It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Up, This is Not a Test, Ominous Signals

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
on october 4th when isreal makes up its mind on attacking iran im going to go up north to my 2nd home underground for vacation. ill listen to the radio and t.v and watch the weeks outcomes.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
OH COME ON. In his pep talk to the students he said "maybe you can invent that new vaccine" or something similar (but with the same meaning) to that, nothing about getting a vaccine. ANOTHER thing is that many presidents before have done the whole "stay in school" pep talk, maybe not at this level, but did it nonetheless. I don't get the controversy behind the whole speech... Pffft

[edit on 9/9/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MoothyKnight

Then you probably simply don't get how a child hangs on every word and how they innately want to fit in and be good and do what they associate with being the right thing to do, how rules and structure matter to them i coming to terms with desires like being loved, being accepted, being important.

If making Vaccines is good and making medicines is good than taking them is good too.

It's association, "well I can't make a vaccine, but vaccines are GOOD so if I take them than I am GOOD too.... the president said so.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RocketScientist

This is little off topic but WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH HOMOSEXUALS?

I have found, being "gay" myself that those that shout with the loudest voices are the ones hiding their little secret behind a wife and children while the "boyfriend" is waiting at the love shack!
GAY AND PROUD!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Are you referring to this statement?

Pissed? What do YOU think is going to happen next? Clergy can't legally preach against homosexuality, Congress is selling seats to the highest bidder, Israel is building settlements on the west bank, Abudinejad thinks he's the 12th Amim & Obama has yet to invade Pakistan (as stated) to go after Bin Laden.. yeah rig

That doesn't scream that he hates homos, it only states that government has gone so far as making a sexual preference a protected class, and dictated to clergy what they can or cannot preach about it!! Even for a homo, that has to be pretty scary!?

I don't hate people of any sexual orientation or pervasion, but I don't think they need to be legally protected the same as disabled people, and I don't think the government has any business taking a position on it one way or another! And this is from someone that thinks Gays should be allowed in the military! In other words, homosexuals should not be singled out one way or another, they shouldn't be excluded or protected, as being Gay is not some type of disability or affliction, it is simply sexual lifestyle!

Hope that wasn't off topic, it is relavent to the government meddling in our personal lives, and allowing Political Correctness to add another straw to this camel that is already stressed to the breaking point!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I don't know about Jones but I disagree with you about Obama. He's got to be in on it. Maybe Jones and Sheen are trying to distract us or discredit us, but nobody believes us anyway so any attention on this is going to wake sheeple up so it doesn't seem likely.
Running into the country side won't do any good if too many do it. But millions of people are counting on somebody? to stop the jaugernaut. There are so many beautiful angelic people like three hundred million just in our country, five or six billion across the globe who don't deserve this. Running and hiding doesn't defeat the enemy. Know the truth and the truth will set you free is the CIA motto. I don't believe this is the end of the world. They can roll the heavens up like a scroll sounds a lot like HAARP. But there is also something about a millinium rule. Maybe we have another thousand years. Maybe we reverse things this time and throw the enemy out. George Washington was supposed to have had a vision at Valley Forge where he saw the American people put out of their houses but in the end, & with angelic help, they got the victory. They can't pull this off without deceiving a lot of minions who are not in on it. At the time of the Cuba Missile crisis they were determined to nuke us. They will probably use nukes on some of us. Brzezinski said it is easier to kill a million people then to control a million people. Funny, we can rule ourselves in a lot larger numbers then that as long as we stay away from diebold type ballot machines.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by m khan

Heading to the woods is by no means running away! It is a regrouping, and a strategic stalling tactic!

Right now we are all numbered and categorized and monitered. We have SS# and CC# and Telephone # that can be tracked. We have GPS tied to our address, we have GPS in our cars, and our phones! We are sitting ducks!!

To effectively counter the aggression of TPTB, we have to "opt out" of their system. Stop using credit, use cash or barter! Stop "upgrading" your electronics and cable subscriptions every year! Stop trading your vehicle in every 3 years. Stop throwing away perfectly good clothes, or furniture, or dishes. Stop buying groceries from mass merchandisers, and start by local stuff. Stop seeing the doctors for every ache and pain, and learn to eat healthier and exercise, stretch, drink plenty of water, get massages! Stop buying prescriptions to keep you awake and put you to sleep and control your appetite and keep you regular! Start eating better and disciplining yourself to get the same results without meds!!

Instead of watching American Idol (with Ellen Degeneres?), and instead explore your neighborhood! Find the streams and reservoirs and ponds. Find the woods, weeds, and edible plants! Lay outside and watch the birds and the squirrels! Take your family into nature instead of into the house! Get some mosquito bites, they are educational!!

My wife used to freak out about mosquitos or fleas or weeds, she also used to have asthma and several prescriptions, now she has bug bites and scrapes and bruises, but no asthma, no allergies, and no doctor visits!!

"Bugging Out" can start today, and it isn't running away, it is strategizing and finding out you can make it just fine when TSHTF!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Sorry about that, just it was the second time that I read that same line on ATS today and having grown up being discriminated against all my life was/am a bit touchy and just felt that there are a lot more important things to worry about than the clergy not being allowed to preach against homosexuality.
Living in Africa one may feel quite sheltered from what is happening in the States and the rest of the world but boy this whole thing getting seriously scary! And here there is lots of space to run to if TSHTF but the problem will inevitably be lack of water and I have no idea how to solve the problem should it become a long term thing! I am getting very nervous!
Thanks to all, especially MOPUS, I have read the entire thread and will continue to do so even though it makes me feel quite ill!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I like your style! My thoughts exaclty! We have been "practising" by spending so much time camping and in the woods already, that we actually RESENT having to go home!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
S&F. Read your entire post. You hit a lot of nails directly on their little heads. Just the kind of stuff I've been thinking. I don't know about biological attack, but something is definitely going to happen. I recommend everyone obtain hard copies of survival tactics and tips, if you don't already have the skills. If we really are attacked, you won't be able to go on the internet any time and "google" what you should do.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Speaking of being ready..

I have found this guy, aka "the general", a good source of info... apparently he is a retired US military General. He too thinks something not good is on the horizon.

He discusses being ready to recognize NASA tech & DOD black ops

"Post Collapse USA War Death & Destruction 10/11"
www.youtube.com...

"Our country is dying what are your convictions and response to coming critical incidents martial law"
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by RocketScientist

This is little off topic but WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH HOMOSEXUALS?

I have found, being "gay" myself that those that shout with the loudest voices are the ones hiding their little secret behind a wife and children while the "boyfriend" is waiting at the love shack!
GAY AND PROUD!

reply to post by wiser3

Out of all that, you picked up on (and obviously take issue with) the one thing you are most sensitive about...??? then, you try to make that into something I have not said, implied or even remotely suggested???

If your hypersensitivity to your assumed right to outwardly practice, preach, and or exploit homosexuality extend beyond yourself to such degree that you impose (or superimpose) it on others, then you are probably "WHY" unconstitutional law gets passed that limits what religion can or cannot practice or teach and "THAT" is not only unconstitutional and a direct insult to the first amendment right to freedom of religion, It is anti-American.

...but, in answer to your off hand (and off topic) remarks flaming me for including this new legal restriction among a list of concerns undermining peoples trust in Government, I consider it "valid" because I have personally been presented with the genuine concerns of clergy who are now under new unconstitutional legal restrictions and certainly object to the infringement, as do the patrons of that congregation.

Personally, I couldn't care less wether you are homosexual or homolexical. What I "DO" object to, madam, is any notion that you think you have a constitutional right to impose it in Religion, Education, Governement, or usurp Community standards where Sodomy can still get you jailed, fined and possibly murdered by people who view your minority sexual preference as a social sickness and a perversion to main stream moral values.

Here in this forum, you have no logical or ethical right to imply your sexual preferences are shared by me or anyone else who disagrees with the lifestyle simply because they CHOOSE to see to it the 1st Amendment isn't trampled upon by malcontents on the sidelines claiming they are gay, proud of it, and then bashing anyone who decides their brand of society and government has overstepped its rights or acceptable limitations.

But Congratulations on your advocacy for the destruction of the most important document in Human history. ...and please, when the $h!zz!t hits the Fizzan... dont stand too close to anyone I care about. Most of my friends will be running well equipped safe houses and base compounds during the reorganization of society after people have finally had enough.

Advice: While we are packing dry goods, stocking fuel and ammo, and planning our recovery, I would like you to loot as many adult bookstores as you possibly can. This solves three problems at once: 1) it lets us know you aren't going to be sneaking up in the dark trying to steal food, 2) it makes sure that establishment keeps its most satisfied customers, and 3) when the power goes out, you'll probably get beat to death at radio shack over your romantic quest for new batteries... Maglights or dildoes...which one you think is going to win?

...So you think there are "more important things to worry about" than wether or not the clergy get the first amendment ripped out from under them while the "Freedom of Speech" and "Freedom to practice religion" suffers at your own expense??? wow...

QUESTION (for the rest of our visitors) : What does it take to finally PISS YOU OFF ENOUGH TO ACT?

ADVICE: Prepare now. Wont be time to prepare when FEMA moves in & sets up its "safe zones" documenting, disarming, & tracking everyone entering and leaving the cities.

WARNING: No cell phones (GPS)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Amen. Star bro.

Got the flat bottom painted cammo and loaded on the truck today. Picked up 12 cases of Ramen noodles LOL and some more batteries. At least this "flaming hijack bait" reminded me to hit the battery aisle one more time. Kids all got sleeping bags now and my 15 yr old now owns a purty new 12 ga.

Does anybody have a good remedy for unclogging the orifice on a Coleman dual fuel ?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If it weren't for Alex Jones, I would not be here writing this, I'd probably still be in La-La-Land, he woke me up. However I don't really know what's going on with him right now, but I don't think he's a disinfo agent.

And yes, something is going to happen soon. All of us can feel it, most simply ignore it, even here in Finland.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

There are lesbian rangers? I want to be one! Well, I'm bisexual, will they still take me?

starrr

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I never thought of it that way with Alex. I've also wondered after posting the day after that incident happened, why would he do something like that. By saying it was an accident and not getting the information out in time saying it was a theoretical exchange between Obama and Sheen, would have and did open him up as a fraud to the people who hate him. He more than others should know that things like this can easily discredit the messenger and the message. You may be right, something may be ready to pop this fall, And I think it will be financial under the cover of the "pandemic". I've heard stories about embassies being told to buy local currency, enough for one year. I've heard stories about bank holidays to be put into effect this fall sometime by region (which doesn't stop a run because if one region is in bank holiday then everybody and their mother will be running to the banks not in holiday to draw money out). I witnessed a scene that you hopefully can find or google it from the whitehouse. Where they where shooting that NBC special inside the Whitehouse and the economic advisors came in to talk to Obama while the cameras where on and he asked them about the German situation. They said it's okay etc. etc., but some cue must have been given to the president and he asked for the cameras to leave in order to talk with Merkel and his advisors. Word was that Germany was demanding it's gold back (google it). And then there's the massive burial pits that are being made on bases and on restricted property for "War casualities". If it's a regular war, a country (especially ours) won't mass bury our own soldiers. The only reason you do that is if there is a mass of dead civilians that need to go into the ground. And then there was that incident with the Japanese individuals that tried to sneek into Switzerland with 134 Billion Dollars in Bonds in 500 million dollar increments. They where let go without a good explanation (for one the US govt. would have wanted those individuals to see who may or may not be making "fake bonds". And two why would they be let go if they where fake as the news filings are saying). Something is about to implode this fall and Obama may have been told once he got into office WHATS REALLY THE SITUATION in the US.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

The "survivalist types" that don't see your value are the same guys that will die first lol

All full of piss and vinegar and loaded up with guns...

I don't even keep a gun nor do I see the need to...

You know why?

Because if it gets that ugly, I will stay under the bed for the first 60 minutes walk outside and pick some up off the bodies of those that started shooting first
when your neighbor has 6 guns and 2 hands That means he has 4 guns laying around loaded for you to shoot him with when he looses his mind.

You don't want to be around those "survivalists" they are a suicide squad...

...and you will die in your house with the other sheep

5 things you are going to need to survive;

Food (Including Iodine tabs), Fuel (Including batteries), Ammo (For the guns you think you do not need), Radio (For news about the recovery or where to move to next) & Money (to buy your way out of a @$$ whippin when I decide I'm going to take everything you got if mine is runs low)
When this stuff finally goes ballistic, You are going to need to move fast, by vehicle if possible. Staying mobile is useful when you consider that the FEDS will be mobile. Getting to you on foot should only be necessary if they figure out where you set up camp. By then its too late. Drive to a location where you ditch the vehicle so it wont be discovered for months or years. Boat ramps are great... (Hint: Rule #1 Never tell, don't be seen from the air, stay off trails)

Food will be a trade-off depending where you go or what you are willing to compromise. Fishing is easily concealable from banks. Boats better have a motor to get off the water fast & be prepared to ditch it permanently. Gonna eat fish til you die? Hunting requires game & exposure. Bow hunting is silent but requires a certain degree of skill. Pack food in. At least enough to get you through the trip & set up. Once you get a camp established, foraging for supplies is NOT limited to picking berries & praying for rainwater to fill up your scavenger. In case you wonder how to collect water when you are out of Iodine tabs or can't trust anything else, Check out a simple remedy ->www.youtube.com...

Stay dry. Stay fed, and stay out of sight. Routine patrols of your area (half mile perimeter if possible) will reinforce your confidence in that spot or provoke your next move. Step lightly. Do not leave broken branches and trampled vegetation leading right into your camp. Taking care with this might mean the difference between discovery and confrontation.

Keep ammo dry. DO NOT put ammo in plastic bags unless you are certain those bags remain air tight. IF they even get a pinhole your ammo gets wet and becomes unreliable. Same with igniters, lighters. matches etc.

Take trash bags. Not to clean up but to keep kindling dry for fire and water collection if that becomes necessary. Bury your trash away from camp. 'coons can wreck your stockpile. Trapping is silent and does not require your presence. Same with a trot line or jug fishing.

Take cammo tarp or cammo netting if you need to conceal your lean to or tents. Can be acquired after you get set up. I advise against natural concealment using branches as this is easily spotted by someone specifically looking for you. It also requires frequent maintenance.

Weapons...hahaha a big misassumption when I go camping. Everybody thinks the gun is for the critters. In '94 I went camping & had a guy walk right into my camp & start going through my stuff, not realizing I was taking a piss a short distance away, he backs out of my tent turns around looking down the business end of a .300 WinMag NEVER GO INTO THE WOODS WITHOUT PACKIN. NEVER!

Keep it CLEAN AND OILED!

-Old Soldier

YES (YOU CAN) www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Some of us have nowhere to go.

As for stockpiling that's all good and fine but with some of the recent legislation, your stockpiles can be confiscated by our government just because they think it will do better on their shelf than yours.

S&F for the acumen and preadmonishment, though.

What you need to do is to buy some drain pipes that have threaded ends and buy end caps with seals. Fill the drain pipe with your survival seeds, food, medical kit, et al and maybe a gun or two with ammo and don't forget reloading equipment with gun powder. Like in computers you need a back up. Well this backs up you BOB in case it is taken by anyone for any reason.

This pipe must be water tight and you need to bury it somewhere safe and from neighbours peering eyes....

You can do one for can goods and other food stuffs.

If the SHTF and government / hungry mobs hit your house you have a bank to dig up when it is safe to do. Don't forget other usual items that would go into your BOB and you might as well place a bottle of your favourite hooch as you might need a drink if you have the need to recover your stash.

I served in the USArmy 1970 - 1976 and this is what I have done. I have moved from the Bay Area to the country, all the way to England in the South West far from what I would call a city.

I just hope none of us will ever need to dig this up....

I have SnF this thread...

Thank you to all ATS members who give us information as one can never have enough intel....

[edit on 9/10/2009 by IceHappy]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

You may be right, something may be ready to pop this fall, And I think it will be financial under the cover of the "pandemic". I've heard stories about embassies being told to buy local currency, enough for one year. I've heard stories about bank holidays to be put into effect this fall sometime by region (which doesn't stop a run because if one region is in bank holiday then everybody and their mother will be running to the banks not in holiday to draw money out). I witnessed a scene that you hopefully can find or google it from the whitehouse. Where they where shooting that NBC special inside the Whitehouse and the economic advisors came in to talk to Obama while the cameras where on and he asked them about the German situation. They said it's okay etc. etc., but some cue must have been given to the president and he asked for the cameras to leave in order to talk with Merkel and his advisors. Word was that Germany was demanding it's gold back (google it). Something is about to implode this fall and Obama may have been told once he got into office WHATS REALLY THE SITUATION in the US.

I googled it Hog ... I came up with remixxworld.blogspot.com...

...and I think (looking back) every president for the past 10 elections has mysteriously changed his tune once he took office. Go figure.... It all looks like a cake walk out there on the campaign trail, making promises they cannot keep but, once Scotty pins that pretty little congressional communicator pin on their Lapel, the man calling the shots gets to name the party favors...

Obama was going to shut down Gitmo....didn't happen. Obama was going to Pull troops out of Iraq in 3 months...didn't happen. Not only did he NOT do away with the patriot act, he moved Internet traffic thru filters at the White House level... Now its gone from the threat of Spying on Americans, to crawling up your browser's back door with his propeller beanie strapped on... I'm still waiting to see if he thinks invading Pakistan is such a bright idea...LOL

Watching that last ditch plea for more support on Health Care Reform last night was amusing. ONE MAN out of the entire house had the balls to say what the rest of us are out here screaming at the TV. ...and they pulled down his site this morning. The corruption is sickening. Dems wont even let Reps bring amendments to the bill. People see this happen and then hear the moron lie to their face.

Yet Blago gets busted selling a congressional seat to the highest bidder and has the arrogance to demand a spot on a TV reality show so he can still pay his bills wile serving out his sentence...OMG to him its business as usual...

Oh I'm sure they get "educated" right after they swear to defend what they promised to destroy. Dick Cheney was right. After he took office Obama got an eye full and an ear full... Those things are in place for a reason, and the Iraq conditions on the ground determined the course of action, not one man's politics. It will be the same with the economy. Obama can preach high hopes all he wants, but, people are investing according to their level of confidence in the markets, not their confidence in a junior senator's ability to straighten it all out in one term.

.. Hog bro, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this fall the world bank collapses (because there is no bailout guarantor greater) and the deadline is a deadline to be paying up and we aint got the money, gold or even enough contracts or deeds to settle up. After 8 years of war, the massive bailouts, and unemployment at 10%... we're lucky to be able to make payroll.

Peace thru assured mutual destruction! We tried it....hey, it works!
(Imagine Obama sitting there staring at that red button)

Civil or Global?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceHappy

What you need to do is to buy some drain pipes that have threaded ends and buy end caps with seals. Fill the drain pipe with your survival seeds, food, medical kit, et al and maybe a gun or two with ammo and don't forget reloading equipment with gun powder. Like in computers you need a back up. Well this backs up you BOB in case it is taken by anyone for any reason.

This pipe must be water tight and you need to bury it somewhere safe and from neighbours peering eyes....

You can do one for can goods and other food stuffs.

If the SHTF and government / hungry mobs hit your house you have a bank to dig up when it is safe to do. Don't forget other usual items that would go into your BOB and you might as well place a bottle of your favourite hooch as you might need a drink if you have the need to recover your stash.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by IceHappy]

Outstanding! [Star for you bro]

I would even go as far as suggesting it might be wise to Store things like, machine oil, wax, epoxy, wire ties, a first aid kit and fishing line.

Basic walking pack (waist pack or fanny pack) and a heavy pack (frame pack) should contain certain items you keep with you and keep stocked at all times. Hopefully you have enough sense not to purchase or steal the pretty florescent designer hot pink one with the purple candy stripes. (This is no time to make a fashion statement.)

Good footgear is a must. Lose the lowcut sneakers and velcroe. A bootlace might save your life and over the ankle means you are 90% less likely to pick up a foot injury, sprain, snakebite or poison. Steel toe too heavy for most people preference of hiking boot, but thats what I'm used to wearing.
Full leather. Forget the fake vinyl, heels, and simulated garbage. Your feet gotta breathe to stay dry and footpowder is top on the list of heavy pack items.

I pack two packs for two modes of travel for some very sensible reasons. My heavy pack only gets opened up once or twice a day and I usually stash it up on a tree branch when I'm only going to be moving on a patrol or a recon, returning shortly. If I'm relocating or moving for several hours, I "might" take the heavy pack depending on food, fire, or need of tools.

If I'm going to be out stashing stockpile canisters, I'm only going to be gone a short time and the fanny pack with a collapsible entrenching tool (Preferably belt mounted) is sufficient. Canisters can be tied with rope and slung over a shoulder in pairs. I would bury them in pairs. If one fails, you have a backup at that location. If neither fails, rebury the unused one in case you need to return.

(Tested) 8" length of Sched 40 PVC 6" (I glued end cap on one end and wax sealed a cap on the other) will hold a Baretta 9mm, two clips, 1 box of 20 rounds, a 4" Lock Blade, a sewing kit, a pint of Old #7, a magnifying glass, two bic lighters, 1 leatherman, a fishing kit, a roll of gauze, a roll of Gauze tape, and a fresh pair of socks stuffed on both ends to keep things snug. If you are wise, you will seal the cap with wax and lay plastic on top of but not wrapped around the canister before burying it. It weighs about 6 pounds

Wax seems to help getting it back open again (I had to get a hammer the first time to get it back open again) and I'm guessing its a good seal (It floats in the sink LOL). PVC is stubborn. But the only way I could get threaded end caps would be to use threaded adapters glued on with thread caps and if I do that, the pistol wont fit. The Baretta is a $100 gun. I got two, one older, so I will stash those. I'm going to make 6 more of these tomorrow. If they were all with threaded adapters, it would jack the price three times as high as the adapters are about 4 bucks each. End caps are cheap and I already got 30' of 6" pipe. I think Im going to load one with Jack Links jerky LOL (we been stocking canned goods for six months now)

6" threaded 1" iron nipples with waxed end caps & Pyrodex

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join