It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mass particle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If there is a thread about this then kick it but if not then thats ok too.
The mass particle or god particle is trying to be found and probably will be soon. But what happens if we do find it what new inventions or more theories could it lead too. just talk and think about it because thats why we come here so have fun i think this is an interesting topic.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. rock

Have a look at my thread in my signature... It may shed a bit of light on what you were wondering!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. rock

It's just a name of a smaller sub-atomic particle that theoretically should exist in certain maths theories of the universe. Anyway the name is irrelevant, we could call it anything really! I suppose the scientists want to gain people's interests, and it seems to have worked! It will connect key parts of physics together though: quantum, electrostatic, electromagnetic, classical..... so it will be a very important discovery.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i dont know if you guys read it wrong but what advancments would we have for finding this and what new theories could emerge

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
The "God particle" also known as the Higgs boson particle is believed to be the heart of matter and adds mass to everything. It's the only explanation to why mass exists. It could help us discover the gravitron. (Gravity particle)

I am no expert but I would say that they are looking for it only to take us one step closer to a unified theory of the universe.

top topics

join