It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-The Greatest Story Ever Denied: Moon Rising

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by G8tor
Everyone will get criticized once its out of the relam of the norm and to think there are no posibilities of life forms visiting the far reaches of space is just ludacris.

I'm having a really hard time finding the rationale behind "There probably are some type of alien life forms out there" meaning "There probably are some type of alien life forms, and they're visiting us on spaceships."

That seems like such a gargantuan leap in logic it almost makes my head spin. Anyone who cares to look at the laws of probability will tell you it's very possible that there's some type of life out there. The problem is whether or not that life is intelligent (less likely, but sure, still possible), whether it can travel through space at a rate that they could actually reach us (Much less likely, but why not, still probable!), whether they have actually had a reason to look, and that they've found this pinpoint of nothing in the universe.

Just because it might exist doesn't make it automatic that they're out there looking for us. That just makes you look as close-minded and self-important as the people that say Humans are the end-all be-all intelligent species and there's nothing else out there.

The first controversy, alien life, intelligent or otherwise, has yet to be proven. Baby steps, guys.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by EsSeeEye]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical EdFirst, it's the digital photos that are smudged, not the original high definition Lunar Orbiter photos and those taken before L.O. As you may know, if someone erases some of the digital ones and zeros, it might be a reason for a smudge.

Puppy Poop

LO Images were taken on 75 mm film, processed on board then scanned by VIDEO not DIGITAL.

The ones showing the 'smudges' are the NAVY Clementine images from 1994 THOSE were digital

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Skeptical EdFirst, it's the digital photos that are smudged, not the original high definition Lunar Orbiter photos and those taken before L.O. As you may know, if someone erases some of the digital ones and zeros, it might be a reason for a smudge.

Puppy Poop

LO Images were taken on 75 mm film, processed on board then scanned by VIDEO not DIGITAL.

The ones showing the 'smudges' are the NAVY Clementine images from 1994 THOSE were digital

I thought the Clementine smudges were just the result of the version 1.5 Clementine image browser, and that the smudging problem had been largely fixed in the version 2.0 image browser. So the smudges were browser smudges and not image smudges.

And I've never seen any credible evidence of any alien or even human bases on the moon. It's a study in psychology to see people gobble up this alien base fantasy.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
And I've never seen any credible evidence of any alien or even human bases on the moon.

Your not looking hard enough

Also there is the Ingo Swann connection...

blockage

[edit on 1-10-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

I was not talking about Hubble not being able to photograph the Moon, I was talking about the idea most people have that Hubble is a very powerful telescope, with the ability to take very high definition photos of the Moon, and that's not true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join