It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Antiviral Drugs Should Be Used Cautiously to Fight Flu, U.S. Says"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hello, I'm honestly not really worried about the swine flu but I thought some of you might take interest in this article I ran across. It says...

"TUESDAY, Sept. 8 (HealthDay News) -- Antiviral medications such as Tamiflu and Relenza, which are effective in treating the H1N1 swine flu, should be taken only by people hospitalized with the flu or those at high risk for complications from the disease, U.S. health officials said Tuesday.Those at risk include people with underlying health conditions, such as asthma or diabetes, as well as the very young, the elderly, and pregnant women, officials said."

and goes onto say....

"Because the H1N1 swine flu remains mild for the vast majority of people who get it, most people won't need these medications at all, according to new guidelines for antiviral drug use issued by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
."Antiviral medicines are a critical part of our tool kit in countering influenza, both the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus and seasonal flu strains," Dr. Anne Schuchat, director of CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said during an afternoon news conference.But, Schuchat added, "most children, adolescents and adults who have influenza-like illness do not need antiviral medicine."One reason why: If too many people take antiviral medicines it could increase the risk that the virus would become resistant to these drugs, Schuchat said."

Here is the link so you can read the whole thing...

www.wrongdiagnosis.com...

Here is the link to the CDC...

www.cdc.gov...

edit to add: If this has already been posted I apologize,just delete it. Thanks.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well I guess no one is interested in this. Oh well.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

join