It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did i get a U2U to Digg the Alex Jones hoax story?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
First of all Digg is a joke and hasn't had anything other than garbage on the front page for over a year.

Secondly i never get U2U about any other story. Even if its massively important like Baxter contaminating flu vaccines or Banker takeovers or any of the other numerous NWO controlled events.

Instead i get one about Alex Jones. Why does ats think that discrediting Alex is so important that everyone needs a U2U to digg the story.

If this was done regularly with various storie that affects lives then i would understand but its Alex Jones for crying out loud why the extra effort.

Surely they can't think that the dangers of vaccines is of less importance than Alex Jones or Military Contractors forcing their new recruits to engage in gay orgies for promotions and all at our expense is less important than Alex Jones?

Did everyone at ATS get this U2U? If so why is this an exceptional story versus all the others that have been on the site?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i got that, but was confused so ignored it ..

i thought it was trying to save Alex jones for whatever he done..?

i was clearly wrong...lol, where do i click ..he deserves it, he is in the same class of people as blossom goodchild,making money by scaring people and offering hope rant over...

i did wonder about that message, im going to re read .

edit _ i have re read , i dont think the message is aiming at discrediting him, more making people that dont know that this was NOT a real interview,. as if people hear what they think is a real interview, by their countries leader, and its really a hoax... people might do stupid things for no reason, or the wrong reason.

i say spam it, i never liked him lmao, i think discrediting him here is just a side effect of people trying to make ppl aware what he broadcast was bullsh+t

[edit on 8-9-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
not sure my friend, but seeing as i dont have a digg account and dont feel like making one i naturally opted out

ive personally never been on digg once in my life lol

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Whether you agree or not you can't possibly think that its the most important story of the year because its the only U2U i have ever received to digg a story.

Smells of agenda.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Beefcake]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
They have infiltrated.

line two

Line 3: Adding "line two" doesn't make your post any less of a 1-liner.
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yes! this is kind of weird!

Baxter contaminating flu vaccines is more important than this story!

But!..... as you know! never waste a good crises!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

(i edited while you replied)

i agree with you ....... its deffinitelly not the most important diggable story ever ...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well it was pretty self explantory.

It was to make sure that members of ATS were aware of the BS that he pulled today on our community at large.

Not just ATS but truthers around the world who look to Alex Jones in order to be our "spokes person".

As much as we don't want him to be, he is.

And by doing what he did today, he made us ALL look like a bunch of morons.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Probably because people like that crock Alex Jones who come up with so blatant hoaxes make all of us on here look like complete idiots that have no actual grip on what is real and what is fantasy. It needed to be took care of by the largest Alt site in the world, ATS, the word that it was a hoax needed to get out ASAP. We are already looked at as a joke by many, non-important by most, and serious by few. We need to show that we do not respect nor support such outrageous hoaxes. My two cents anyways...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake

Whether you agree or not you can't possibly think that its the most important story of the year because its the only U2U i have ever received to digg a story.

There's an irony in there somewhere ... I hope you find it.

My understanding is that an ATS member had in fact saved the original page on Infowars before AJ added the disclaimer. At the time most around the web were still thinking it was real. I assume ATS admin wanted to get the word out as to the facts as quickly and broadly as possible.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Smells of agenda.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Beefcake]

Everyone has an agenda at some point, you make it sound like that can only be a bad thing.

I find it amusing how people oversimplify situations on here with accusations of the govt. infiltrating ats with spies with their "agenda", just because they disagree with something or they haven't yet figured out what just happened, and many times to others its obviously apparent what happened or is happening.

This digg idea was to discredit a hoaxer, and what can be bad about that! He was a hoaxer, there's no denying that. Just like Blossom Goodchild, we need to prevent repeats of idiotic hoaxers receiving unjust attention once they've been proven hoaxes. It's not like the threads didn't have their story for a little while anyway - full of hopeful people!!!

[edit on 8-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Seems as though this is the ATS way. Its not about the REAL stories, its about the distractions.

Honestly, this is just an attempt by ATS to gain some recognition by calling out another well known conspiracy theorist.

The other thing I have noticed here is that no one can seem to decide whether to call this hoax or not. Ive seem thread titles changing all day, from "event" to "hoax" and back and so again.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Only been here a day and you know all about ATS eh?

I'm sorry but don't insult this place for attempting to educate people on a blatant misuse of our community and truthers at large.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

There's an irony in there somewhere ... I hope you find it.

My understanding is that an ATS member had in fact saved the original page on Infowars before AJ added the disclaimer. At the time most around the web were still thinking it was real. I assume ATS admin wanted to get the word out as to the facts as quickly and broadly as possible.

I have never gotten U2U to digg a story ever. Is this the most important story ATS has covered all year?

Or did they just get a Digg account?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I'm sorry but don't insult this place for attempting to educate people on a blatant misuse of our community and truthers at large.

~Keeper

Remember that new members can often read for a while before joining.

The so-called truthers on many issues are just a mass of confusion without substance most of the time. ATS isn't really such a complicated place to get to know.

It's also common for people to react emotionally too much of the time, and feel offended at slight criticism, when it is usually warranted when they don't post any suitable sources or other suitable evidence.

That's not to say there aren't useful discussions going on, but I would guess no more than 20-30% being within that range.

Quite often threads echo mass media hysteria and posters will echo such sentiments which can often be shown to be logical fallacies.

Then there's the threads on 9/11 truth and religion, where it's basically no more than "I'm right because I believe it to be so" attitude. I'm glad there are still many rational folks who counter those quite well in an educated manner.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I have never gotten U2U to digg a story ever.

There has been at least two others that I can recall. One was our thread on the FBI investigation into the counterfeit routers (made in China) getting into secure computer networks.

While DIGG.com is not the site it used to be for distributing interesting Internet culture items, it can still be very useful in some areas... such as raising the awareness of that FBI story above, resulting in an NYT front-page story, and a press release from the FBI addressing the concerns originated on ATS.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Obviously its a slow news day and we are going to run with Alex.

The president must have given a good speech.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Keeper

1st-So because I just registered this screenname I cant have been on ats for a while?

2nd-this site is home to 1000's of lurkers who know it well.

3rd-I have been an ATS user far longer than your account states you have.

4th-Explain then, why ATS is trying to get their name attached to calling something a hoax on other sites like digg when Jones himself openly says this is not real?

5th-I didn't insult anyone. If you took it that way, that is your own shortcoming. ATS is a business. The goal is to get more users. Attaching your name to things on other sites that will get viewed is marketing, pure and simple.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
It needed to be took care of by the largest Alt site in the world, ATS, the word that it was a hoax needed to get out ASAP. We are already looked at as a joke by many, non-important by most, and serious by few. We need to show that we do not respect nor support such outrageous hoaxes. My two cents anyways...

Ahh! I see! - that makes sense!

Thanks for the clarification!

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You get thousands of stories a month and this story is most worth the mass U2U i still don't understand?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join