It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

war with aliens aftermath

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

I figure, if an alien race DID want to war with us, it'd be for something like natural resources - not for some Borge-esque view of total dominance.

Don't forget a pre-emptive strike.

Eventually we might become more trouble than we're worth, especially if we start to become a threat.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
It's funny to think of the possibilities ... but let's just assume the ability of an alien nation (so-called) reptilians or grey's to telepathicaly influence the most valuable person's finger by triggering the lovely red button, destined to ignite on our very own soil

La Victory.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I see it this way, we as a society have increased our potential for destructive weapons which we are getting better at vs our potential for space travel which is no where near where it could be.

If the “Advanced Aliens” reach us and start a fight it is possible that the opposite happened on their planet, where as they put more effort in space technology instead of weapons, therefore they might not be as advanced as people think in the area of weapons technology. If this were true, they might be no match for us.

If we won the war, it is possible the only tech that would improve is our space flight tech and possibly computer tech.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
I see it this way, we as a society have increased our potential for destructive weapons which we are getting better at vs our potential for space travel which is no where near where it could be.

If the “Advanced Aliens” reach us and start a fight it is possible that the opposite happened on their planet, where as they put more effort in space technology instead of weapons, therefore they might not be as advanced as people think in the area of weapons technology. If this were true, they might be no match for us.

If we won the war, it is possible the only tech that would improve is our space flight tech and possibly computer tech.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by AlienCarnage]

I like your take on this. That way it's plausible for humanity to actually have a solid "win". As compared to the ten years of struggle and than destruction soon after (Which to me doesn't seem like any kind of win.)

I really wish we would take the Aliens lead and go with the advancing space travel approach instead of the advancing weapons approach.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Most people don't consider two factors in WHY we can't traverse the galaxy/universe. It takes us too long, longer than our lifespans allow, and our fuels/technologies are not there.

Just because 'they' got here, doesn't mean it didn't take a long time for them to arrive. At the same time, wherever they are coming from, they may have a lighter, better fuel than we use.

If we did win, the only perk would be that perhaps we wouldn't get attacked again. I guess it would depend how well we fared. I think we would do alright, considering the military is testing 100KW lasers to mount on jets and use as AA weaponry.

Consider that a 10KW laser can burn through human flesh. 100KW may as well melt steel, or vaporize it haha who knows.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If hollywood has taught us anything its that the undog always wins
you cant argue with that logic XD

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amalgam
Well if we go with the "space pirate" idea then it's not necessary. For all we know it could be likened to a bunch of teenagers driving around in a car shooting at people with a paint ball gun.

That argument would also work for Crop Circle Graffiti

But if we go with the "Advanced alien civilization declares war on humanity" approach I think it would be a safe bet to assume they have more advanced weapons technology then us.

Well in Klingons vs Humans vs Romulans we are pretty evenly matched

Of course that would require knowledge of our secret NAVY space fleet
But those rail guns we have are pretty impressive

And we do have some pretty decent particle beams out there. THis one is made by the car parts company TRW

Though it's possible that originally they were a peaceful alien race and had never seen a need for weapons technology and only made it as a direct response to there need of a way to acquire this planet successfully. (This hypothesis would support our being able to 'win' such a war.)

They were peaceful until they started seeing our old TV episodes and HG Wells "War of the Worlds"
Hitler's storm troupers are in that time frame as well as is the US nuking two cities...

So they are probably more than a little concerned about us monkeys right now

Kinda like this invasion?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Man i have to repeat this a thousand times:

We will never be invaded by aliens!! We will never be invaded by aliens!!If aliens wanted to invade, why wait until we have atomic nucleair bombs, Star Wars defend system etc etc.

We will be invaded. Governments will say we are invaded by aliens. But that will be a lie. Just as 911 was a lie. If we ever get "invaded" it will be by humans posing as aliens, or holograms.

By the way, if you, as a specie, have not overcome your desire to command and qonquer, you will not be given access to interstellar travel and communications.
It is my belief that this is a cosmic law and a cosmic law can not be broken.
This is also the reason we cant even get our men to Mars.

If every specie can develop technology for interstellar space travel the universe and our precious milky way galaxy would be crawling with aliens wanting to invade Earth and enslave the human race. Instead there are only reports of races that are benevolent and want to help us.

Try to see it as a videogame.. when you spiritually advance or evolve towards a race that only has peace and love in mind you will unlock things, like interstellar space travel for example.

I am not saying this is truth. I am however saying that if you think logical this is the only conclusion you can make. For example, there are hundreds of thousands of sightings but no one ever got attacked. What did happen sometimes was a UFO showing up which disabled rockets and nucleair bombs.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by krystalice
Please, this is not possible by any remote chance that we would win a batle against a civilization who is possibly 10000000 years older then us.

Are you saying that just because you watched this episode of Star Trek #50?

Data says:

They can obliterate you from orbit. You will die, never having seen the faces of your killers.

The interesting thing about this episode is, the aliens are getting ready to obliterate all human life on the planet and they aren't even evil enemies, they have signed a treaty with us!!! If this is what a race who signs a treaty with us does, then imagine what an evil enemy would do.

Yes Zorgon, the poison tipped dart from a blowgun can still kill, but it can't reach orbit and even if it could, it wouldn't be able to penetrate the attacking ship's hull!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. rock

Those interstellar/physically traveling here, are on such a level-they are the elephants, men are the ants.

When an elephant gets attacked by ants it doesn't hardly notice or bother attacking back. If the elephant chose to step on us we would get crushed within seconds.

If it was real let's just say unlike many movies out there it would make a very quick ending, there would be no need for invasion.

Like us spraying a little raid killer on insects it would be quickly over.

Bye bye.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by ET_MAN]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
They were peaceful until they started seeing our old TV episodes and HG Wells "War of the Worlds"

Yes they've seen our TV and know about our reputation of shooting first and asking questions later just like we did in the Battle of LA. They probably haven't forgiven us yet for just blasting their ship with 1500 3 inch shells before they even got a chance to say "Greetings Earthlings". And after blasting it with everything we had, we didn't even put a dent in it! Well, according to some people posting in this thread that's what happened!

Maybe the rail gun will at least put a dent in it

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
Man i have to repeat this a thousand times:

We will never be invaded by aliens!! We will never be invaded by aliens!!If aliens wanted to invade, why wait until we have atomic nucleair bombs, Star Wars defend system etc etc.

We will be invaded. Governments will say we are invaded by aliens. But that .

never is a very very long time... never say never

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Good thread.......As already stated though, orbital bombardment would be all it would take to dispatch any threat anywhere on the planet. The rest, as best case for us, would be similar to what the US is facing now in Iraq, with insurgents fighting long after the military and government was easily destroyed. To think that a civilization that can reach us, and has made the effort to reach us, does not have the ability to attack from orbit, defend itself from basic projectile weapons, 100mw lasers, or nuclear missiles is ridiculous in my opinion. Our little ABL, or even al of the few we have, is nothing compared to what even our own scientist know is possible with things like particle beams, anti-matter, etc. Not to mention how I highly doubt an advanced interstellar craft would be capable of being penetrated by projectiles or high powered lasers.

They would likely have force fields (like we are already working on) and/or a super strong alloy hull like nothing we could imagine. The only hope we would have IMO is either help from another race or if we really do have super black things like powerful particle beams, starcruisers, shields, advanced bombs, orbital defenses etc. So if all we really have is the space shuttle then we are screwed IMO. Fortunately I think we have much more than that, as well backing by other species. Either way, I am pretty sure that if an interstellar civilization exists (which I think many d0) then they would have weapons we can not even dream of in all likelyhood.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Not at all, I never watched or honestly liked those type of movies to even consider quoting anything from them. I am only saying with speculation using the word 'possibly', that is if aliens have had existed in the first place.

At the end of the day, we have far too many problems on our planet to ever consolidate or form a united earthly space-defense-force. And for god sake, we can't even come up with a decent space craft that can travel in stability whilst in space. The space-shuttle need's to re-tune its panel screws each time before it goes into space. Yeah, aurora TB3 and so forth, even if it did exist could it travel to the mars?

Should such alien race exist, the so called (greys, reptilians, pleadians, etc) than how can we even dream of over-powering their abilities from only a technological point of view, when we only have made capable man-space-travel (earth to moon) in the last 50 years and NASA recently mentioned the inability of their funds to support the project.

You can now quote and assume and convey and state all the so-called conspiracy theories regarding the possible high-tech-reverse-eng technologies, but at the end of the day we proudly joy our selfs with the so called discovery of an element E 115. And that is all we have thanks to our friend Bob Lazar, now you could argue to question his credibility, I sure do find him interesting though, at least.

The closest proof of saucer technology that we might accept, with further investigation is the NAZI UFO's. For god sake, look at the Adamski's ufo, back at that time, that would clearly resemble a sophisticated craft in their time-frame. But realistically, when you think about the primitive shaped designs of craft, for example the circular windows and circular edges roof tops with embedded cir-cum reference. I just don't buy it. I notice one thing, each year that follows UFO's pictures become more intelligent, more detailed, more sophisticated and it seems (to me) that we only resembles UFO technologies to the best of our ability in our possible imaginative manner during our time-frame, it's like a fashion. Do you see the picture? What we see today, 50 years later down a track we might see these things that will evolve into something more suitable to our imagination. Just like there is many members here who have a lot of experience in the field and have studied UFO phenomena since 1960's, it's 2009 now.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to say I am totally right, because end of the day all I am doing is basing my opinion just like every one else here.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by krystalice]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Here is another thought I had on this.

Why would they waste their own ammunition?

Why wouldn't they send some covert operatives down to earth, and help insight a global war in which we would destroy ourselves, maybe even help to developed biological weapons that target only people and not the planet itself. Hmm, sounds like they might already be here . . . . .

Now once man kind is wiped out with out them having to do much not even allowing their presence be noticed, aside from what their covert operatives have done, they are free to use whatever resources they wish.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by krystalice

I notice one thing, each year that follows UFO's pictures become more intelligent, more detailed, more sophisticated and it seems (to me) that we only resembles UFO technologies to the best of our ability in our possible imaginative manner during our time-frame, it's like a fashion.

Or is it possible that our current human saucer technology gets seen more and more, and when mixed with actual alien sightings, is where you get the variations?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
From the things I have been shown and told in my travels AT THIS TIME IN OUR HISTORY I don't fear any Alien Invasion why? because they can't survive on our lands there is to much Oxygen in our ATMOSPHERE however they can and do survive in the deepest of our waters and they can breathe thin air for a bit.

This Planet is protected and known as the Laboratory. We can have our wars but they will not allow us to totally destroy this Planet there Laboratory.

First off even with our "new" Laser Weapon Technology we aren't much of a threat to them. They will not fire the first shot but if they are fired upon and they feel it is a real threat to them they will fire back and that is a big mistake they don't miss.

Last tidbit I observe the chemtrails and I watch the fires destroying the Trees and if we don't stop the spraying and plant trees in mass we will kill our own Oxygen supply then......................you figure it out.

Zorgon, what we have is impressive to us but to them (YOU KNOW WHO COUGH, COUGH) the words they call our weapons are:

""""""" TINKER TOYS """"""

[edit on 10-9-2009 by observe50]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. rock

Lets look at a example like the movie Independence day.We know that movie was all science fiction,alien costumes and special effects.Just imagien for a minute that is was all true and we beat the aliens and destroyed all there ships.To thoses aliens that may have just been one alien fleet we destroyed.That species of alien may have hundreads of fleets just like the one we destroyed.They may have relised how we planted the virus and taken counter-mesures against it.They may send two fleets or even five fleets against us next time.The computer virus will not work then.At our currently level of technology we may have a small chance of defending our selfs from a direct alien invasion.We may win one battle or two but proberly will never win the war.Our world is currently under a invasion from aliens who like the indirect invasion method better.Time is on there side.It may take another 5,000 years before the alien invasion is compleat.They take over very slowly.Moving there people to earth in the thousands and hiding in underground bases until it is time to reveal themselfs to man kind.By the time the aliens do this,it will be to late for us all.They are slowly relpacing important humans with alien lookalike imposters and stay very secret and quite.There could be alien fleets in stealth mode in our orbit right now.I beleive myself the aliens were here on earth well before man arrived on earth.Earth really belongs to them.They monitor our activities and abduct our citizens when ever they want.They will never reveal themselfs to us as they mostly monitor us and do research on us all the time.In 2,000 years time when the last man leaves earth to live in the stars due to advances in space techonlogy theses same aliens will still be here hiding in there underground bases still as secret as ever.Once we are gone they will proberly say.Thank god they are gone.We have our planet to our selves again.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
if anyone thinks an alien invasion would be something like war of the worlds/ independence day theyre living in cloud cuckoo land

Any civ that has the capibility to travel here would just bombard us with weapons from orbit they wouldnt be coming down getting their hands dirty until it was safe.

Nanobot attack , chemical attack, giant lasers take your pick. You wont know anything about it before you die. They will be parked at the moon watching the destruction on their big screens while drinking coffee from their replicators. Job done

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnagethey are free to use whatever resources they wish.

Why do they need our resources?

Water? The Universe is full of water... even our own solar system... Enceladus is a huge ball of water and no one to bother them

Minerals? heck those too are all over the galaxy

Human slaves? Well... maybe... or maybe we taste good with Andromedan BBQ sauce

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join