It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America just gave ME attitude!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I heard an interview of a guy who bought an almost new home in Florida for about 80K recently, and he said the original selling price was over 200K.

You are definitely upside down and we all know how that happened. Crooked lenders said lend lend lend, no holds barred. I heard that when people didn't have enough income to qualify they would tell them to LIE about their income, and nothing was ever verified. So, the honest Joe's have to pay the price now. It isn't fair.

I don't know what to tell people. On the one hand I would say you need to protect your credit. But on the other hand, credit isn't worth the paper it's written on anymore. More than half the country maxxed out every credit card known to man just to survive the past couple years and most of them can't even pay the interest on them, so they just threw their hands up and gave up. That's why BOA is playing hardball with the ones who WILL still pay. It's crazy. I'm not sure that a good credit rating is worth fighting for much longer. I never thought I would say a thing like that. I believe in paying your debtors. But our debtors are the devil's minions from hell!! (somehow I feel better getting that off my chest)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

The "Bailout" was never meant to assist American citizens.

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

It is just a way to bypass regulations and get their hands on our tax money.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There is also the issue of them 'loaning' you money under 'marginal banking'. Meaning they are only counterfeiting that money, and it is only created when they loan it out. They bribe the politicians to allow it. B of A is actually BofItaly/Mafia/ American branch. All these idiots telling you to pay them even tho they are robbing America, and robbing you, don't mind them. They are accessories to the crimes.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I used to feel bad about walking away. But I don't now.

I used to care about my credit....but I don't now. Like he said....credit isn't worth the paper it's printed on now.

I tried to be honest. I have been honest my entire life.

The government is corrupt. The banks are corrupt.

I'll walk away AND start a law suit.

If the government had really wanted to stop the housing crisis, they could have given the money to the homeowners, and bypassed the banks.

I think they're trying to collapse America. I really do.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Just walk away...or better yet, if youre planning to walk away, send in 1/4 of your mortgage payment, and stay in the house as long as you can.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by brocket99
reply to post by nikiano

Just walk away...or better yet, if youre planning to walk away, send in 1/4 of your mortgage payment, and stay in the house as long as you can.

I just thought of something funny...my dad always told me that as long as you pay something on your bills every month, they can't turn you into collections. I think maybe in October, I'll send in $5.00. lol!

It will drive them nuts. They can't turn me into credit collections, though, as long as I'm paying something.

I'll see how long I can get away with that.

Meanwhile, I'll start packing.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

You know you are right. I don't know offhand how much the total bail out was, but if they had taken that funny money and given it to the consumers we would be certainly better off than we are now. And yet we are expected to pay for all that funny money for what, the next 300 years?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Seriously, it takes almost a year to evict someone in foreclosure, I mean from the time you quit making payments until the Sheriff shows up.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Is your insurance company by any chance also a part of B of A?

Accidents happens...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Both parties in the OP are crooks and perfectly exemplify what is wrong in this country and what started this depression, IMO.

You have a third culprit named Barney Franks and his cronies who not only made this possible but demanded the banks make these loans. It was a perfect storm.

OP,

Walking away will destroy your credit and you come out at the end with nothing. Your house will eventually increase in value to a break even point or better. You can dump your money into lease payments and buy a house for the Landlord or you can save your credit and eventually recover your losses.

When you walk away, YOU are in the wrong. It is the same thing as borrowing cash from a friend and then loosing it on a craps table and then refusing to pay it back because you lost it. Morally, ethically and legally you are wrong.

The people you talk to that work for the bank are not the bank. They are employees. They do as instructed. The people you are talking to are likely screamed at all day long by people who are trying to get out of paying their obligations. Their attitude is understandable. They did nothing to you and yet they take the heat.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Morally, ethically and legally you are wrong.

No, I am not. At this point in the financial crisis, it's every man (and woman) for themselves.

I played by the rules when everyone else was playing by the rules. But when the govt gave my loan from Countrywide to B of A without asking my permission, then gave trlllions to the banks to modify people's loans, and the banks just sat on that money, and the govt is doing nothing to force these banks to give out the money....they have all stopped playing by the rules. They did wrong first, not me.

Why should I take the shaft because of other's people's corrupt action?

I am not wrong. I am finally, for once, looking out for myself.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Do you mean the $75 Billion Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan?

Here is one link; Scam. try to get your hands on it but you might get lucky. www.treas.gov...

I heard the same thing, that the "stay in your home" money was intended for those who were not late on their mortgage, which made no sense at the time.

Ive worked for the VA, property division. Getting out of the original promissory note isnt easy. More loan costs, stc,

I have a friend who originally had Countrywide, which was bought out by BOA. They refused to honor the written agreement and she is forced to leave her home.

You may have all heard of corruption and kickbacks from FHA/VA. It's TRUE.

Stay in your home and claim squatters rights= ( Adverse possession ). Based on unreasonable and unjustified mortgage practices. File a homestead declaration doc with your courthouse. You can download them free online.

Ive seen it all. Some take their kitchen cabinets and carpet when they leave.

Since you are not late on your payments you should stay. I'm not saying dont make the payments; although the VA usually takes 2 years before youre out.

All that bailout money is barely paying the interest on the Freddy, Fannie mess and AIG.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by nikiano

Seriously, it takes almost a year to evict someone in foreclosure, I mean from the time you quit making payments until the Sheriff shows up.

Hey Bombeni,

The VA lets you go 2 years. I work there.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Blaine....

Asking me and others like me to keep paying mortgage on a house that is only now worth half of what we bought it for is like expecting a woman who married a nice guy who turned into an abuse alcoholic to stay with him, simply because she married him and signed a marriage certificate. She has every right to walk away from an abusive husband, at that point because the terms of the contract were changed by one party, without the permission of the other party.

Same with my house. I signed a contract with Countrywide. Countrywide went broke, my house collapsed in value, and the government gave away my loan to another bank, which I never agreed to. Plus, they gave B of A trillions of dollars to stay afloat, and asked them to modify loans. B of A did not....they sat on the money...and houses in Arizona started foreclosing left and right. Now my house is worth crap.

The terms of the contract changed...my house is no longer worth 160k, but 80k. If bank of America is not going to spread the wealth like they were supposed to when they got the TARP money, and modify people's loans...well, they can have my house.

I signed a mortgage for a house worth 160k, not a house worth 80k. The house did not deteriorate in value due to my negligence, but rather due to the bank's negligence. Therefore, I feel I am justified in walking away from the agreement, because the situation has changed dramatically, beyond the normal ups and downs of the market.

There is no history in America for values falling 50%. This is unprecedented. Yes, I knew there could be some risk in buying a house, but 50% deterioration in value goes beyond "normal" risk in home buying.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Based on unreasonable and unjustified mortgage practices. File a homestead declaration doc with your courthouse. You can download them free online.

Wonderworld...

I have never heard of this before. Thank you!! I'll look into it!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Welcome to the bad economy!

Your product has just went down in value. While you have lost lets say 100,000 (even though it seems like you have not even paid your house off yet), you think you deserve extra treatment? What about ALMOST EVERY PERSON in the country?

What about the investors out there who have lost millions on the stock markets?

Or the Realtors whose career depending on the booming house market?

If I sign a loan for 100 dollars on a CD-player 10 years ago, paying 5 dollars a year for 30 years (so it totals up more than 100 because of the interest), and all of a sudden the new I-pods come out and the value of the CD-Player drops by 50%, do I also get to modify my loan?

Or maybe the fact that you think a *business* should have pity for you? They are practically GIVING you money (technically they are losing it and not giving you any) by changing your loan. Why would they do that!?

The world is made up of producers and consumers...and while the producers may make more money, both sides have their ups and downs. A 100% consumer industry will not last long, and that is something you are supporting.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It'll take them 8-16 months to get to you. So start saving, and pack when the sheriff shows up.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I haven't read through all the pages yet, but I have some sage advice that I am currently doing for myself!

Let them have the house! Foreclosures are currently taking a year or more, the courts and attorneys are backlogged! Don't make any payments, save the money in cash (not in bank)! The way things are looking, you may want to buy Canadian Cash!

Anyway, you will be able to live there for a year or more for free! Then, make arrangements for your stuff, and a place to stay for a couple of months when (and if) you are finally evicted.

Then, buy back the house at the reduced price and use all the money you saved as your down payment!! There are community, state, and Federal grants available for someone in your situation that lost their house, so you could wind up with 20-50% equity in the new reduced price home, and when the economy recovers you will turn a nice profit!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Screw bank of america! They are the biggest bunch of a**hole thieves I have EVER encountered!

If you ever have to deal with these crooks face to face over ANY sort of problem with your account they always make sure to let you know over and over, no matter what it is, that its YOUR FAULT not theirs. That if YOU didn't screw up then you wouldn't be there trying to squirm your way out of it. BOA makes tons of "mistakes" all the time. I really honestly think they purposely screw up your account and take your money just hoping that you wont catch it.

And god help you if you try resolving anything over the phone, because whoever your talking to will just hang up on you over and over again until you stop calling. I don't even know why they bother having a customer service line to call because I and many others have been hung up on because BOA can do no wrong. They will basically tell you that they are right and you are wrong and there's nothing they are going to do about it and then....click.
I have lost entire paychecks to their BS system.

I could go on and on about how many times my friends, family, and I have all been screwed by them but I wouldn't be able to do it without violating several T&Cs. So in short...do not give your money to BOA.

If there's ever a revolution to fight the banks I will be first in line to join up. Their days are numbered...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I posted my experience with BoA Here, (scoll down the page to see), and after reading your post, I thought I'd add what happened yesterday at BoA.

If you read my post, since then, I keep minimal in my BoA account.

I used it to purchase an online item and went to the bank on the 1st to deposit.

I asked if I had any negative balance and they said nope it's fine.

Yesterday, I received a 35.00 NSF fee, dated the same day (1, Sept, 2009), as my deposit.

When I went to the bank, the cashier passed the buck to manager, (you know...the one who greets people like at a WalMart), and with a printout, she was explaining how the NSF was on 31, August, 2009.

I repeatedly asked her to show me the NSF on that date. She kept pointing to a purchase. I said, there was no NSF on the 1st when I deposited, and the NSF on the printout is on the 1st, not the 31st.

This was a circular conversation and would not resolve.

I was given an 800 number, went home and called.

There too, I was told that it was the 31st but didn't get poosted until the 1st.

I again explained the cashier on the 1st didn't see any NSF. and it is posted the 1st, same day as deposit. I was told they only do reversals if it is a bank error. I don't know what defines "error" to them, but if they tell me there is no overdraft and later there is, I consider that a bank error.

The phone rep. couldn't get that I was requesting a fee reversal.

Finally, I asked if she would just submit a request to reverse the fee under the circumstances. She asked if I ever had an NSF before.

I replied, "this is the first time I've requested a fee reversal, whether a previous NSF existed or not". She finally submitted my request. (I remember when I could call and someone would answer and be able to authorize or deny these requests on the spot.)

I will know in 5 days if they reverse the charge or not.
BoA is a wolf in sheeps clothes, and it's handlers are what used to be constituants representatives. Now they are corporate puppets and spit on their citizens.

I also made another deposit yesterday, just to insure they don't try this again.

Would the government, Obama and his banker-filled administration, help the homeowners? Not a chance. Pilferring what's left of the treasury after Bush cyphoned it almost dry before him, is the only goal.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join