree with that statement myself.

But what we've had is a kangaroo court being convened at ATS and, partly to drive up site traffic, they attempted to mobilise the members. We are not allowed to use this site to organise that kind of action and for good reasons which to my mind have just been demonstrated.

Before all the facts were in, ATS admin leapt to the obvious conclusion that it was an intentional hoax and tried to capitalise on the fact that it had been discovered here.

There followed a distressing and immature display of mob mentality.

Not only do I think it's a corrupt use of admin's power, but I think that for anyone who really wants this information to get out, the ATS intervention was lose-lose. It actually does the work of the PTB by discrediting Jones, who, whatever you think of him, at least gets information out there.

So, if you want the truth out there, you lose because the truth in the document gets lost in the controversy. If you hate Jones, you lose because he really doesn't seem to give too much of a you-know-what and may even be benefiting from the publicity.

I may also remind people who haven't read the whole thread that Skeptic Overlord said it was to prevent people thinking the interview actually happened. Well, that seemed disingenuous and when I looked at the email, it highlighted the fact that we had the "before" and "after" screenshots on our site. That's all about exposing AJ as a hoaxter. When called to comment on this discrepancy SO preferred to evade rather than explain.

Interestingly, similar behaviour to Jones when caught in a contradiction.

At this point, for the hard of thinking, I'll repeat what I have said many times in this thread: I am most certainly NOT A FAN of Alex Jones.

I read the document: it's pathetic in its crawly-bumlick attitude to Obama, but it contains useful information that people deserve to hear.

The ATS intervention has wedded the word "Hoax" to the interview INCLUDING ITS CINTENT for many people picking up on the story.

The more we indulge in this kind of utterly pointless in-fighting, the happier the perps will be. Nice one.

I really shouldn't have started this thread, because it's making me think too much about Alex Jones. His hectoring voice, that porcine jowly face... I may have to go and lie down and try to think happy thoughts. Again.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by rich23]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Can I just point out one thing?

It is the duty of the one presenting the information to make it unquestionably clear that what he is saying is FALSE if it indeed is FALSE.

I think "Twenty Minutes with President Obama" on an Alex Jones website is as obviously a made up story as "Brad Pitt Leaves Angelina Jolie for A Fortiori".

Who in the world thought that out of the blue President Obama who is up to his elbows in Town Hall fiasco, economic meltdown, and the upcoming G8 would sit down with Charlie Sheen when has has distanced himself from celebrities in general since getting into office and has basically said case closed on all the shenanigans of the Bush Cheney years?

Really, come on! Not for one second did I believe it. I did, however, get ticked that the big news was that Charlie Sheen was on instead of someone like Van Jones.

Once I got it, that people would be outraged that there would be sooooo many google hits that this would go all over the internet I realized: He Did IT. He got it in the front line once more...and with crazy old Charlie Sheen!

To answer the original poster, yes, ATS is all over Alex Jones these days and I, too, didn't appreciate the U2U about it when the birth certificate thing is even more of a dead horse.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamu
Did I hear right? that Alex reported today that he had received an inter-management memo from a "conspiricy based website" (a mole had sent it to him) ordering the attack of him and Sheen (or any kind of diversion) to quell any impact of what they had done....

if anyone that is not "in on it" ..... can read this ..... (I doubt they let anything out to very many that isnt approved)

does truth have no sanctuary?

Call me a cynic but it wouldn't surprise me if it were true or if it were something that Jones had just made up.

This is, for me at least, an unprecedented event at ATS. And you can see I've not been here that long, and even then it's been patchy.

I regard Jones as an annoying buffoon but I can't help thinking he's been getting too much traction lately.

Ooh... conspiracy theory #1: someone hacks Jones' computer to remove the disclaimer, tips someone off at ATS who uses a sock puppet to break the story, which is then "picked up" by the admin, who issue pitchforks and brands to the villagers. I like it.

Jones stupid enough to try and spin it as a stunt, realises that's wrong, staff have no clue about what happened, arses being kicked in the Jones office to no avail, while in public Jones blusters as unconvincingly as ever... at some point waves threaten to break over the side of the teacup.

Another opportunity blown to start a new thread about the "ATS Alex Jones Hoax Conspiracy."

And I think I'd like more evidence of this alleged connection anyway, which I so can't be bothered to go and look for right now, or possibly at any time in the future. Lazy, but honest to a fault, that's me.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
One man has thrown many into a frenzy. Why are you people so emotionally attached to all of this? Does AJ care about your bills? Did he help pay for your childrens medical? Is he putting money in your pocket for their college tuition? Is he putting clothes on your back? Is he making sure you're safe at night?

Easy now, back to bed, the nurse'll be along in a minute.

Nurse! He's wandered in from another thread. Can you take him back? Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustGetThere
All I have to say about Alex and his so called disclaimer mistake, never heard of a preview button.

I wrote and extensive article about it below

I got into the first sentence before the gleeful sneering made my eyes bleed.

Big deal. You caught a buffoon out. And are contributing to infighting within the ranks of those who want the truth to come out. By drawing attention to Jones' inadequacies (other than the legion already immediately obvious) you're only doing more harm to the truth movement.

It's like the no-planers. They get far too much attention which could be more usefully employed elsewhere. It's also natural that they get MSM attention which is annoying... but it's counterproductive to rise to the bait.

But no, you're too hung up with feeling morally supoerior (spuriously, of course) to Alex Jones.

You've basically walked up to a car crash and set the car on fire, rather than get people out. All for the sake of your own ego.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

It's like the no-planers. They get far too much attention which could be more usefully employed elsewhere. It's also natural that they get MSM attention which is annoying... but it's counterproductive to rise to the bait.

But no, you're too hung up with feeling morally supoerior (spuriously, of course) to Alex Jones.

You've basically walked up to a car crash and set the car on fire, rather than get people out. All for the sake of your own ego.

*claps loudly*

I agree. The "no planers" should learn to quiet that noise for the greater movement. Start with small enough bites to get people to listen.

And the wasted time in-fighting when we could be seizing the moment out there is absolutely a dream come true for the people with something to hide.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

Originally posted by EMPIRE

Easy now, back to bed, the nurse'll be along in a minute.

Nurse! He's wandered in from another thread. Can you take him back? Thanks.

Does Alex Jones know you even exist?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a wackjob and a liar. And a greedy fearmonger.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Oh come on... it's pretty clear what Alex's intent was. He hyped up a non-story, sensationalized with this silly mental masturbation, *conveniently* left out the fact that it was fictional, then blamed it on the tech guys. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

This guy pedals BS.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
OP,

No, we aren't out to get AJ, It's just that he had us all hyped up, saying it would be news breaking, everything CRAZY.

Turns out, it was garbage and not big at all.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If only people would be this 'infuriated' by all the lies told by governments, MSM, alphabethsoup agencies, history books etc..

Then again, maybe you're just not aware of those lies.. Maybe you swallow it all, hook line and sinker.. or maybe you're so used to it, that you've accepted it?

I dunno.. but a lot of the critical stuff regarding AJ and Charlies letter comes off as hypocritical to me.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by payt69]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by payt69
If only people would be this 'infuriated' by all the lies told by governments, MSM, alphabethsoup agencies, history books etc..

Then again, maybe you're just not aware of those lies.. Maybe you swallow it all, hook line and sinker.. oe maybe you're so used to it, that you've accepted it?

I dunno.. but a lot of the critical stuff regarding towards AJ and Charlies letter comes off as hypocritical to me.

Hypocritical, yes! I agree.

I would hate to be the person who admits that he was fooled into actually believing that Charlie Sheen was given twenty whole minutes of Barak Obama's time. You would then have to make the excuse that you "hadn't had your coffee yet" or you had just packed a bowl then went on the website.

All of the outrage, I think, is underserved.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
lol.. yup you'd look a bit silly..

And indeed all this has been blown way out of proportion. If you want to spend your energy being angry, then why don't you do so because American kids are being sent off to war and die in a WAR that's based on LIES.. it costs gazilions of dollars and thousands of lives!

Or how about the whole hype surrounding the N1H1 flu virus? It's hardly any more harmful than the regular flu, yet we're being threatened with mandatory inoculations which seem to be a great cause for concern all by themselves. The whole swine-flu hype is based on lies! How angry does that make you?

I could go on forever.. lol

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join