It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to seal US-UN relationship - First American president to chair its 15-member Security Council.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
www.ft.com...

Barack Obama will cement the new co-operative relationship between the US and the United Nations this month when he becomes the first American president to chair its 15-member Security Council.

Mr Obama will join other heads of government in New York during the week of the nuclear summit for the opening of the 64th session of the UN General Assembly. The annual meeting of world leaders is this year raising expectations on a number of fronts.

UN officials hope a climate change debate on September 22 will give fresh impetus to the search for a global climate deal at Copenhagen in December. There are also hopes a possible meeting between Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli prime minister, and Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian Authority president, that Mr Obama would host, could lead to a breakthrough about a timetable for Middle East peace.

Oh boy... Obama and the U.N. are a scary combination.

I can see the "Global Poverty Act" coming into full swing soon. Does this seal the fate of American Sovereignty?

www.aim.org...

Imposition of a global tax on the United States. The bill, which has the support of many liberal religious groups, makes levels of U.S. foreign aid spending subservient to the dictates of the United Nations.

The U.N. says that "The commitment to provide 0.7% of gross national product (GNP) as official development assistance was first made 35 years ago in a General Assembly resolution, but it has been reaffirmed repeatedly over the years, including at the 2002 global Financing for Development conference in Monterrey, Mexico. However, in 2004, total aid from the industrialized countries totaled just $78.6 billion-or about 0.25% of their collective GNP."

In addition to seeking to eradicate poverty, that declaration commits nations to banning "small arms and light weapons" and ratifying a series of treaties, including the International Criminal Court Treaty, the Kyoto Protocol (global warming treaty), the Convention on Biological Diversity, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

The Millennium Declaration also affirms the U.N. as "the indispensable common house of the entire human family, through which we will seek to realize our universal aspirations for peace, cooperation and development."

Jeffrey Sachs, who runs the U.N.'s "Millennium Project," says that the U.N. plan to force the U.S. to pay 0.7 percent of GNP in increased foreign aid spending would add $65 billion a year to what the U.S. already spends. Over a 13-year period, from 2002, when the U.N.'s Financing for Development conference was held, to the target year of 2015, when the U.S. is expected to meet the "Millennium Development Goals," this amounts to $845 billion. And the only way to raise that kind of money, Sachs has written, is through a global tax, preferably on carbon-emitting fossil fuels.

It seems the puzzle pieces keep coming together:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
all i know is when the fan is hit, im going to canada.

its nice and cold there

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I love Obama. Who needs that whole national sovereignty thing. Say hello to the new global order. The UN dictating to everyone, especially the USA is super awesome. Now we can pay taxes for support the whole world, dissolve Israel, trash the constitution... it is a brand new day. Thank you President Obama.

Well, we all new Mr. Obama is a globalist who wants the US to be subservient to the global elite. We all ready bailed Europe out using AIG as a conduit to funnel money to them.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well, should be interesting to see what he gives away.
Second line.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Obama is the first black president. And he will be our last president, period.

Raising the Chinese flag over the White House, nationalizing our industry,

Maybe this is what Biden was talking about when he said that Obama would be tested and that we may not like the results.

Makes me want to spray paint "Wolverines" on some wall.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Do "Security Council" representatives have to take the UN oath? I have no idea... if so, that would be one hell of a conflict of interest for either a sitting or former U.S. President.

United Nations Loyalty Oath:

"I solemnly affirm to exercise in all loyalty, discretion and conscience the functions entrusted to me as a member of the international service of the United Nations, to discharge those functions and regulate my conduct with the interest of the United Nations only in view, and not to seek or accept instructions in respect to the performance of my duties from any government or other authority external to the organization."

[edit on 8-9-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe BO'll tell the UN to pack their things an get off US soil?
Sorry could resist.
Seriously though. "infolurker" Lets say for the sake of argument BO takes the un oath (scary thought) does that mean the US'll take our orders from the un?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
would it make much of a difference to any of you if it were McCain chairing that Security Council meeting and hoisting the Chinese flag over the white house? all of our Presidents have been hand picked for years now so it really does not make a difference.

[edit on 103030p://0826 by mike dangerously]

[edit on 113030p://2126 by mike dangerously]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
How did that old saying go.

Get the UN out of the US
and[/b[
Get the US out of the UN

Also, serious question, is it standing practice to have a sitting leader of a country to chair the Security Council? Somehow that doesn't seem right to me.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

Woohoo... President Obama the Magnanimous is to accept an office in the UN...even if it is a rotary position Section 39 of the Constitution clearly says...

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Link

Hey but we know how much President Obama, as well as the rest of his administration and thugs care for the Constitution right?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

No president for decades has cared about your constitution.In any case the UN is a lame duck with so much red tape its unbelievable.The whole thing should be scrapped and replaced with something more streamlined that actually does what it's supposed to do.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yup, very soon, our president will be officially working for the UN.

I wish I felt all warm and cozy inside like so many progressives on this site, but for me, this kind of relief is spelled S-C-R-E-W-E-D.

-for lack of a more appropriate word that rhymes with 'ducked'.

new topics

top topics

join