It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS out to get Alex Jones?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i dont think ats is out to get alex jones, i just think they are misinformed. if any body listened to the alex jones show on 9-8-09 then this whole debate wouldnt be happening. id say the first 10-15 min of the show alex clearly explains that the interview isnt real but rather a way to get attention. well i guess it worked.

*just a side note before i heard the show from 9/8/9 i read all the threads on ats first and expected the show to alex selling this a real interview but like i said right off the bat he made it very clear that i wasnt real.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

Thanks ATS for shooting the truth movement in the foot. I'm glad exposing AJ's poor journalism is more important to you than conveying the message he was trying to get across.

As I said in an earlier post, keep a sense of proportion, people. Did anyone DIE because of Jones' error? (I'm not dodging the issue by using that word - either it was an inadvertent error or an error of judgement.) Did anybody have to go to jail? No. A few people have had their hopes raised and dashed because they were silly enough to get excited about something on Jones' show.

Boo-hoo.

So the underlying message has been trampled by mob mentality at ATS driven by an unproven assumption as pointed out by myself and others in this thread.

THIS ^

We put up with similar crap from the MSM everyday. (Not to mention we have holidays based on this type of deception) So Alex Jones uses the same tactics as the MSM to get the 9/11 truth movement noticed and all you guys can see is the negative. Grow up people, I know nobody likes being fooled but take a step back and look at the bigger picture and what this could bring about.

As far as I'm concerned, Alex and Sheen are on my side in a fight where we need all the help we can get. Lets not divide ourselves anymore than we need to.

Lets also not forget it IS possible that it was an honest mistake.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by inthisriver12]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Well, if it isn't, it should be!
Its undeniable that Jones puts his finger on the right issues, its just that he then goes off like a shaken bottle of coke with mints in it. The resulting froth is certainly eyecatching, enough to support a media career for the man, but it also creates a sticky mess. Left alone, the mess festers producing a rancid stench. Who can clean it up? Who has a vested interest in wafting that stench to the noses of anyone interested in the original issues?
Those of us who are interested in seeing what truth we can uncover being widely disseminated have enough obstacles to overcome without having to convincingly dissociate ourselves from the stench of lunacy every time we start a conversation with some new person about these issues. Whether Jones is sincere, a plant, successfully acting on the stage of life as reported by the media, or some combination of any &/or all of the above hardly matters: he is a dick & he makes us here on ATS look like dicks too. F# Alex Jones!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Been away from the thread for a little while.

What can we learn from the thread so far?

Well, there's an interesting development that apparently AJ went on YouTube and said it was a marketing ploy, then withdrew that in favour of the "faulty server" excuse. That does seem to provide evidence that it was an intentional error.

The mass U2U was still a mistake on the part of ATS. UNLESS ATS is going to reinvent itself as a campaigning website, it should stay the hell out of this kind of thing.

I'm not here to be a tool of the admin, to be mobilised at their whims. I find it insulting.

We can also see that most people don't read very carefully before posting.

We have learned that Skeptic Overlord is just as capable of evasion as Alex Jones. That's interesting. He tried to spin the U2U and then got evasive about it. Read the thread again to see it happen.

And of course lots of people are so consumed with hatred for AJ that they're prepared to attack him even if it means damaging the movement for truth.

Don't get me wrong: [n]I'm not a fan of Alex Jones, but the U2U went too far. I really don't care how many negative threads he gets on ATS. I care that the membership of ATS has been mobilised in a hypocritical and ultimately damaging way.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
Well, if it isn't, it should be!

You know, I'm not an AJ fan. But who decides that AJ should be the target? There are lots of people I think the membership should be mobilised against, but most people wouldn't agree.

So why should admin have the power to institute a campaign like this that's very much against the T&C we all have to abide by?

I don't even like Alex Jones and I can see this is wrong. What's your excuse?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

He would have no trouble haressing you if the boot was on other foot.

People like him are scum, working for the government and raping your pockets and feelings too.

Just go and listen what william cooper said about him, and its all true. I just listened to 5 mins of c2c from alst night with hima nd his buddy george plank of wood noorey. If you ever wanted to hear a person in the media lying, listen to alex from last night.

His two faces came out big time, with his pal george to get all the suckers back in.

More fool you guys.

I will always remember seeing alex jones rubbishing c2c, but then he goes on licking georges arse on show, saying c2c is great, lol. Which is it then alex, oh yep, i forgot you have two faces to play both sides so we can never get any truth from you.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Not sure why a lot of you believe that Alex Jones actually "Conspired" to Hoax everyone... Oh wait... I almost forgot that this IS a conspiracy website after all.

Bottom line, I don't believe he meant to actually "Hoax" anyone. Especially after watching his "Apology Video". No Conspiracy here folks. You don't need to make it into something so complex. Sometimes the truth actually is as "Simple" as someone making an honest mistake. That's why I try not to be too quick to Judge.

Anyways, I just watched his Video Apology. It actually makes perfect sense.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by hero_25]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I think this post sums up one side of the story fairly well...

Originally posted by Mak Manto
I don't think that anyone got fooled by the Charlie Sheen interview, that's the whole thing.

Alex Jones promoted this as the "biggest story he;s ever done in fourteen years."

BIGGEST STORY.

In the end, what we get was a fictional interview.

That's why people are angry. We got screwed over by Alex Jones, and his whole thing of, "the media will go with this and it'll be huge" is a joke.

As I said in an earlier post, keep a sense of proportion. Did anyone die? No. A few gullible people read an interview they thought was real. Rather more were disappointed that AJ let them down.

Boo-hoo.

If you place your trust in Alex Jones I feel sorry for you, because you're going to be disappointed. The guy's a buffoon. But this campaign was still a mistake, even if, as Jones seems to think (and he might even right) that all publicity is good publicity.

As one thread put it, he damaged our credibility

Hm. The "credibility" of the 9/11 movement is not exactly enhanced by having Jones around at all. But actually drawing attention to Jones' idiocies only makes matters worse, although people here can't seem to get their heads around that one. So few seem to have grasped the idea of pushing the positive messages from this because so many people around here hate Jones.

Yes, he's everyone's scary uncle who turns up drunk at Christmas and picks a fight with your dad before the police have to be called. So why expect anything sensible? Why believe the hype?

We have people on here that doubt the validity of 9/11. His whole shenanigans has damaged some of that credibility we've built upon.

You know the more I think about this word "credibility" that people are so happy to throw around, the more I realise what a slippery concept it is. Credibility in whose eyes? If you're talking about the population as a whole, then that credibility is, like it or not, affected by MSM coverage. ATS has just engineered a spat that, if it makes mainstream, makes all of us here look like hysterical ninnies.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

He would have no trouble haressing you if the boot was on other foot.

I don't doubt it. But it's not relevant.

People like him are scum, working for the government and raping your pockets and feelings too.

Not my pockets or my feelings. I thought I'd have made that clear by this point in the thread, but apparently you haven't read those parts. Or you did and they just bounced off.

Yes... more attacks on AJ... not the point people.

No matter how big an idiot he is, that U2U was wrong, for reasons amply gone into earlier in the thread.

I keep advancing ethical and strategic arguments about why it was wrong to send that U2U, and all people can come back with is, "Alex Jones BAAAAAD, ATS GOOOOOD". It's pitiful.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Thanks for the OP rich23.
I found the U2U quite offencive.
Somehow i got the feeling the Board started to push an opinion on me.
If some member would have done this i could understand, or an admin as a member.
But to use the boards power to push ones political agenda is realy a shame.

Like you said, there are plenty of topics that could use a U2U push like this but is this what this board is about !?
Before you know this site would turn into a political party with its own agenda.
And i like this board because it seems there is no agenda.

It sure looks like the recent project camelot discussion.
ATS admins please lets the menbers decide what is important, or admins as members.
Else you would not fit the definition "user generated content" but more like admin controled opinions.

So i agree with the OP.
No mass mobelising U2U's or emails like the T&C states for other members.
And please not label HOAX when it is opinion based.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

Well, there's an interesting development that apparently AJ went on YouTube and said it was a marketing ploy, then withdrew that in favour of the "faulty server" excuse. That does seem to provide evidence that it was an intentional error.

What that actually provides evidence for, is that it was an intentional lie.
He got caught out and then was back-pedalling and trying to come up with a valid excuse.

Like yourself, I'm not a fan of AJ but have nothing against him either... I'm merely looking at this from an impartial and objective viewpoint...and i don't like what i see.

Only AJ knows what his intentions are and I'm sure we will never know.

But the fact that it has garnered this much attention means that he knew what he was doing.
As i said a few pages back, i don't agree with how he's gone about it and don't think that lying to, or hoaxing your own fans/ client base/ peers/whatever, is the way to go about it.

But people are talking about it and "he had a million hits/visitors on his website" that day.... according to him.
So it's not all bad news.

[edit on 10/9/09 by blupblup]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
it's not the information in the faux interview that is being questioned, it's the way it was delivered.

there is enough of a problem trying to get this information re-investigated, by credible people, that would be risking reputations and possibly their lives if they take this on.

remember, people that want this reopened are in a constant fight against being called "tin-hatters", or "conspirecy nuts", so i agree with the ATS staff that alex jones created more of a problem with his hoax interview, than the actual good that would have come from it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

Personally, I think he should make a new documentary and call it "The Jones Deception"

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Is jones out to get himself? I think is more of a question you should be asking.

People have lost faith in him, because he lied and tried to manipulate even his hardcore. And yet he has always gone on about how 'The Powers That Be', have always been trying to control, lie and manipulate us.

If Jones ever was fighting the Government wrongs within this world, yesterday, he became part of their machine, by going to the very level he said he was always trying to combat.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I am ashamed of Alex Jone$, frankly. I have long admired his courage and his energy... That being said, I think he stepped in it with this one. How on Earth can he make the claim that this is his "biggest story in 14 years"? The BIGGEST interview and Story Jone$ EVER did was when he interviewed Walter Burien about the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. I think Jone$ has burned himself out and should take a long sabbatical (at least 6 months.). He resorted to a cheap publicity stunt that blew up in his face. The only thing he's sorry about is his reduced revenues as a result of this tawdry trick. I am starting to think that Jone$ is a dis-info agent; my reasons:

1) The aforementioned Sheen trick;
2) His screaming, spewing rants of excess emotionalism (to foment panic);
3) His shouting and talking down to callers who disagree with him (to keep the waters muddied);
4) His tendency to exaggerate news accounts and to "go off half-cocked";
5) His reticence to talk about the Zionist question.
6) His posting of publications, posters and fliers with obvious (and sometimes subtle) spelling errors, which begs the question of the literacy of the Patriot Movement and Patriots in general (spell check, anyone?!).
7) His apparent "longevity" which has not graced others pursuing the Truth (Phil Schneider, Barry Seal, Bill Cooper, etc., etc).

Jone$ is star-struck and has been rubbing elbows with "celebrities" a bit much lately. He needs to remember his humble beginnings. Is he part of Mockingbird? Frankly, I am, for the first time, beginning to seriously ask that question. I no longer hold him in the esteem I once did. If he is "overloaded", he needs to lighten his load and not have so many plates spinning at once (assuming he is legit).

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm with you 100% rich23!! I can't believe people that know the truth would themselves help the NWO and attack the truth movement for Ego's sake. If you couldn't tell the interview was fictitious and got fooled, I'm sorry it hurt your pride that you couldn't tell but what's being talked about on this thread is insane. Ego and pride being hurt are not good reasons to join the enemy camp.

Only traitors to liberty and freedom would attack someone on our side at a time like this. Its like being in a gun fight and the guy next to you on your side saves you like 10 times from being shot and because you didn't like the way he shot one of the enemy you turn an execute him!? That's exactly what people on this board are talking about that level of stupidity.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Just go and listen what william cooper said about him, and its all true. I just listened to 5 mins of c2c from alst night with hima nd his buddy george plank of wood noorey. If you ever wanted to hear a person in the media lying, listen to alex from last night.

His two faces came out big time, with his pal george to get all the suckers back in.

More fool you guys.

I will always remember seeing alex jones rubbishing c2c, but then he goes on licking georges arse on show, saying c2c is great, lol. Which is it then alex, oh yep, i forgot you have two faces to play both sides so we can never get any truth from you.

DUDE! exactly my thoughts!!! I was like what is up with Alex kissing sNoory @ss... The night before on c2c at the start of it, corporate George dissed him? It's about the $$$$$$$... our heroes being sold right out in front of us....
What's next for Alex, is it Disney?

[edit on 10-9-2009 by imitator]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am a webmaster and I will point out that when that interview was posted AJ's web server was slammed immediately which caused a brief period of timeouts. It is possible that the disclaimer part of the article webpage was part of an "include". An include is a separate html or php file that could be used as a footer or menu or the like.

The purpose of includes is that you can change a single include and all pages on the site that have that include are changed in one move.

IMO it is possible that the article was uploaded, the server slammed and the footer changed and uploaded with a delay because of server slammage. In a court of law that would be enough of a defense as it is possible that the delay of the footer could of been unintentional and the result of the server timing out while the webmaster tried to upload the changes.

This is just a thought I wanted to shoot out there.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join