It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Nick Berg and Zacarias Moussaoui Linked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Al Qaida beheading victim Nick Berg had crossed paths with 9/11 hijacking suspect Zacarias Moussout in 1999. At that time, Nick Berg was enrolled the University of Oklahoma, while Moussaoui was enrolled at a nearby flight school. When Moussaoui was investigated by the FBI in connection with the 9/11 terror attacks, they discovered Berg's university e-mail and password on Moussaoui's computer.

New York Daily News By JAMES GORDON MEEK in Washington and TRACY CONNOR in New York DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS When he was detained by authorities in Mosul in March, FBI agents came to grill Berg, and he volunteered details about his previous dealings with the bureau, the official said. But the eerie link between Berg and the terrorist cabal that later decapitated him "turned out to be total coincidence," the official said. Now this is indeed very interesting. Related News Chance Encounter with Terrorist? Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Nick Berg: US PsyOp sacrifice? [Edited on 14-5-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I dont see the big deal
If we all delve deep enough into our past something controvesial will come up
No biggie in my opinion, especially considering it was a university... You meet alot of people, maybe he just used his computer once on a drunken night? lots of plausible explanations

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The link between the two didn't prevent him from being beheaded by terrorists, correct? If anything, this makes me think the purported terrorists didn't actually decapitate Mr. Berg.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I would be interested in the odds all on these coincidences happening to a single individual. It has to be astronomical. Anyone a statician?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Bangin', you make a very good point, but in what you are saying, I have one thought:
Perhaps the parents can vouch to whether their son is dead or not, and if his head was indeed removed. I'm sure that they have identified the body and proceeded with his funeral. Would they not be able to say whether it was their son or not and whether his head was removed?

I think that if his head wasn't removed or he wasn't dead, they would somehow know this and thus, be eager to report so to the media?

seekerof

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Perhaps the parents can vouch to whether their son is dead or not, and if his head was indeed removed. I'm sure that they have identified the body and proceeded with his funeral. Would they not be able to say whether it was their son or not and whether his head was removed?

Oh, I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here. At this point I have no reason to believe that Nick Berg is alive. My comment applied to the 'masked men' that decapitated Mr. Berg. I haven't watched the video myself, but the general membership of ATS believes he was beheaded!

The obvious question seems to be, who are the masked men responsible for his death?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hmm, again, my apologies Bangin'...I missed the focal point you were making: "purported terrorists".

Yes, I agree. Wearing those masks or scarf's definitely make it identifying troublesome. This I will agree on.
My only questions to this then would be 'who' was the people who reported this to the Arab site that posted the video? Was it those with known contact with the one who claimed responsibility: Al-Zarqawi?
If Al-Zarqawi didn't do this or claim responsibility, why hasn't he come out with a counter-response to the Arab media or media period on this yet?

seekerof

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Executioner wore gold ring - forbidden by Islam
Behind the Masks --Clues From Graphic Tape of Beheading Could Help Identify Killers (ABCNEWS.com) A close examination of the tape shows none of the five masked men is wearing gloves, so federal officials are trying to determine if there are any tell-tale tattoos on their hands. One of the clues the FBI and CIA is studying is the large gold ring

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
www.aztlan.net...

La Voz de Aztlan News Bulletin "We forwarded the video to Doctor Raul Castro Guevara, a surgeon and forensic expert in Mexico City for his expert opinion. He wrote back and commented, 'No hay manera que el individuo en el video estaba vivo y su corazon funcionando cuando le estaban cortando la cabeza. En estos casos, el corazon impela sangre con gran presion, y se corta las arterias del cuello, hay una gran cantidad de sangre que salpica por todos lados. En mi opinion el video es un fraude.' Doctor Raul Castro Guevara is saying that there is no way that the individual in the video was alive and his heart pumping while his neck was being cut. The doctor adds that in these cases, while the heart is pumping, cutting a person's artery in the neck, would cause copious amounts of blood to spurt all over the immediate environment. He says that in his opinion the video is a fraud."

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
well Al-Zarqawi is dead as some claim him to be, then perhaps that is reason why we haven't heard any denial from him.

What if???? Al-Zarqawi the undead is a full creation of some organization such as the CIA or other, who uses this dead man's identity to commit acts of terror and promote the response of the Bush's war against terrorism....intriguing possibilities.

btw, Linda Vester on FOX blasted Al-Jazeera for doubting the authencity of the tape when they reported that two sources have said that Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi is dead.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
as for this connection between Moussaoui and Berg, well Moussaoui is alive and in custody, I am sure he can clear up how he got access to Berg internet password and email addy.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You know, I have a tendency to believe what you presented BT, cause it fits yours and others agendas, but what is being asserted is false?
How so?
One...Familiar with the Qu'ran/Quran? I'm not as familiar with it as I would like to be but please read on---link to be provided.
Two.....been to Kuwait or Saudi Arabia?
Three.....this link clarifying what is considered "Islamic Practice" and what the Qu'ran/Quran says:
What have the Muslims done to Islam?

Current "Islamic" Practice
Gold, jewelry and silk are prohibited for men

Instructions in the Quran
There is no prohibition for men wearing gold
or silk, etc. (5:48-49, 7:31-32)

Maybe we can get one who is familiar with Islamic practices and those of Muslim Islamic practices to explain the above findings?

seekerof

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I know nothing of any islamic forbidding the wearing of gold.

most of my muslim relatives and friends wear jewelry, rings, rolexes, and almost every muslim male and female I know have the islamic crescent and star in the form of some sort of jewelry like a ring or necklace. There's also that sword sign one that is commonly worn in jewelry.

and I forgot to mention, one of my muslim uncles loves to wear those tacky, loud silk shirts.

[Edited on 5-14-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I just posted what I came across. Now any fundementalist strain of any religion will add layers of stringency to their observations that the secular/moderates do not. There's a world of difference between the two polar extremes.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
A close examination of the tape shows none of the five masked men is wearing gloves, so federal officials are trying to determine if there are any tell-tale tattoos on their hands. One of the clues the FBI and CIA is studying is the large gold ring

Wait a minute, I thought that the CIA already confirmed that it was AL ZWILLIE (Whatever) due to his voice signature.

Who is that masked man?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I had looked at the Atzlan site, to tell you the truth, I do not believe anything they say, as I read some of the info in that site, they want to take American cities close to the border of Mexico and make it part of Mexico whether by force or politically. That site makes report to fit its own agenda and paint "an evil United States" picture to those that are ignorant to the truth, just like Fidel Castro has been doing all this time.

That site is completly unreliable imo.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Please. To try to use what these men are wearing or not wearing as proof or not of their identity is sheer naivete. The very first words of the Quran could be "Thou shalt not wear gold or silk" and if they could guarantee the deaths of a thousand Americans by wearing gold chains and silk shirts, believe me, they'd wear them.

The have already twisted the words of the Quran to justify murder many times, if we are to believe peaceful muslims. I certainly wouldn't wave them through a checkpoint simply because they wore a gold ring, if you catch my drift.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
From "The Holy Qur'an: Text, Translation and Commentary. 'Abdullah Yusuf 'Ali. New Revised edition. Brentwood, Maryland, USA: Amana Corporation, 1989. pp. 351 ff.

7:31
" O Children of Adam!
Wear your beautiful appearel (1013)
At every time and place
Of prayer: eat and drink
But waste not by excess.
For Allah loveth not the wasters."

Footnote 1013:
Beautiful apparel: zinah: adornments or apparel for beautiful living: construed to mean not only clothes that add grace to the wearer, but toilet and cleanliness, attention to hair, and other small personal details which no self respectingman or woman ought to neglect when going before even a great human dignitary, . . .
. . . but caution against excess applies: men must not go to prayer in silks or ornaments appropriate to women.

The quote from the Qur'an itself seems to permit 'beautiful apparel,' and yet 'Ali in his commentary specifically warns against the very same practice.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Forgot one Dr.......
Qur'an 5:48-49

In Islam, music, statues, gold and silk are all Lawful (5:48-49, 7:31-32, 16:116), Vs. Sunni beliefs forbidding silk & gold for men, and forbidding music & statues for all...

Todays Islam

Need more photos, let me know.

seekerof

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
For the record,

Yes, Muslims can wear gold, silver, silk, whatever.

geberally, silver is worn more by men than women, as women wear gold more, gold is generally considered traditionally, for women.

However, that ahsnt stopped men from wearing it. They simply cannot have earings or femeinie looking jewlery. But they wear huge gaudy chunky nugget rings, love thier rolexes and big fat european ornaments. they wear robes of silk, though not cut and styled with feminine motifs. Generally, you dont see them wearing too many necklaces, as necklaces and chains are considered for women, however, they do wear watches and rings. And of gold and silver.

And they wear silk too. Plenty of it everywhere.

But the whole link between Berg and Moussai is....strange. Going by what Ive learned from 9/11, when it comes to "chance" associations....I tend to suspect theres alot mroe than meets the eye.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join