It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone explain this to me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Sorry if its been talked about. I was bored and went to see whats going on with the world. So I went to RSOE EDIS Emergency and Disaster Information Services. I can't explain why there are so many plane incidents. Is there an obvious answer? Sorry but I haven't seen any news on this so far. Is it a mistake?

Link: hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
according to this map east of italy seems to have a crap-ton of earthquakes too

[edit on 8-9-2009 by donttaserme]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by donttaserme

Well, East of Italy is a pretty active place. But I also noticed the multiple volcanoes erupting in central and south America. I'm still curious about the planes though, surely there has to be some news on all those incidents instead of Jon Gosselin and Kate.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I remember a day at the beginning of summer where there were something like 11 plane incidents showing on the rsoe map, and not one mention of any of them on the msm.

THe thing to keep in mind though, is that RSOE will report ANY plane incident. Meaning it could be simply an instrument failure that cause a plane to not be able to take off. ALl these instances are not necessarily catastrophic.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Thanks, that could explain it. But maybe then there would be much more incidents on their maps. But hey what do I know.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
You may want to be a little more helpful with your thread titles.

The answer to your question is than an "aircraft incident" is just about anything, including "traffic" accidents on the ground.

www.faa.gov...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Airplane incidents happen every hour, with every plane.

If you touch too hard the runway, it's an incident because you have to do checkups.

If your windshield is scratched or cracked you have to go to checkup to see if the crack is too deep to take off.

If one of your sensors gives a wrong reading you have to do checkups and repair if necessary...

...and so on...

Some of this things can be solved withing minutes, some take days. It's perfectly normal.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

I'm still curious about the planes though, surely there has to be some news on all those incidents instead of Jon Gosselin and Kate

Aircraft accident: involves personal injury usually involving death or hospitalization.

Aircraft incident: involves damage to the aircraft during operations affecting its flight worthiness.

These FAA definitions are rather lengthy and complicated so these are only generalizations.

I noticed there were 2 accidents in my state of Alaska recently but I hadn't heard of either.

new topics

top topics

join