It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest only if willing to die.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I feel that all the warnings from soldiers , folks showing up at the tea parties and town hall meetings with guns. The G20 military police build up and just the general disconntent with the state of things. Things are about to pop, and it will probably start at a protest like event.
Im not saying not to go , just if you do look before you walk into the street and be prepared for anything...because there are a lot of folks out there I feel that are done holding signs.

mod, hope this is in right fourm,and I did not break rules.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Sometimes you have to put your foot down regardless of what may happen, otherwise you just get pushed around like chattel

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If you are not willing to die for what you believe in.... what is the point of believing in anything at all?

The only way for change to happen in this country is for the masses to stand up and demand it with one voice... regardless of the "consequences".

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Good point about not being pushed around like chattel but there there are shades of grey... My family for instance.

Just as an example: If I went on a protest and got shot dead just as TSHTF my family (my wife and two daughters) would be without the one person who could do anything to "try" and fight their corner, get them into the highlands, protect them.

My wife has no family she just has me. I am very familiar with the highlands and islands. Therefore I think I would be very useful to her alive and a pointlessly wasted asset, dead because of a protest.

Don't take this the wrong way, I agree with the points that you have to stand up and make a stand but I also must say that on weighing up the pros and cons my duty is to my family first.

There will be many others in exactly the same situation as I me.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
If you are not willing to die for what you believe in.... what is the point of believing in anything at all?

The only way for change to happen in this country is for the masses to stand up and demand it with one voice... regardless of the "consequences".

I agree with you and Warrenb . I was just trying to kind of warn ourselves that its getting serious. There are all types on this site, just wanted to make sure the naive are aware.
Sorry , Im probably older than most and feel like a parent still. Kids are out of the house , YEAH !!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I never found much I was willing to die for, but I DID find a number of things I was willing to KILL over.

In shooting matters, it's much better to give than to receive.

That dead stuff if for a long time.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
...because there are a lot of folks out there I feel that are done holding signs.

I sincerely hope so. The sooner they occupy a cell next to Khalid Shaikh Mohammed the better.

new topics

top topics

join