It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

war with aliens aftermath

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
People sometimes talk about an alien invasion and talk about weapons and such but what happens if we lose but im pretty sure theres only a couple of ways that could turn out and most people now them.But what happens if we win. nobody thinks about this because nobody thinks we could win which we probably wouldnt but if we did would there be a reward. would we rule the universe or just say wow we beat aliens but what do we do now. Please refrane from using innapropriate posts.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
yeah but the general consensus is that if they can traverse the vast amount of space required to get here from "there", then their technology>>>> our technology = humans get butts kicked.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Other than a likely technological advancement...not much else would likely change.

I'll refer to an old sports analogy...It doesn't matter how good you are, there is always somebody better

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If extraterrestrials and humans end in a war and humans somehow manage to end victorious, the most likely result will be an unbelievable increase in our technology.

We would probably try to copy the alien's technology so as to benefit ourselves. The next step would be to learn from where the aliens come from; because if the humans don't try to find that out there will always be the chance the aliens will send backup and bigger weapons to crush us.

Once we learn were they live, the next step would be to carry the war to their home land and beat them with their own technology.

The ultimate price? a new home world and slaves. If they did not want such a fate then they should never have attacked us.

(I know the part about having extraterrestrials who might have been innocent as slaves is morally wrong, but this is probably the most likely result if things go this way).

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well, lets say there will an invasion in which the aliens attack without warning.
All the country's over the world go full on defense and attack maneuvers.

One month later...we Have won.

A couple of things won't be the same.

- Religion
- Science
- Skepticism on the 'we aren't alone' subject...(It bet there will still be people saying : IT WAZ TEH GUVRNMENT! )
- There will be new wars about new thing. Such as technology, and I can also image there being a lot of people rebelling against the government for lying to them all those years.
- Its also a possibility that we (humans) finally see that war on religion is just dumb and unintelligent.

So to sum it up, the global vision of the world will change, we are no longer the tiny planet in the vast darkness, on which we live and do our daily routines.
But we will be a part of the galaxy to explore and it will be accepted abroad, that we are not alone.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Solidus Green eye]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mr. rock

Very nice topic. I always wondered if the only way the aliens could get us off this rock was to destroy the rock itself. That wouldn't make much sense if they are coming here for resources. Lol from all the 'pics' I've seen I wouldn't exactly say these creatures were created for hand to hand or close quarters combat. Also the gravity thing might be too much for them to land on and traverse our grounds. I like to think that we are the hairy beasts and monsters and maybe the aliens are just scared of us savages.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mr. rock

Very nice topic. I always wondered if the only way the aliens could get us off this rock was to destroy the rock itself. That wouldn't make much sense if they are coming here for resources. Lol from all the 'pics' I've seen I wouldn't exactly say these creatures were created for hand to hand or close quarters combat. Also the gravity thing might be too much for them to land on and traverse our grounds. I like to think that we are the hairy beasts and monsters and maybe the aliens are just scared of us savages.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: S&F!

I'm quite sure if aliens invade from space and we "win", then it most likely won't us be us that "won" but instead the kudo's will go to something unexpected like bacteria or pollen etc just like in War of the Worlds!

Still human ego knows no bounds and so I'm sure spin would be placed on the win in an effort to placate any homo sapient squeemishness.

Personal Disclosure: We are already under Invasion by alien Indigo's!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I would guess there would be a major change in some aspects in society, and probably no change in others. Religion? I would imagine a snake oil salesman would crawl out from every rock trying to sell a religion with an " alien" spin on it. Politics? Hawks would have a field day, and progressives would have an easier time selling the whole " we are all in it together" theme to help get some progressive policies enacted. Congress would be busy for years with alien-oriented legislation. I think that nations would be a little more trusting of each other, and citizens of their countries would be a little more outspoken, realizing how fragile life can be. The economy? Boom, Boom, Boom...less people would mean more opportunity, and wages would be very high, as even a dishwasher would be in demand...and the new technology field would be in overdrive. But our basic human nature and frailities would continue to drive our social and domestic categories, as well as recreation.

To the idea that it would not be capable of winning, all I say is that the afghanis have been fighting for the last 7 years against a MUCH more advanced society, and they did for years sucessfully against another advanced foe before that, albeit no where near as advanced as the USA is right now. The important thing to remember is that these aliens are not traveling cosmic distances because they want to destroy us, but because they want something. They are going to do as little damage to get it as they can. If they are that advanced they surely have " doomsday " weapons" , but that would not be an option if they want this planet. Maybe that is what all the abductions are about, so they can introduce a virus or something along those lines that would take care of us with out ever firing a shot?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
well what I think would happen is that we would just blow the world up. The humans and aliens. we would all be dead. not 1 survivor. I think the people who run our country would realize we're screwed and set off all the nukes. If we cant have this planet no one can.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Your assumption is they have never been here.

Look around has anything changed in your daily routine or lifestyle.They have been here for all time and many years ago there was contact with us.

They basically told the leaders of the human race that there was no way a war with these advanced species would turn out good for us.

We at the time understood the logic of their thought and let them do what ever they wanted.

There is more than enough evidence of their long and continued presence
on this earth.

Do some research on the shear number of witnesses of flying craft and humanoid creatures through out history.

They're here and are our superior and know it.

Before we start debating how to fight them or if we would win,the human race needs to figure out a way to live civilized amongst our selves.

Try this link to start with.
Humanoid Encounters

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. rock im pretty sure theres only a couple of ways that could turn out

Well never be TOO sure...

Most people assume that when 'the aliens' attack we will be in a Star Wars situation or maybe like "Independence Day"

But what if....

Do not be so anxious for 'disclosure'

You may regret knowing the truth

[edit on 8-9-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Do not be so anxious for 'disclosure'

You may regret knowing the truth

[edit on 8-9-2009 by zorgon]

LOL Even if it meant my certain doom... I'd still want the truth.

Living in blissful ignorance just doesn't hold any appeal

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Seems to work for most here

Well you can spit in the face of the Brain Slurper... me? I'm on the next shuttle to Alpha Centauri

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. rock
nobody thinks about this because nobody thinks we could win which we probably wouldnt but if we did would there be a reward. would we rule the universe or just say wow we beat aliens but what do we do now.

The movie "Independence Day" pretty much covers this right?

I mean the advanced alien technology is so superior to our own that we don't seem to stand a chance. Yet we get lucky through creative writing by a Hollywood script writer and somehow win. Not very likely IMO but let's say it happens.

Yeah we'll probably watch the fireworks and smoke a cigar like the end of that movie.

But the next thing to happen? Reverse engineering. All the alien wreckage would go to labs while we took it apart and tried to figure it out to build more advanced technology ourselves. Once we had that we'd be a little more prepared for the next encounter with the next alien species.

One of my favorite lines in the Stargate SG-1 series is when the Goauld have sent motherships to earth to destroy it. Bratak asks if Earth has any spaceships it can use to defend itself. And Col O'Neill replies "we have the Space Shuttle" to which Bratak says something like:

"This Shuttle, it is a formidable craft, is it not?" and the Colonel rolled his eyes. You have to be laughing at that line, at least I did. But I know the Air Force consulted with the show, they probably weren't laughing. While the space shuttle is a cool vehicle, it's hardly a "formidable craft" for Earth's defense.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't agree that humans would get "raped" in a war with aliens. Technology doesn't mean anything in the end, it just means that you have an advantage or a tool, and advantages and tools can be taken from you.

...We have countless examples in our own history to show us that advanced civilizations aren't in an unbeatable position.

Everyone and everything has weaknesses. Our casualties would be defined by the time that we needed to figure out how to exploit their weak spots.

[edit on 8/9/09 by Tifozi]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
...for there to be a "war with aliens aftermath", there would first have to be aliens that would cross the vastness of space just to come here and behave like primitive humans... to answer your question, "what if we won?": based upon our history - if we won, we'd never know - because - the puppetmasters maintain control of the masses by keeping the population in a perpetual state of fear - and - they're not gonna turn that off - because - its always worked so well for them... another tool they'll never dispose of is war - because - war is profitable (primitive economics 101)...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Here is the Aftermath:

Now this might be science-fiction to most of you, but some of you are aware of the prior civilizations and the previous epochs of human technological advancement. Watching this video, I cannot help but to think of these former periods of greatness, and their end.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
yeah but the general consensus is that if they can traverse the vast amount of space required to get here from "there", then their technology>>>> our technology = humans get butts kicked.

Yeah I agree. I think it would be a short war. And bad news for us.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I think our problem is that we always think we can resort to exterminating or war to fix or solve an issue. Id think that being an advanced civilization with the means of traveling profound distances they would also have advanced there mentality and kicked the useless actions like violence aside in light of much more prosperous ones. Either way we would serve as no competition to these beings as they most likely have lasers capable of vaping everything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join