It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

war with aliens aftermath

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Zorgon, what we have is impressive to us but to them (YOU KNOW WHO COUGH, COUGH) the words they call our weapons are:

""""""" TINKER TOYS """"""

Maybe but my blowgun still kills

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by krystalice by triggering the lovely red button, destined to ignite on our very own soil

Bad idea the radiation kills them too and Plutonium 239 has a half life of 24,100 years

The ground beneath the Nevada test site is so saturated and they worry about leaks from Yucca Mountain?
Foolish Hu-mans

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Why do they need our resources?

Water? The Universe is full of water... even our own solar system... Enceladus is a huge ball of water and no one to bother them

Minerals? heck those too are all over the galaxy

Human slaves? Well... maybe... or maybe we taste good with Andromedan BBQ sauce

Actually I was thinking more of the plant and animal life, possibly even oceanic life/plants/

Since if they were working to destroy us, most likely we were not the resource they were looking for.

Hmm, coming here for our water, reminds me of the horrid Sci-Fi mini series "V", although alien lizards coming to earth does sound vaguely familiar . . . . .

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage the horrid Sci-Fi mini series "V", although alien lizards coming to earth does sound vaguely familiar . . . . .

Maybe it wasn't sci fi

[edit on 12-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
"All, right.. Who's next... come on... come one... put em up, put em up..."
- Cowardly Lion (Wizard of Oz)

If we pursue that role (War) it will turn out just like in the old west... Some other gun slinger will come into town looking for a gun fight...

Just like the sci-fi shows.... We think the Klingon's are the bad guys... but holy smoke batman... whats that cube coming our way...

Or... in StarGate...

Woohoo, we beat the Guald (or however it is spelled), but great... here come the Wraith now... ok, beat them... oh oh, now its the Ori....

One of my favorite shows... Battlefield Earth w/ John Travolta... If there is a war, I suspect it would be similar to this show.

But I t hink the spoils of war remain the same no matter who your fighting... Technology, Money, Superiority... but probably a few headaches as well...

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think the assumption that since since aliens can travel all this way to earth would mean that they would win a war against us is not necessarily correct.

Why are they on Earth? If it was an invasion it would most likely be to harvest resources. It would be very hard to beat all of humanity. It would all depend on why the Aliens are coming.

A) If aliens were coming with an attack force to invade Earth and win a war we would most likely see them coming for a while, especially if they are looking for resources on earth, it would incline that they are more like us if they need similar resources. Because we could see them coming we would have time to prepare and study what is coming at us. Humanity is great at adapting quickly, which is why we are the dominant species right now. I think the Aliens would have to have a way to take all of humanity out quickly. If they are unable to, it is very likely the war could end with a stalemate (we would call it a victory but it would be most likely that we force them to leave)

B) I would think that since aliens that could come here are so technologically advanced, why would they bother with earth? Its kinda like humans walking down a sidewalk passing an anthill. Do the ants know whats going on? no. But the humans don't really pay much mind to the ants. Sure we could raid there nest and steal their resources but thats kinda ridiculous.

Thats my two bits. And this is my first post so Yay! lol

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I really like threads like these, they make you think!

Anyway my theory is this:

If Aliens attacked us and we won the coming war, we would have to work tirelessly to reverse engineer their technology so we can achieve FTL speeds.. and if we came in contact with a say a benevolent species we may attack them without provocation because of our first contact experience.

But to be honest I don't see how victory would be possible against a more technology advanced foe, if they came here to wage war (unbeknownst to us) they would know exactly where to hit us whether that be our communications or central government to send the military command chain into disarray... to anyone who has played Half-Life 2 the Seven Hour War would be a very likely scenario here.

A very scary thought, indeed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join