It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one question not being asked about the healthcare plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
ive seen the town hall debates. ive seen the various plans. and ive seen the politicians talk up the plan. the one thing i havent seen though is probably the most important question...

does the federal goverment have the constitutional authority to implement a national healthcare plan ?

The answer is no.

The Constitution is quite clear. If a power isnt granted to the feds specifically in the constitution then that power belongs to the states or the people (see 10th amendment)

The federal goverment and the citizens have forgotten what the constitution is about. You see senators and citizens have mistakenly believed that anything the constitution doesnt forbid the feds can do. of course this is totally wrong.

the foundin fathers did in fact the opposite of that. everything not specifically granted to the federal govt under the constitution is forbidden.

The constitution doesnt mention anything about regulating education. Why, well because the founding fathers wanted that to be handled on a state and local level. Yet the federal goverment created the dept of education in direct violation because they interpret the constitution has not specifically forbidding it.

Same thing with the healthcare plan. The constitution doesnt say anything about national healthcare so again that right belongs to the states and the people.

The option is to ask the states to vote on a constitutional amendment to allow national healthcare. Of course the feds know that 38 states would never ratify such a plan which gives the feds such immense power.

so the next time you write a letter to the editor of your local paper or attend a protest or a town hall meeting ask this question...does the constitution give the feds the right to create a healthcare plan. and the answer is the 10th amendment...NO

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
S & F my friend! I haven't seen this discussed here, but I could have missed it.

I, for one, think the solution lies at the local level and not the State. And, especially, not the Federal. I'm not sure about other states, but, Texas has county controlled health clinics. For now, they provide minimal services such as vaccinations, STD testing, pregnancy testing, etc. However, this seems to me to be the perfect basic infrastructure on which to build a more comprehensive health care source.

I would estimate there to be about 50 general practitioners and physicians' assistants in our county. I'm sure, in exchange for a little tax incentive, they would be willing to 'volunteer' a day or two per month. That alone would be a drastic relief on the ERs.

The lack of honest forethought and discussion of a real solution is proof this is not about health care. It is about politics and power.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

The lack of honest forethought and discussion of a real solution is proof this is not about health care. It is about politics and power.

You have spoken the God honest truth.

As far being Constitutional, who is going to tell the Federal government otherwise. Odds are that the courts would refuse to take on such issue or merely dismiss it.

new topics

join