It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Nick Berg and Zacarias Moussaoui Linked

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
According to Ashcroft, there is no Berg, Terrorists link:
Ashcroft: Berg, Terrorists Not Linked

WASHINGTON (AP) - Attorney General John Ashcroft said Friday that U.S. authorities investigated Nicholas Berg for a possible connection to terrorists but determined there was no link.

Berg, a 26-year-old American civilian who was beheaded in Iraq, was investigated by the FBI in 2002 after an e-mail address traced to him was used by an unidentified person believed acquainted with
Zacarias Moussaoui, an al-Qaida adherent now in federal custody and awaiting trial on conspiracy charges stemming from the Sept. 11 attacks.

"The suggestion that Mr. Berg was in some way involved in terrorist activity, or may have been linked in some way to terrorist activity, is a suggestion that we do not have any ability to support and we do not believe is a valid one,'' Ashcroft said at
a news conference.

seekerof

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I couldn't see how it was germaine to the thread. Surah 5:48-9 is basically don't misinterpret stuff. (my creedo, personally.)

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Your interpretation is what exactly on this Dr.?
Did you see the pictures or read the article explaining the two views on wearing and not wearing gold jewelry?
Is Islam contradicting itself or is it like with any religious readings, it is solely based upon interpretations?

seekerof

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I'm not sure a picture of Ghaddaffy proves anything. His faith has long been viewed with contempt in the muslim world. Back in the eighties when I was in the middle east and M.G. was the American bogeyman, many Arabs refered to him as "the Watermelon:" Green (muslim) on the surface, but filled with red (communism/atheism) within.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
perhaps we ought to be chatting. we're posting simultaneous comments.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I cannot see where the Qur'an forbids jewelry or silk. The point made repeatedly is that you don't please God by making up rules and then living up to them.

That said, Islam is about community, and living out the Sharia, the interpretations or commentary upon the Qur'an that have become law. Just like in Western faiths, some communities will have a stricter interpretation.

My own experience is that Arabs enjoy their 'bling' as much as the next 'playa.'

Gold, esp. coins, are considered tasteful ornamentation (on women).

jewelry in general, outside the U.S., is seen as a highly portable and liquid form of wealth and power. While you could probably find communities that forbid such, it would be like Mennonites or Nuns in America. Pious eccentrics in the eyes of many.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Not that strong of a link this is but I thought I'd add it for baground info.

The director of the The University of Oklahoma is David L. Boren, mentor of CIA director George Tenet.
George Tenet
David Boren

I updated my timeline with that information.
Nicholas Berg Timeline and Video analysis

Also, Nick Berg was listed as an employee at the University in the 2000-2001 school year. I have not confirmed that yet so I did not add it to my post.
Taken from INN

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by AceOfBase]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join